Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Appreciation Thread

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ooh, this would be the perfect chance to utter those immortal words: Can we keep this online?

As for giving a drunk man I've never met my address when he's decided he hates the guts of an internet poster I'm behind does not rank high on my list of great ideas!!!

So that'll be a retraction from you then when you say that I'm not prepared to say it to your face. All mouth, no trousers.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm more than prepared for you to say whatever you like to my face. I genuinely have no issue with that whatsoever. Let me know what your first albion game is of next season, and if I'm there you'll get your chance. However, when it's 1.15 in the morning and I live more than an hour from you is perhaps not the time to do it. On that we must agree??!

You said I wouldn't say it to your face. I'm really in the mood to jump in a taxi right now and do that very thing. Put up or shut up. Now is the VERY time to discuss it whilst the topic is hot, so to speak.

Come on CB. You're quite prepared to be on NSC at this time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now that you have finished squabbling can I just add that I thought that he pulled a masterstroke tonight by playing Ronaldo on the left and Hargreaves wide on the right as it is a known fact that Ashley Cole always kicks f*** out of Ronaldo but was unable to do the same against Hargreaves and Ronaldo ran riot with Chelsea right side of the defence 1st half. He was ,howver , slightly out thought by Grant during half time.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Now that you have finished squabbling can I just add that I thought that he pulled a masterstroke tonight by playing Ronaldo on the left and Hargreaves wide on the right as it is a known fact that Ashley Cole always kicks f*** out of Ronaldo but was unable to do the same against Hargreaves and Ronaldo ran riot with Chelsea right side of the defence 1st half. He was ,howver , slightly out thought by Grant during half time.

Is squabbling a word?

Oct 25, 2003
he's a good manager, that's beyond doubt

however, one would question how he has managed just two european cup finals (admittedly both won) with the richest club on the planet

i'd expect more if i were a united fan

then again if i were a united fan i'd probably be a twat

"aaaariiiight your-nye-ched wooon 'yoooroopeeeyaaan cooop top mad ferrritt"

or something in chinese

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who is this Sir Alex, I put it into google and got this

PTI%20Prince%20son%20(rear).JPG

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why do people get so worked up about a team they don't support winning something? Such anger and hostility is incredible and frightening.

Why are you so bothered? If you don't support them, ignore them and ignore threads like this.

United are what they are, as are Chelsea, as is Ferguson. You may hate them for all sorts of reasons - some of which are contrived to suit a prejudice rather than real.

I wish the Albion had a stadium like Old Trafford and a manager as succcessful as Ferguson. Sure he has had a lot of money to spend, but United's wealth has been built up by a sustained run of success on the pitch over many, many years and from before the obscene Sky money came in.

What shall we do if the Albion get to the Premiership? - Say "Thank you, Sky, but we can't take all that money from you because we're not that sort of club. We don't want any success based on lots of money."?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sure he has had a lot of money to spend, but United's wealth has been built up by a sustained run of success on the pitch over many, many years and from before the obscene Sky money came in.

What shall we do if the Albion get to the Premiership? - Say "Thank you, Sky, but we can't take all that money from you because we're not that sort of club. We don't want any success based on lots of money."?

What success before Sky.

Sky provided football to the masses hence their worldwide fans base, they were fortunate that they were in the right place at the right time. Had sky come along five years earlier then it would have been Liverpool in United place now

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
What success before Sky.

Sky provided football to the masses hence their worldwide fans base, they were fortunate that they were in the right place at the right time. Had sky come along five years earlier then it would have been Liverpool in United place now

So why didn't Liverpool make the most of it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here