Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should TB sack Potter?

Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Thanks for the condescending and self evident post.

I'm fairly sure we knew all that. The question, then, is why does Tony Bloom not understand it? Or, when he talks about regular top ten finishes, is he actually talking about the year 2030? Or is it just PR spin to get more season ticket sales and calm the natives.

Actually, let's just put that aside. I find the Premier League astonishingly boring precisely for the reasons you highlight. So paying a King's ransom to watch us finish 16th ish on 40 points ish for every remaining existential season is an actual purgatory. If that's the future we'll lose fans the way Katie Price loses her knickers. And if the alternative is seeing my club also being taken over by state sponsored blood money, well, that's worse.

Perhaps the European Super League wasn't such a bad idea after all. At least the rest of us could then have a reasonable competition between ourselves, just so long as someone on high sanctioned the Saudis as well, instead of selling them the planes that bomb Yemeni hospitals.

Modern football GB.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Expecting Brighton to be a team above the bottom five. You are one of them

Do you do things for free?
Really? come on mate I know you like Potter and all, but from weeks of saying Potters great look we are ninth to well you shouldn’t expect us to be above the bottom four or five after a dismal run is poor form even from you.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
The more important question is how many games in a row would we need to lose for his job to be in jeopardy?

By the way we have done this every season under Potter. Started well. Absolutely bombed in the middle to the point some are sick of his football. But finished strong.

I think this will go the same way.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Not many more

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When he was appointed he was introduced as being able to "build on the solid foundations laid by Chris Hughton." So far it's somewhere between a couple of bricks and a small bungalow, rather than a luxury tower block. We had stories of being a regular top ten side and qualifying for Europe from the brass, though never, ever with a timescale on it. Given that we're now worse at home that we were under Hughton you do have to ask yourself, at least in passing, if what they meant was they'd get in GP to give a few U23s a game or two and get the "loan out to sell" scheme flying and then get another coach to actually deliver the good stuff.
I can see a fair bit built in terms of playing style and potential. It is frustrating that we have taken a big backward step in the last few games but things were progressing nicely at the start of the season. I suspect that we will still finish the season in a position that is an improvement on previous seasons. Both in terms of points and position. If we don't then perhaps a discussion on a different direction will be had.

It is obvious to all of us that we need to solve the goal scoring problem. We also need to solve this in a sensible and financially prudent way. Not quick or easy to do. My hopes for next season are that Undav is a step up on Maupay and Welbeck and that we improve the attacking coaching set up.

To me we are still progressing and the next step is clearly mapped out. We are still a work in progress and making progress (not as much as we would like I do agree). For me, too soon to hit the reset button and try something else.

I do concede though that I am not in the best position to make this decision but I trust those that are to make the right one.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see a fair bit built in terms of playing style and potential. It is frustrating that we have taken a big backward step in the last few games but things were progressing nicely at the start of the season. I suspect that we will still finish the season in a position that is an improvement on previous seasons. Both in terms of points and position. If we don't then perhaps a discussion on a different direction will be had.

It is obvious to all of us that we need to solve the goal scoring problem. We also need to solve this in a sensible and financially prudent way. Not quick or easy to do. My hopes for next season are that Undav is a step up on Maupay and Welbeck and that we improve the attacking coaching set up.

To me we are still progressing and the next step is clearly mapped out. We are still a work in progress and making progress (not as much as we would like I do agree). For me, too soon to hit the reset button and try something else.

I do concede though that I am not in the best position to make this decision but I trust those that are to make the right one.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Are you sure about that?

The team got some luck, used a couple of 'get out of jail' free cards played both superb and appalling football not even in equal measures.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No, no, no

We do need to think about our squad size though. Its not coping well with loss of form, sales and injuries. Too big last year, too small this. Potter is good - might even be great in time - but I understand the frustration. More or less the same team as the away game but certainly did not look like it. Totally off the boil at the minute and I can't see us getting anything from Spurs. They were unlucky tonight and will want to put that right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really? come on mate I know you like Potter and all, but from weeks of saying Potters great look we are ninth to well you shouldn’t expect us to be above the bottom four or five after a dismal run is poor form even from you.

