Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cox On The Way?

J@$on

Jun 30, 2010
Hello this is my first post but i hope to be able to offer something constructive.

I've heard a rumour that Simon Cox will be coming to us on a 6 month loan.

Poyet obviously has a good relationship with Di Matteo and Cox is experienced at this level so he certainly fits the bill set out by Gus. Would be a cracking signing even if on Loan as he has been told he will not be playing regularly in the Premier League and will be allowed to go out on loan.

Apparently Swindon had first refusal should Cox be allowed out on loan but Cox has said he does not want to go back to Swindon. Would surely help fire us into the Championship.

The idea as I understand would be Cox come here on loan for the first half of the sesaon with a re-call clause unless a Championship club comes in for him.

It may be complete rubbish but have not seen a transfer rumours section yet.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im ASHAMED to say I have never heard of Simon Cox :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That would be quite a coup, although I thought Gus was only looking to use the loan market in emergencies. This would be a VERY worthwhile exception.
Doesn't sound TOTALLY out of the realms, but it would certainly cause one of my eyebrows to lift if it actually happened. Maybe even both of them.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
would be immense, but cant see it, plenty of championship clubs would be interested i would have thought.

welcome btw :albion2:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I'd be happy with that. Good signing who can score at our level and as you say, Poyet has contacts with WBA. Good for both clubs.

Who is your source then budy? eh? eh?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Complete bollox from head to toe.There would be plenty of championship clubs who would take him and why would he lower his standards to play L1 football?

Why do people fall for shit rumours?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hello this is my first post but i hope to be able to offer something constructive.

I've heard a rumour that Simon Cox will be coming to us on a 6 month loan.

Poyet obviously has a good relationship with Di Matteo and Cox is experienced at this level so he certainly fits the bill set out by Gus. Would be a cracking signing even if on Loan as he has been told he will not be playing regularly in the Premier League and will be allowed to go out on loan.

Apparently Swindon had first refusal should Cox be allowed out on loan but Cox has said he does not want to go back to Swindon. Would surely help fire us into the Championship.

The idea as I understand would be Cox come here on loan for the first half of the sesaon with a re-call clause unless a Championship club comes in for him.

It may be complete rubbish but have not seen a transfer rumours section yet.
I'm sure that'd go down well with our friends from Wiltshere. :laugh:

Would be a superb signing if we could somehow pull it off though, and would fall in line with the 'Premier League' striker that's been rumoured on here for so long. SURELY there'd be tons of Championship clubs after him if he was available though? I thought he'd done quite well for West Brom last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Should only use loans in an emergency according to Gus => unlikely IMHO...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Complete bollox from head to toe.There would be plenty of championship clubs who would take him and why would he lower his standards to play L1 football?

I don't think anyone is "falling for it". Just saying that it would be a great signing, but sounds very unlikely

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I love rumours like this - just the slightest possibility it might be true, eloquently structured and backed up. Would be a stunning coup for us but conversely could be a Swindon fan taking the piss and winding us up

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

maybe because he likes scoring goals and at our level he certainly will do that,and you have discounted the friendship of the managers.

good first post j@$on and welcome to the forum
if your post has any credence you will be a hero

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here