Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar (Dick's Bar) allow children to enter?

Should the supporters bar allow entrance to children?

• Yes

Votes: 84 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We've had the discussion, now the poll to test opinion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ready when you are...

Edit: ah its there now.

Give me a chance! I'm in the yes camp by the way. I'm not sure I understand the argument for banning them.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Give me a chance! I'm in the yes camp by the way. I'm not sure I understand the argument for banning them.

Got to agree with you, I don't understand what's so important and precious about having a beer or two before the game without children present.

I know there's an argument for the capacity issue but 'the ban' definitely spoils the vibe of the stadium being open and accessible to everyone.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It does allow entry at all other times which is appropriate imo, but on matchday with limited capacity and it likely to be chock full I don't think its an appropriate place for children.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the basis that those who feel aggrieved about this are making all the fuss whereas most people will be ambivalent, you'd expect a pretty resounding 'yes'. I'm in the 'no' camp - it's a bar, although I think 14+ would be sensible enough.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
voted yes, i thought the idea the stadium was to be more family oriented

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In any other circumstances, would have voted Yes. But due to severly limited capacity, voted No.

Why?

Why are children less deserving of making use of any of that capacity? Are they lesser fans? Is their ( parents') money worth less?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I personally wouldn't want to take my 6 year old into a crowded bar at the game and don't think it would be fair on her. She would drink a glass of water in about 1 hour and therefore not bring in much income to the bar. Having said all that, my opinion is due to the fact she is only 6 but for older children (+14?) may be a different situation. Purely a personal opinion though.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am pretty confident that the bar is going to be shit before matches anyway, and you'll only ever get in if you are queuing for the thing at 12:30 so whether you vote yes or no you probably wont be drinking in there anyway.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Think back to the Sportsman at Withdean. The kids in there with their parents before/after games were always well behaved and certainly no distraction to others. Having looked forward to it for so long, all we want is somewhere to be able to have a drink, watch the results and discuss the game in reasonable warmth and comfort. I appreciate the efforts that the club are making with the concourses - i genuinely do - but these are not the answer and those who have not been to the stadium yet on a match day will know what i mean when you get there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why?

Why are children less deserving of making use of any of that capacity? Are they lesser fans? Is their ( parents') money worth less?

The clue is in the word 'bar'. Its there primarily to serve alcoholic beverages. And its small enough as it is. Having stood quietly seething in the queue at the North Stand kiosk at the SSC behind a dad ordering about thirty quids worth of shit for the three kids in his charge, which took about 20 minutes while the Eastern European server went quietly into meltdown, I don't really ever want to repeat the experience. In fact I refuse to. Don't really give a shit about Dick's Bar, or indeed the useless kiosks. If they won't take my money before or after a match, plenty of places in town that will. Club's loss :shrug:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why?

Because, believe it or not, some people actually quite enjoy being in an adults only environment when they're having a beer or a meal. Are they lesser fans because they don't want kids running around? Is their money worth less?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here