I expected another relegation struggle pre season. I got excited when we were flying, do I really need to apologise for that?

Now we have run out of confidence and luck and are likely to drop a few more places over the next two games, so we’ll be back to where I expected us to be pre season

Carry on knocking enthusiasm from fans who aspire to great but accept that mediocre is the likely end result though. There are more than a few of similar ilk to you on here, so stick together in enjoying bad times if that’s what floats your boat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're confusing entitlement with ambition.

Even if it's long term / no definite timeframe, the club's own PR is more ambitious than that, and rightly so.

No I’m not, you EXPECT improvement and spend most of the time moaning when it isn’t happening, that’s entitled to me. You call it what you like but you’ll be disappointed more often than not. We are Brighton not some cash rich splash the cash club. Improvements are going to be very slow, which is exactly what they’ve been with more steps backwards than forwards.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are you sure about that?

The team got some luck, used a couple of 'get out of jail' free cards played both superb and appalling football not even in equal measures.

Given that the previous couple of seasons we were crying out for some luck, having missed out on it in spades, then yes i stand by my comment.

Having said that I didn't think we were going to challenge for Europe or even finish in the top ten (hoped yes, but never really expected it - the downturn was always coming).

Progression is always going to be slow and hard-fought (especially with our chosen strategy). My expectations aren't huge and I believe we continue to meet them by progressing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I expected another relegation struggle pre season. I got excited when we were flying, do I really need to apologise for that?

Now we have run out of confidence and luck and are likely to drop a few more places over the next two games, so we’ll be back to where I expected us to be pre season

Carry on knocking enthusiasm from fans who aspire to great but accept that mediocre is the likely end result though. There are more than a few of similar ilk to you on here, so stick together in enjoying bad times if that’s what floats your boat
What I don’t do is use current situations to suit my own narrative. You only pull these poll threads out after a dismal run of games knowing full well people will agree or disagree start personal arguments etc you are basically a troll.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I understand your point but just wanted to pick you up on one point which I accept is a bit petty and all but I've got nothing better to do on a Saturday night as the wife is out on the piss.

We've lost 5 in a row. We were unlucky against Man U. In the other 4 games where have we been unlucky? We've just been shit. We've been outstanding at times this year. Recently, nowhere near that level.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I would love to know what they do in training , always get some lovely pictures on facebook , watching motd they highlighted the problems that we should be working on , he seems to have coached all the good football out of our players

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given that the previous couple of seasons we were crying out for some luck, having missed out on it in spades, then yes i stand by my comment.

Having said that I didn't think we were going to challenge for Europe or even finish in the top ten (hoped yes, but never really expected it - the downturn was always coming).

Progression is always going to be slow and hard-fought (especially with our chosen strategy). My expectations aren't huge and I believe we continue to meet them by progressing.

Yeah I deffo remember writing at the time, 'this has been long overdue', sadly the good fortune only seems to last for a fraction of the bad luck.

The histrionics that surrounded beating Watford was very unbrigton.
Sure the Chelsea performances did give hope but that all looks a little silly now, as it really was the exception.

It's hard to think a team of £8m wunderkinds will bring any sort of resolution.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Guinness Boy;10204051 Perhaps the European Super League wasn't such a bad idea after all. At least the rest of us could then have a reasonable competition between ourselves said:
If its any comfort I think this is more likely than not to happen now.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We’ve been very average when picking up points so this is just evening itself out. Played well about 5 times all season.

We are the third worse attacking team in the league and are nailed for relegation next season. If we lose v norwich we can still even go this season. We have the hardest run in of everyone. About 4 home wins in 3 years.

Bissouma (only as won’t sign deal), lallana, Duffy, connolly, andone, zekiri, molumby all need to go. Maybe gross too but he can create.

Hecke and sarimento should step up next summer at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here