Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simeon Jackson

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Naylor is clueless.

Story has been around for two days and only last night did he pick it up, the back page of the Argus today says he is signing and now it looks like he might not. Completely clueless journalist.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the shit if he or someone like him doesnt sign today.
Not against George Barker stepping up but with a retrial still to come (before the end of the season?) it is a massive risk.
Fingers crossed we get some experirence in.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We've had what, 2 weeks to replace CMS and Barnes? Why do we leave everything until the last minute, it's bloody annoying.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
For those of you who don't use twitter:

@BBCSussexSport: Oatway says any loan deal for Simeon Jackson could be affected by Norwich willingness to let player go at this stage. #bhafc have till 5pm.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd be amazed if we don't pick up Jackson.

Oatway is hardly going to sit there and say "yep, it's in the bag".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We've had what, 2 weeks to replace CMS and Barnes? Why do we leave everything until the last minute, it's bloody annoying.

Because its not entirely in our hands, we need the agreement of the club we're borrowing from, and the player, both of whom will know the deadline is coming up and maybe they can get better deals if they just wait a week?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I still think Jackson will come in, and even if he doesn't, Gus will have an alternative. The days of (insert manager of the time) stating we're about to get new players in, then Dick Knight appearing in the Argus after a fruitless deadline day and reeling off a list of players we nearly got are consigned to the past.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
JC also tweeted this...
[MENTION=20735]Johnny[/MENTION]cburger: From today's presser with you feel a deal for Simeon Jackson in the balance. I understand another name on list Peter Lovenkrands. #bhafc

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Is it true Norwich want some sort of 'first refusal' on Bridcutt as part of the deal?... That could be a factor.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
And I fully agree with Bozza re what Oatway is likely to say about a potential loan. Just passing on the information

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Me too.

I hope it's just Oatway under instruction to create a smokescreen for Gus while he tries to get a second loan in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Naylor is clueless.

Story has been around for two days and only last night did he pick it up, the back page of the Argus today says he is signing and now it looks like he might not. Completely clueless journalist.

A bit harsh. He deals in facts rather than speculation. Like all journalists, he's only as good as his sources, and I think he's got a pretty good track record.

Exactly what I was going to post. Yet another example of the management saying one, and the opposite happening. Much better to keep Forest guessing what might happen with tomorrow's team, and let SJ loose in the second half :goal::goal::goal..

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

True enough. Someone that educated is highly unlikely to slip up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here