Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alan Sugar - Grade A W*nker

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
his $ 30 000 000 private jet ( because he can't be bothered to queue in an airport like the rest of us )

Airports are a pain in the arse, if I had that kind of money to spend on a private jet I'd do the exact same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Small man syndrome. He's done very well for himself and feels the need to brag about it, quite sad really.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Airports are a pain in the arse, if I had that kind of money to spend on a private jet I'd do the exact same.

Damm right, nothing wrong with him spending his own money that he has earnt through hard work. Sure Richard Branson and lots of other self made millionaires (billionaires) have done the same

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will have to catch up on this.

Piers Morgan is one of my guilty pleasures. I HATE him - but i find reading his newspaper columns and watching him on the TV addictive, purely because he winds me right up.

Piers Morgan IS genuinely a dodgy geezer. He was guilty of insider trading along with the two blokes who wrote the City page in the Mirror at the time. They were hung out to dry and he got only a reprimand despite trousering £000's... decietful greedy cheat.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Piers Morgan IS genuinely a dodgy geezer. He was guilty of insider trading along with the two blokes who wrote the City page in the Mirror at the time. They were hung out to dry and he got only a reprimand despite trousering £000's... decietful greedy cheat.

Very harsh (and not necessarily true), he is however guilty of publishing the faked Iraqi torture photos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That is not the case. Watch the programme and see if you agree. It is NOT because he is wealthy. It is because he is a shallow, arrogant WANKER.

the thing is, in your "review" in the first post, you have not made any mention what so ever about how he demonstrates this, except to show your disgust at his exhibition of his wealth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well if you did not watch the programme you cannot comment and I did explain why I thought he was arrogant and shallow in the original post.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How did he make so much dosh out off a shitty brand like Amstrad anyway. They really were crap sterios and computers.

they also made set top boxes for sky, who brought the business out i believe. He also ran Viglen which made pretty decent PCs and got into nice public sector (education?) contracts.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
it seems to me you revel in chipping in with a negative comment at every opportunity.

Pot meet Kettle.

Actually I thought he came across quite well. He does do loads for charity, and he has worked his way up, it certainly was not handed to him on a plate like some on the rich list.

I thought despite the fact that Morgan was desperate to try and ridicule him at every opportunity he held his own and in most part went along with the pathetic jokes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well if you did not watch the programme you cannot comment and I did explain why I thought he was arrogant and shallow in the original post.

You choose the 'Grade A Wanker'...

Exhibit A: A man who has worked his way from humble East End origins to billionaire-ish status, founding and building many businesses on the way. A man who has created thousands of jobs for British workers. A man who brought reasonable priced PCs to the masses. A man who has given many millions to charity whilst inspiring untold others to also get involved. A Lord of the realm.

Exhibit B: A man who watches a short piece of heavily edited and produced sensationalist television, seemingly does no further research but knows enough to publicly abuse the subject of the TV show he watched.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Exhibit A: A man who has worked his way from humble East End origins to billionaire-ish status, founding and building many businesses on the way. A man who has created thousands of jobs for British workers. A man who brought reasonable priced PCs to the masses. A man who has given many millions to charity whilst inspiring untold others to also get involved. A Lord of the realm.

Exhibit B: A man who watches a short piece of heavily edited and produced sensationalist television, seemingly does no further research but knows enough to publicly abuse the subject of the TV show he watched.

Perhaps it is time to advertise next Satudays' disco :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't worry Beachy I am on it :laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Thats about right. Whats the problem ?.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I don't blame Lord Sugar for getting a private jet. I can't stand bloody airports either, and if I could afford my own jet, I would buy one.

Airports are just hassle end of. Airports are designed just for women so they can do even more shopping whilst waiting for the flight.

This is also why they don't have many places to sit down either. Its designed so you have to walk around and spend money.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I haven't seen the programme so can't comment on its content.

Perhaps US this is the sort of view ITV want the public to have about Lord Sugar with his new series of The Apprentice starting on Wednesday; a show which is likely to take viewing figures away from ITV. They have chosen to air it the weekend before the new series comes out.

Like I said, I don't know how ITV sought to portray him, but I wouldn't put it past ITV trying such a tactic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here