Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Appreciation Thread

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
True except the keeper made the saves which is what they are there for, all 4 that hit the woodwork had the keeper beaten so an inch either way and United would have lost the 1st one 3-2 and last night 3-1.

But the whole point is it wasn't on target so in my opinion not unlucky.

I suppose it depends on what you WANT to be the case.

remember the Swindon manager after the first play-off semi. He argued that woodwork shots should be counted as on-target and should have been in the match stats as such. Tommy Mooney missed a sitter by hitting the post. Was he unlucky?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Cock off twat features, the man is a prize cunt

not exactly how I would put it,but I do wonder what this world is coming to when the adoration of a bad tempered,fowl mouthed, man who be a useless manager without money,is.

wonder how he would get on managing Halifax Town.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ferguson is a great manager, no doubt about it, but by Christ he's rode his luck in the 2 Champions League Finals he's been involved in - he could easily have lost them both.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The guy can certain manager, and build a side, but as a person, he comes across childish and mental as the next manager.

Childish - apparently the whole "nope, I'm not talking to them" crap with the Beeb is about them criticising him a few years back when Man Utd weren't looking so good. Blimey fella, grow up!

Mental - after the defeat at Stamford Bridge the guy honestly said of the Chelsea penalty that linesmen should be giving decisions in such big games? What is he on? Is he honestly suggesting a rule change whereby linesman cannot flag for penalties in a game deemed to be "BIG"? So presumably, if a lino had flagged for a penalty when Ronaldo was being wrestled at a corner the other end, only for the ref NOT to give it, Fergie would have been nodding approvingly if the ref had explained his actions with "Well, it seemed far too big a game to allow a lino to give a decision like that, so I waved play-on." Obviously the Sky interviewer allowed Sir Alex to rant without question for fear of a similar long-term flounce suffered by the Beeb.

What he lacks - as do virtually all top flight managers these days - is class.
Greatest manager ever, Brian Clough for me. the jobs he did at Derby and especially Fores were just unbelievable.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The guy can certain manager, and build a side, but as a person, he comes across childish and mental as the next manager.

Childish - apparently the whole "nope, I'm not talking to them" crap with the Beeb is about them criticising him a few years back when Man Utd weren't looking so good. Blimey fella, grow up!

Mental - after the defeat at Stamford Bridge the guy honestly said of the Chelsea penalty that linesmen should be giving decisions in such big games? What is he on? Is he honestly suggesting a rule change whereby linesman cannot flag for penalties in a game deemed to be "BIG"? So presumably, if a lino had flagged for a penalty when Ronaldo was being wrestled at a corner the other end, only for the ref NOT to give it, Fergie would have been nodding approvingly if the ref had explained his actions with "Well, it seemed far too big a game to allow a lino to give a decision like that, so I waved play-on." Obviously the Sky interviewer allowed Sir Alex to rant without question for fear of a similar long-term flounce suffered by the Beeb.

What he lacks - as do virtually all top flight managers these days - is class.
Greatest manager ever, Brian Clough for me. the jobs he did at Derby and especially Fores were just unbelievable.

Amen that man. I can't believe he had the GALL to rant about the penalty decision that game, SEEING AS IT WAS THE FIRST GIVEN AGAINS THEM IN THE LEAGUE ALL SEASON.

His slimy assistant also used unfair referees to make an excuse of them not being in the final. f***ing twat, Pompey beat you(as sick as that makes me to say)

grr

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
f***ing twat, Pompey beat you(as sick as that makes me to say)

grr

:lolol:

Yeah, that was another CRACKER wasn't it. Pompey beat ManUre because of the ref, and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the chances Utd missed, including Carrick from about a yard out. Nope, it was the ref!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
:lolol:

Yeah, that was another CRACKER wasn't it. Pompey beat ManUre because of the ref, and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the chances Utd missed, including Carrick from about a yard out. Nope, it was the ref!

Such BAD losers...

Can't they accept one defeat?

Pathetic twats.At least Grant admitted Chelsea deserved to lose against Barnsley..

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
knotty is talking sense
fergy
:bowdown:

incidentally was anyone on here in the queens head last night (by the station), a fair bit of Albion songs going off

Yoda

English & European
Yeh i wouldnt say he found Henry, he'd been playing well for Monaco and France, but dont forget he moved to Juventus and was SHIT and it was then that he moved to Arsenal and saved his career.

And who was manager at Monaco when Henry was coming through the youth system to make his first team debut? :dunce:

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Great manager, got the tactics absoloutly spot on last night. Ashley Cole has had a very good record at containing Ronaldo, so he switched him to the left of midfield up against a central midfielder in Essien. Very unlucky with the goal they conceded, it was completely against the run of play, and gave Chelsea the motivation they needed to step up their game, getting the fans behind them for the second half. I hate to say the phrase but Chelsea scored at the perfect time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But the whole point is it wasn't on target so in my opinion not unlucky.

I suppose it depends on what you WANT to be the case.

remember the Swindon manager after the first play-off semi. He argued that woodwork shots should be counted as on-target and should have been in the match stats as such. Tommy Mooney missed a sitter by hitting the post. Was he unlucky?

Are you really suggesting that we WEREN'T lucky against Swindon? In that case we are just gonna have to disagree as to what constitutes unlucky because I thought we rode our lucky massively and I also think United have in both their last two Champions League Final wins and I really wasn't anti them in either game.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i have no beef about it , but I'd say it to your face for a laugh. I've seen you and you are far from scary

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
congratulations to the man (hope he is reading this as I am sure he gets all his football knowledge from NSC)

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The irony is that Taggart is a great manager and has made The Shit a better club than they deserve to be.

The irony being that the glory hunting twats on here won't be singing about The Shite or Fergie when they sink back to average when Taggart eventually leaves!:lolol:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Are you really suggesting that we WEREN'T lucky against Swindon? In that case we are just gonna have to disagree as to what constitutes unlucky because I thought we rode our lucky massively and I also think United have in both their last two Champions League Final wins and I really wasn't anti them in either game.

No, I wasn't suggesting we weren't lucky. I was talking specifically about hitting the woodwork.

How can a shot that hits the woodwork be better than one that is on target but is saved by good keeping or defending. In my view it can't. Surely the better shot is the one on target? A woodwork shot doesn't NEED saving.

In the case of last night United had three on target all well saved. Chelsea had two off target that hit the woodwork.

You could say that none of those five attempts was unlucky as they weren't good enough to score, but United's were the more accurate, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here