Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex Appreciation Thread

I couldn't give a flying f*** about lots of things on this site, but I just choose not to read them. It's quite easy, you know.

The problem is that you Manc Wanks are polluting an ALBION board. Why not go to a ManUre board where you can talk to a load of other sad fucks who've never been to a ManUre game in their lives?

Yoda

English & European
And just think, he was one game away from being sacked when they were shit and had no money, then got a lucky league cup win and went on to win it that season.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Fact is highly debateable. Since the 90s, he has been a manager of the richest club in the world. Anything less than a handful of trophies would have been an abject failure.

the late 80's he was almost consigned to the managerial scrap heap if he didnt win. He has since then built the best team to win trophies, if HE hadnt built the teams then they wouldnt have won, Man U wouldnt have been the richest team and he wouldnt be the best manger. also needed is that man U give a manager time to prove himself

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Lots of people wank themselves silly over Leeds' finances. Or Palace. Or even sodding Colchester at times this season.

The point is that if noone commented on anything other than what directly relates to Brighton and Hove Albion this board would be VERY quiet. Do you want me to tell you how many threads on the first page of the main board right NOW are about BHAFC? FOUR. Yes, four. I'm going to go and criticise all of those posters for posting on an "albion" board....

Again, you're creaming yourself over ANOTHER FOOTBALL TEAM's victory on NSC.

You're even calling them your heroes. (!!!)

Why do it on an Albion forum?! You'll find lots of like-minded individuals on a Man Utd board ------>

BTW, everyone has second- and third-fave teams, but for most of us it's Albion 99.99% of the way, while the other clubs share the scraps of the interest, commitment and passion between them. The way you're going on, I think you love Man Utd as much as Albion. Poor show.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
the late 80's he was almost consigned to the managerial scrap heap if he didnt win. He has since then built the best team to win trophies, if HE hadnt built the teams then they wouldnt have won, Man U wouldnt have been the richest team and he wouldnt be the best manger. also needed is that man U give a manager time to prove himself

Man Utd have always been one of the biggest clubs in the world. Whilst it is possible to suggest that he made them what they are today, it is quite clear that they were the first team to take the initiative when the money began to roll in. The team that started tonight were bought for over £110m. Would they he be lifting the European Trophy tonight, if Man Utd did not have so much money? It was a fair sum of money that saved his job at Man Utd in the first place.

I am not denying that he is a good/great/stupendous manager, but the best? Football has been sanitised by money and I don't think there is a fair comparison for football today and football of yesteryear. He has one of the easiest jobs in football.

Best manager ever? I don't think so and surely unquantifiable.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
One thing that occurred to me a couple of years back, is this.

In 1998 a young player came back from the World Cup to Manchester United, pretty much as the most hated player in the country. He could have self destructed, but under Fergie's guidance, by the end of the season was hailed as one of the best players in the country, if not Europe.

In 2006 a young player came back from the World Cup to Manchester United, pretty much as the most hated player in the country. He could have self destructed, but under Fergie's guidance, by the end of the season was hailed as one of the best players in the country, if not Europe.

Both Beckham and Ronaldo came back as stronger players, mentally, and I'm sure that's no coincidence.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Lots of people wank themselves silly over Leeds' finances. Or Palace. Or even sodding Colchester at times this season.

The point is that if noone commented on anything other than what directly relates to Brighton and Hove Albion this board would be VERY quiet. Do you want me to tell you how many threads on the first page of the main board right NOW are about BHAFC? FOUR. Yes, four. I'm going to go and criticise all of those posters for posting on an "albion" board....

All the teams you mention...Leeds...Palace...Colchester are teams we have an axe to grind against for whatever reason. You clearly love Man U. All we are asking you to do is f*** off to a glory hunting man U message board and wank off there. you c*nt.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All the teams you mention...Leeds...Palace...Colchester are teams we have an axe to grind against for whatever reason. You clearly love Man U. All we are asking you to do is f*** off to a glory hunting man U message board and wank off there. you c*nt.

Word.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

:clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here