Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should TB sack Potter?

Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There will be a lot more empty seats on Wednesday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

In negotiations with Mrs G as she feels it’s too late for my son being a school night.

The fact we can pick it up on Peacock will probably swing the vote but I’d rather we went

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
CH had Glenn Murray when he could still run a bit. If GP had the Murray of 2017-18 we would be challenging the top six.

I love Glenn Murray. One of the coolest calmest strikers I have ever seen. But Glenn has not been able to run since he was about 4 years old

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
On a positive note we will have effectively 3 new strikers in place for the start of pre season in Undav, Sarmiento, and Sima!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Turn up to a few games and sit through the shite like the rest of us , might change your opinion …………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself, I have turned up for the last three and haven’t seen us score a goal or get a point. I am pissed off but not pushing any panic buttons. Shit happens to all lower PL teams, you are exactly the type of entitled fan I was referring to in the opening post.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Turn up to a few games and sit through the shite like the rest of us , might change your opinion …………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a season ticket holder, you silly twerp.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There will be a lot more empty seats on Wednesday.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I’m sure there will be empty seats . It’s a midweek game and we’ve had empty seats all season . . But your point is what ? If you think that will translate into a more than usual number of people not buying season tickets next season - then it’s (surprisingly for me) not happened.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Statistically, we've gone from an 8k waiting list to having none and only a 90% renewal on top of a previous 90% renewal, leaving us with (if the number posted on another thread by Bold Seagull was accurate) c21k STHs or 2000 fewer than when the capacity first went to 30k.

Anecdotally my mate's 15 year old son is bored with football and we've not renewed his season ticket. Another mate didn't take his 9yo yesterday because he doesn't want him getting too downhearted.

Many kids will have fallen out of love with going to football during lockdown / BCD football and many families will be struggling with budget in these uncertain times. We're not exactly helping them to prioritise the Amex towards the top of things to be kept.

Anecdotally again, did you see how many empty seats there were yesterday for a Category A game on a Saturday? Shitloads. If we want to improve the atmosphere we have to fill those seats but you'll never get the statistical facts from the club because we only publish the pretendence. We have to use our eyes.

Sorry, I just don't see all this doom and gloom. You weren't much cheerier when we were winning, either :shrug:

I hope you're not thinking about buying sports car and joining a gym.....or a band???? :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry, I just don't see all this doom and gloom. You weren't much cheerier when we were winning, either :shrug:

I hope you're not thinking about buying sports car and joining a gym.....or a band???? :wink:

The guy I replied to asked for statistics. I gave him some numbers and some anecdotal stories because, for some strange reason, the club don't seem keen on releasing the actual attendance.

Look round the ground on Wednesday (or rewatch last night's MotD) and you'll see gaps everywhere. Every empty seat is a person not singing or cheering and not buying merch. That'll be a FACTOID.

But I'm not depressed. I'm bored. I'm massively, massively bored of the Premier League and it seems our future in it consists of Potter still being in charge, the team still being in 16th, our opponents still being owned by blood money, goals being interrupted by VAR and a small minority clapping like seals at our pretty passing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. I love all those stats so I’d find it interesting but I guess most fans couldn’t care less. Buts let’s say they did publish both figures. What do you hope might happen if they did ? (Club already know so presumably look at that and try and fix it . No benefit to them of having season ticket holders who don’t go or an emptier ground than necessary)
There's an easy way they could fill a lot of those empty seats if they wanted to!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Some people still haven't figured this division out yet, it's not a division where it is easy to win games in, or to score lots of goals in, unless you are a team that has spent billions on your squad, thanks mainly to Champions League money and 4 times+ more income than most in the division

Barely any clubs have strikers who make it to 20+ goals a season, (in fact only 2 players managed 20 or more last season, Kane and Salah and only three the season before that)

A lot of clubs have long runs of games without a win (and /or run of successive defeats) - for example, Leicester City went from December 28th 2021 until March 1st 2022 without a league win this season / Palace went 7 games no wins (and no goals) at the start of a season not long ago too

Maybe once those who currently fail to understand what this division is about and they finally get it, hopefully we will see the end of the overly negative, overly critical posts about the players / manager / owner, etc
Thank goodness for a sensible post. Almost every club goes on a poor run at some point and almost every club loses games everyone expects them to win. Burnley game was disappointing to say the least but Dyche had a game plan,stuck to it and,deservedly,beat us,fair and square. Villa and Newcastle have bottomless pockets and ,sadly, also BDB now so surely that wasn't such a surprise to lose narrowly up there.Did I expect a win against Liverpool? No!I don't expect a win against Spurs but I do expect to see effort and commitment for 95 minutes against a much wealthier club with better players. I also expect Harry Kane to cheat for a penalty. I dislike the term "entitled" but I'm really not sure where some of our "fans" think we should really be in what is arguably one of the hardest leagues in the world. It sometimes reeks of sodden feathers and corroding pocketed titanium springs to me. IMHO it's not time to get rid of Potter,nowhere near.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The guy I replied to asked for statistics. I gave him some numbers and some anecdotal stories because, for some strange reason, the club don't seem keen on releasing the actual attendance.

Look round the ground on Wednesday (or rewatch last night's MotD) and you'll see gaps everywhere. Every empty seat is a person not singing or cheering and not buying merch. That'll be a FACTOID.

But I'm not depressed. I'm bored. I'm massively, massively bored of the Premier League and it seems our future in it consists of Potter still being in charge, the team still being in 16th, our opponents still being owned by blood money, goals being interrupted by VAR and a small minority clapping like seals at our pretty passing.

Mate, I can tell you're not happy. ???

As long as it's just the football then fair enough. It can happen to all of us. I drifted away for the best part of 15 years for one reason or another :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's an easy way they could fill a lot of those empty seats if they wanted to!

Yes. There’s a number of things they could do , probably some they don’t want to do. But I’m not exactly sure how publishing the actual bums on seats figure - which some are very annoyed they don’t - in the programme or somewhere will result in er, what exactly.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let's wait and see how things start next season. Hopefully we will have three or four new years in key positions which will be the final part of the jigsaw.
We are poor in the final third and need an additional centre half.
We are work in progress we just need time and patience.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
At The Amex, he/she is certainly getting an extended course of lessons in realism and disappointment.

PB should charge us extra.

I have to deal with the insights on the coach, why haven’t we won at home since Leicester, why isn’t there an escalator for the west upper etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here