Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "Single file you lycra clad twats"

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No human health risk from horse manure. That's why you can put it all over your garden, growing veg etc. Horses have a plant based diet so no real bacteria in their shit.

Dogs on the other hand with their various meat and processed meat diets have a whole range of bacteria, worms etc. in their poo - hence you can't really use it as a nutrient in gardening, otherwise you could buy a bag of dog shit in the garden centre! :lolol:

Much messier and a shit load bigger, they should clear it up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just popped in - nothing new (although picking up horse ploppies is a nice touch) so carry on you blameless miracles.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So settle back, tuck in behind the peloton and cruise along at a constant 16 mph.

Everyone’s happy.

This is sound advice.

Never really understood the desire to rush around all the time. Due to a lazy lunch the other week I was running late for the Norwich game and had to rush to my seat; it was a horrible pressured experience. Why would anyone want to live like this every day? Slow down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is sound advice.

Never really understood the desire to rush around all the time. Due to a lazy lunch the other week I was running late for the Norwich game and had to rush to my seat; it was a horrible pressured experience. Why would anyone want to live like this every day? Slow down.

Disorganised idiots start their journeys late or to the wire, every single time, causing the stress and speeding.

Lacking the mental agility to think “wouldn’t my life be easier if I left 10 minutes earlier”.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is sound advice.

Textbook NSC that. Dear points of view, Why are people badly organised and rushing about?

Followed by an example of the poster being badly organised and rushing about.

No wonder I've been around here for 20 plus years.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
In a cycling related point, I am working as a volunteer on the rock up and ride events at the Olympic Park as part of the #rideforUkraine day, where there is
a) no cars
b) no horses
c) You can go in single file or ride like one of those pyramids you used to see in the Military tatoo

But you do have to try and beat a GB Gold Medallist.

There is the cost of track hire to meet, but all successful fundraisers get to ride for free.

Full details on https://www.facebook.com/events/623300665722475/

RideforUkraine 8th June Track and Road.png

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This newish thing of adults riding their bikes on the pavement gets on my tits. Why? Usually one handed while looking at their phone, with a fag on. Not just teenagers showing off either, 30-40 year olds too.
It's not like it's easier on the pavement either. Far, far quicker and easier to cycle on the road.

A longtime bugbear of mine.

Pavement cyclists will probably tell you "it's too dangerous on the road". Yeah, so you cycle on the pavement you selfish *** where hitting a young kid or frail senior is going to damage them and not you.

A reminder to all cyclists; it is UNLAWFUL to ride a bicycle anywhere than on the public highway or designated cycle path.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton

Pavement cyclists will probably tell you "it's too dangerous on the road". Yeah, so you cycle on the pavement you selfish *** where hitting a young kid or frail senior is going to damage them and not you.

A reminder to all cyclists; it is UNLAWFUL to ride a bicycle anywhere than on the public highway or designated cycle path.
Actually, its only against the Highways Act 1835 if you 'wilfully' ride on the footpath. In the same way that Boris Johnson didn't 'knowingly' attend a party, it's ok to plead ignorance. [Under the same section of the Act, it is also unlawful to 'wilfully lead or drive any horse, ass, sheep, mule, swine, or cattle or carriage of any description, or any truck or sledge' or to thether aforesaid animals on any footpath]. It is also unlawful to park a vehicle in a cycle lane during its hours of operation but that is a law regarded more in its breach than its observance.

The following info is from website 'First4Lawyers': In 2014, cycling minister Robert Goodwill said that police officers should use their discretion when it comes to prosecuting cyclists on the pavement. If a cyclist is seen to be considerate of other road users while on the pavement, police officers will typically avoid fining them in most cases, instead choosing to point out the dangers of cycling on the pavement – to them and pedestrians.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
In a cycling related point, I am working as a volunteer on the rock up and ride events at the Olympic Park as part of the #rideforUkraine day, where there is
a) no cars
b) no horses
c) You can go in single file or ride like one of those pyramids you used to see in the Military tatoo

But you do have to try and beat a GB Gold Medallist.

There is the cost of track hire to meet, but all successful fundraisers get to ride for free.

Full details on https://www.facebook.com/events/623300665722475/

]
I had a taster session on the track as a birthday present - it was absolutely brilliant and totally knackering. Much better than Preston Park!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't like cycling on the pavement, feels wrong, but equally not a fan of the roads these days.

I tend to cycle on the pavement between the Norfolk Bridge and Shell stn on the way to work, IF the path has pedestrians I'll slow or drop onto the road. . . . buses/vans permitting as its a narrow road and a bike is as much a nuisance either way.

now win situation really, everywhere is busy and everyone is in a rush.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't like cycling on the pavement, feels wrong, but equally not a fan of the roads these days.

I tend to cycle on the pavement between the Norfolk Bridge and Shell stn on the way to work, IF the path has pedestrians I'll slow or drop onto the road. . . . buses/vans permitting as its a narrow road and a bike is as much a nuisance either way.

now win situation really, everywhere is busy and everyone is in a rush.

This, which I find baffling. Where is everyone rushing to? Why not set off with adequate time? It can’t be healthy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's like when you're driving along on a lovely sunny day.
Windows down, roof open, some tunes playing, chatting to a mate on the phone then you steam up behind one of those 'holier than thou' drivers who insist on driving at the speed limit.

It always takes aeons before you can get past them and carry on with your journey.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Motorists should give cyclists plenty of room because....swerving to avoid pot holes......which is also why cyclists should ride single file.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

Don't think I have seen anyone cycling on the pavement in months. Seen plenty of cars parked on and blocking pavements though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1517083692690288642[/tweet]

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
[tweet]1517083692690288642[/tweet]

Even as a cyclist I find that a bit harsh! The cyclist pulled out to pass a parked car - and the highway code says you should give way to oncoming traffic before pulling out to pass parked vehicles on your side of the road. Granted - the car was slightly over the white line, but still.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This, which I find baffling. Where is everyone rushing to? Why not set off with adequate time? It can’t be healthy.

I have to say I do envy your zen lifestyle, where you seemingly manage to drift serenely through life with all the time in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here