Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should TB sack Potter?

Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Makes you wonder how much Ashworth actually did. They did seem very devastated when he left, and now Newcastle have picked up our pre Ashworth form. No surely it’s just a coincidence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you think Klopp has Brighton’s best interests at heart?

Of course not. Why ever would you think I think he would?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Makes you wonder how much Ashworth actually did. They did seem very devastated when he left, and now Newcastle have picked up our pre Ashworth form. No surely it’s just a coincidence.

It has to be as Newcastle haven't been able to employ him yet, unless I missed that bit of news?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Which is why Webster and Burn were quite interesting. They were prepared to bring the ball out of defence. We’ve gone back to just passing it around the back 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Dunk used to a bit…. Wonder if without the security of Burn and Webster he has been told to not do it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course he does..............guaranteed three points here every season !!

You saw how they did against us at Anfield, right? Those two points they dropped may well cost them the league. And yet you think he is part of a conspiracy to keep Potter in his job, and heaping false praise on him because of this? ???

Some unbelievably ludicrous comments on this thread.

I find the extent to which people are dishonest in order that they can stick to a simple pleasing narrative (that Potter is shit, in this case) to be breathtaking.

But, still, there remain millions who are convinced they are richer and safer now we've left the EU, that Johnson is doing a brilliant job, and it would be better for everyone if Donald Trump became president again. :shrug:

No doubt you say you said here. As if dropping 2 points to us at Anfield is an irrelevance from another universe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also Dunk used to a bit…. Wonder if without the security of Burn and Webster he has been told to not do it

I have a feeling that players were told to keep it very safe yesterday, and go full on with a break only when something really decent looked like it was on. Special measures for Liverpool. Understandably so.

The difference vs Hughton's perpetual tactic of the U formation is that Hughton did it even against shit sides.

Back to the topic, I said a week or so ago that Potter will of course get the sack if we cross the rubicon. But only Bloom and Barber know where the rubicon lies.

Yes, I realise the thread is about what we punters think. In which case I'm happy to declare I think that sacking Potter now would be madness.

My caveat is that if we get to 8, 9, 10 straight defeats (Bloom and Barber's shout not mine), and it is additionally all looking a bit Jeff Wood, with performance stats nosediving, no shots on goal etc., and behind the scenes Potter is sucking his teeth with no obvious explanation and no obvious plan, he'll be gone.

Do I think the latter to be likely? It is possible, isn't it? Would it be better therefore to sack him now? Maybe. But I'd give it only a 15% chance (sacking in the next 7 days) of happening, and it would mean an awful lot of tooth sucking behind the scenes for Bloom and Barber to note and ponder.

And the difference between what I want and what I think? Well....d'you know what? The teeth sucking and the EL wisty thing are good reason for an outsider like me (and you) to think that this is not the sort of man I would want to lead me into battle. A dessicated geography teacher. How could that man ever inspire and lead? So a little bit of me has never accepted Potter. That's my prejudice. But I suspect I would be a fool to allow my prejudice to dictate where and when I start chanting 'we want Potter out'.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I was told by a board member at the pre covid Palace home game that under no circumstances would Tony Bloom consider sacking GP, even if relegation occurred, I don’t think that has changed.

Let’s see what happens as our shite home form continues and fans stop turning up citing boring predictable footy with same old end product . His home form borders on embarrassing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So why should we listen to his opinion?

Do you switch the radio and TV off when anyone other than Potter gives a view about the Albion?

All I'm saying is that given the choice between making fair comment about how difficult Brighton can be to play, and contributing to a conspiracy to keep a weak opponent in his job, after listening to what Klopp said my money is on the former.

And of course you are most welcome to ignore his opinions, and ignore my comments about them. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let’s see what happens as our shite home form continues and fans stop turning up citing boring predictable footy with same old end product . His home form borders on embarrassing

Let's imagine we continue to lose at home. When do you think Bloom would sack Potter, and who do you imagine he has lined up?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He was head of recruitment. Therefore, yes, he was instrumental in recruiting Burn for us, and obviously instrumental in recruiting Burn for Newcastle (despite being on 'gardening leave') and this one fact is responsible for our decline and Newcastle's renaissance.

Dreadful, dreadful mistake on our part.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That question has crossed my mind too. Sanchez also seems very unsure how to distribute the ball too, does he throw or roll it out to one of his defenders? or take the easy route and simply kick it long.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you think a tiny poll on NSC represents the majority of opinion then I’m sorry to tell you that you might be in for a shock .

I wish you'd stop doing that 'Bushy' thing with your full stops. It's most off-putting.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Let's imagine we continue to lose at home. When do you think Bloom would sack Potter, and who do you imagine he has lined up?

I think it wouldn’t matter if we lost every home game ,if we picked up 40 points away and survived.

I think quite a few are taking the top 10 objective too literally and had their heads turn this season when there was an outside chance.

Long term progression and patience is needed

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m guessing most fans don’t have the structure in place to study manager performances across the world. It’s similar to well what striker would you get then? Both silly questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here