Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alan Sugar - Grade A W*nker

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we get back on track about Alan Sugar. This thread was not posted for someone to start having a pop at a fellow member but someone decided to take it down that path. I don't give a flying f*** if anyone likes me or not, accept me as I am or f*** off, we are talking about Alan Sugar. Does anyone like him ?. Am I wrong ?.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Had some contact with him in the past. Came across as a repugnant little bundle of bile and attitude, with a massive chip on his shoulder. God knows why he is presented as some kind of management guru as his bullying style is the antithesis of what is generally viewed as good management practice these days, in any sector.

His businesses are shit. Absolutely piss-poor and worth a lot less than he would have you believe. He made the major part of his wealth in property after his first Amstrad home computer thingy. You remember - came with a green keyboard and it's own telly.

I say shit, they must be quite good but I can't be arsed to put a reasoned argument together.

To be honest, I kind of hit my peak in this thread with that Sarah Watts gag.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I like him and I didn't think he was boasting about his wealth, he was simply being honest with everything piers asked him. How many people would have admitted to all the times they had cried on tv? However piers Morgan is a wanker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had some contact with him in the past. Came across as a repugnant little bundle of bile and attitude, with a massive chip on his shoulder. God knows why he is presented as some kind of management guru as his bullying style is the antithesis of what is generally viewed as good management practice these days, in any sector.

The Evening Standard business section said very much the same thing sometime last year.

Personally I'd pay good money not to work under Alan Sugar.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
thats a bit snide Darren. I do not just hate someone as their successful and you are insinuating I am a loser, well fair enough but up until 2 years ago I was successful. Watch the progamme and if you are easy with it let me know.

I don't consider you a loser Gareth, don't be so ridiculous. Maybe I should have said "ultra-successful", but there does seem to be a very clear pattern with you:

i) wallowing in self-pity
ii) be stinging about those held up as ultra-successful

I didn't see the show but I intend to watch the re-run on ITV4 in a few days time.

I'd imagine if a film crew and Morgan followed Sugar for around a week or two, and then condensed their footage into an hour and a bit, then they would be able to portray almost any side of him they like. That's TV Gareth, it's what they do to draw people in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
we are talking about Alan Sugar. Does anyone like him ?. Am I wrong ?.

Think his companies are a perfect example of the decline of post-war Britain as an industrial powerhouse.

Minimal spend on R&D, poor design, poor reliability and a confrontational management style seeing employees as costs rather than assets, and you end up being swamped by imports from South East Asia where they do the opposite.

But that in itself doesn't make him a Grade 'A' Wanker, IMO.

I think he plays to the gallery a little when being interviewed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever happened to THIS little beauty, the Amstrad E-M@iler from 1998? :lol:

amstrad-emailer.jpg

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Whatever happened to THIS little beauty, the Amstrad E-M@iler from 1998? :lol:

amstrad-emailer.jpg

Correct. Lord Sugar created a global brand, created manufacturing jobs in the UK as well as abroad. The reason this country is in the shit state that it is, is because we don't manufacturer anything. All we do is sell sodding food, insurance and banking services. Please name me something we will still manufacturer in the UK that is a known around the world, because I have forgotten.

I think he deserves every penny, because he has earned it, not like the Premiership players who he once said "They are total scum. If they weren't football players, most of them would be in prison"

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Can we get back on track about Alan Sugar. This thread was not posted for someone to start having a pop at a fellow member but someone decided to take it down that path. I don't give a flying f*** if anyone likes me or not, accept me as I am or f*** off, we are talking about Alan Sugar. Does anyone like him ?. Am I wrong ?.

I met him quite a few years ago, personally i thought he was a nice guy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We always appear to hate those successful but that is the way of the world these days.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So he likes to flaunt his success by buying houses and planes, nothing wrong with that. Worked hard and been very successful. and its Lord Alan Sugar

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We always appear to hate those successful but that is the way of the world these days.

That is not the case. Watch the programme and see if you agree. It is NOT because he is wealthy. It is because he is a shallow, arrogant WANKER.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That is not the case. Watch the programme and see if you agree. It is NOT because he is wealthy. It is because he is a shallow, arrogant WANKER.

Jealously is very poor trait in people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here