Sid well signs.....good or bad news?

Sidwell. ..good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 206 86.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Hope we can do a lot better and he is just back up !

Votes: 21 8.9%

• Total voters

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
This is one of those signings where I'm happy to go with CH's judgement. Last season I thought Sidwell initially struggled to adjust for pace and fitness but got stronger over the few games he played. But he's got ability, nous and experience so if the manager thinks he can play a part (as back-up I guess) then that's good enough for me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Look mate all signings at our club are budget driven Sidwell fits our budget and sadly next season I doubt we will be signing any high end players all we can hope for is our scouting team unearth a few gems! This is realitly!

The Club, the Management, the Recruitment Team have a rough idea what the squad will look like at the end of this transfer window, since thy will have drawn up a recruitment list. At this moment in time, neither yourself or anyone else on here for that matter, have the same insight, so it is difficult to comment on whether it will be a good signing or not.

However, the thread asked the question so you have to take the signing and the player in isolation and if you do that then you have to ask yourself. Can he still compete competitively at this level and I think the answer has to be yes. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's though so, I take your point on board and accept it as being as good as anyone else's but the way you put your point across leaves a lot to be desired

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The season is a marathon and central midfielders pick up injuries and suspensions more than most. We were far too reliant on Kayal and Stephens last season and they will need to get rested from time to time in order that they perform at their peak.

Sidwell looked better the more game time he got under his belt and made a decent contribution last season He's also familiar with the set-up and has bedded in. This was always a no-brainer signing, it's a good day for the Albion.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Was a bit disappointed with him at the start of the year, maybe I had inflated expectations based on his previous loan spell with us.
Got better as the season went on, hopefully that was because of match fitness / adjusting to the team. Good singing one would hope

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great as a back-up. Just hope if we sign Cousins, it's to play 3 in midfield with Sidders as the back-up, not to replace Stephens.

I figure this also means neither JFC or Ince are likely to be breaking into the match day squad let alone starting line-ups.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Good solid signing, got better with games on his loan spell and need experience in the squad.

Surely the fact that he is the 3rd best central midfielder on our books now makes it a good signing ? If we can add Cousins into the mix and Towell I think that gives us 5 good central midfielders.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love the way everyone considers him third choice, maybe you never saw him first time around? He WILL be challenging Stephens and Kayal for a starting spot.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I love the way everyone considers him third choice, maybe you never saw him first time around? He WILL be challenging Stephens and Kayal for a starting spot.

And such pressure on Kayal and Stephens would hopefully return as good performances as we have seen the season just gone. Maintaining a competitive squad is vital to promotion.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Tried and tested, vastly experienced, knows the team and the system AND is clearly comfortable with the fact that he will be playing backup to Kayal and Stephens. For the role he'll be filling in our team next season there is literally nobody more suited so it's a great bit of business, especially as there's no transfer fee.

As a bonus it sounds like he's a bit of a strong figure in the dressing room also, which is important given the loss of Greer.

Welcome aboard Sidders. Great to have you

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Great signing after a few games in the aide he looked really strong and with a decent pre season behind him will be a great option for us next season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Excellent signing. He had one bad match (at Cardiff, where everyone was crap) but other than that was kept out by the great form of Stephens and Kayal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here