Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Cox On The Way?

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
would be immense, but cant see it, plenty of championship clubs would be interested i would have thought.

welcome btw :albion2:

Although we aren't in the Championship, in terms of reputation and glamour, how far away are Brighton from teams in the lower half of the Championship in status?

Sparrow cited Poyet as key in helping him decide to join us; he neglected to mention Falmer!

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Complete bollox from head to toe.There would be plenty of championship clubs who would take him and why would he lower his standards to play L1 football?

Why do people fall for shit rumours?

There would be Championship clubs that want him, but he wouldn't be guaranteed a start every week.
Where as he would here, and would bang them in. Doing wonders for his confidence.
Plus there is the Di Matteo / Poyet connection.
Perhaps he wants to play games, and would like to work under someone as special as Gus :clap2:
Don't completely rule it out...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That would be quite a coup, although I thought Gus was only looking to use the loan market in emergencies. This would be a VERY worthwhile exception.
Doesn't sound TOTALLY out of the realms, but it would certainly cause one of my eyebrows to lift if it actually happened. Maybe even both of them.

It would raise both of mine and a shout of " Get in there Gus" would pass my lips also.

As nice as it sounds...i cant see it happening.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Although we aren't in the Championship, in terms of reputation and glamour, how far away are Brighton from teams in the lower half of the Championship in terms of status?

Sparrow cited Poyet as key in helping him decide to join us; he neglected to mention Falmer!

If you had the ability of Cox then you certainly wouldn't want to drop down to L1.

He won't cut it at premiership level but he might as well put himself in the shop window at championship level where he can pick up a decent pay packet.

J@$on

Jun 30, 2010
People can say its bollocks or not. Its fair enough realy becuase I am just saying what I heard but then on every message board people say "Oh my mate was talking to the guy in the ticket office who was talking to the cleaner who overheard the gaffer....." but I do have a good source on this. The reason why Cox apparently is "seriously considering the offer" is beucase it could lead to a permanent move as we are a good bet for Promotion and with Falmer plus we are not too too far from his home in Reading. Derby County also want Cox.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
People can say its bollocks or not. Its fair enough realy becuase I am just saying what I heard but then on every message board people say "Oh my mate was talking to the guy in the ticket office who was talking to the cleaner who overheard the gaffer....." but I do have a good source on this. The reason why Cox apparently is "seriously considering the offer" is beucase it could lead to a permanent move as we are a good bet for Promotion and with Falmer plus we are not too too far from his home in Reading. Derby County also want Cox.

But he has a good chance of starting on a regular basis for West Brom. Just doesn't make sense.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
You can't even spell properly and judging by your use of English in your post,someone has sucked you in easily young boy. Or more then likely this is a 2nd account.

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!

Interesting. Can you elaborate on the source? ???

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
You can't even spell properly and judging by your use of English in your post,someone has sucked you in easily young boy. Or more then likely this is a 2nd account.

I'm confident it is not a 2nd account.

After a bit more investigation, I retract the comment above, I am NOT confident now.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely no chance.

He has just helped a side get promoted to the EPL, he will expect to get some game time there or if he were to be loaned out I would very much doubt it will be to League One, it will be the Championship.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Hello this is my first post but i hope to be able to offer something constructive.

I've heard a rumour that Simon Cox will be coming to us on a 6 month loan.

Poyet obviously has a good relationship with Di Matteo and Cox is experienced at this level so he certainly fits the bill set out by Gus. Would be a cracking signing even if on Loan as he has been told he will not be playing regularly in the Premier League and will be allowed to go out on loan.

Apparently Swindon had first refusal should Cox be allowed out on loan but Cox has said he does not want to go back to Swindon. Would surely help fire us into the Championship.

The idea as I understand would be Cox come here on loan for the first half of the sesaon with a re-call clause unless a Championship club comes in for him.

It may be complete rubbish but have not seen a transfer rumours section yet.

Your credibility is waning and your spelling awful!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I want to believe that, I really really do.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It seems unlikely, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I'm always a bit surprised that clubs don't do this more often. Sign a talented young player, and then immediately loan him out to keep his development going, but knowing he's their player whenever they want him.

I've always assumed they don't do this more, becuase they don't trust other clubs and managers to use thier player right, and develop him in the way they would do. So, the Poyet / Di Matteo link make it feasible.

Why not Championship? That's why it remains unlikely for me, but they would take back a much more confident young striker if he's spent 6 months banging in 20 goals in League One (as I think he'd do) than a player who has struggled (and perhaps failed) to find his feet with a new club in The Championship, hitting 6-7 goals in 6 months.

I still think unlikely, but I could see that it would make some sense for WBA, and of course PLENTY of sense for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here