Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sick pay

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Companies want blood these days, what are you on?

Companies have to pamper their employee's these days. Christ there was a debate on radio last week to whether companies should give compassionate leave for pets dying,ffs. It really is no wonder the country is in the shit.

You get paid to work, not bunking off. Incredible attitude you don't deserve a job.

Spot on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Have you got a number of sick days allowed in place at your firm?

We only pay salaried staff sick pay. For me it's up to 13 weeks full pay. For hourly paid they have to make do with SSP. It depends on the industry i guess, i'm in the pub game, so hourly staff tend to be young graduates looking to kick start there careers, therefore they tend to move on when they find the right job.

What i will say though, even if i am off sick, i still have to produce a doctors certificate (not a self certification) otherwise i won't get paid. I'm pretty sure most firms ask the same. We even have company doctors if any sickness drags on. This guy either knows a dodgy GP, or he's bullshitting to impress imho!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
As mentioned earlier its all about having a better record than your colleagues. I work where the sickness record is shocking so few days off is not even blinked at. Not to mention the numerous days off people get due to their kids being ill / going somewhere etc etc. Seems to be a few days as a given in itself

So many of your colleagues are skivers and so are you. You just skive a little less than they do, but still skive nonetheless.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It may depend where you work, but all the companies I've worked for, if they have an issue with your sick leave, before the can get rid of you, they have to monitor you, give you warnings etc, make you prove it, or possibly send you to one of the companies doctors. It's certainly harder now that it used to be.

That sounds like your lot are getting rid of people for ill-health.

The smart companies/managers (like those above) dismiss people for poor attendance record meaning that the person/department are not able to perform their function.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Quite.

Companies these days want blood for their money. No harm in a few days bonus leave. Key things are

-dont have the worst sick record in the office
-dont stitch colleagues up so take sick day when full cover in
-build it up ie mope about the day before a sick day and remember to mope the day you return
-avoid being seen on said sick day
-If taking more than 1 day, update social networking sites with a status to reflect how ill you are , get a mate to back it up with a comment or 2

No harm in that at all

I really hope your on a fishing trip, as I find you attitude to your employers offensive.
If only you channeled your resourcefulness towards your work rather than getting away from it your chosen career could undoubtibly been furthered.
As said before, your everything that is wrong with the current attitude of Britain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here