Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should TB sack Potter?

Should TB sack GP

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Explain this entitled you keep going on about, you would have a point if it was free to watch the Albion it’s not. Value for money probably not excitement definitely not.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What are the expectations that are not being met? I mean how well do those calling for his head expect us to be doing? Premier league positions do not stray far from the wage budget league, so Potter is being criticised for not punching further above our weight?

Disappointing run of form at the moment but losing to Liverpool is hardly unexpected. Maybe see what happens for the rest of the season.

I may have to watch from afar, I fear a ban :lolol:

The whinging is embarrassing imo, I know our place :down:

One of the people I go to games with wants him gone too

Lol - have you informed said person how embarrassing he is yet?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Don’t think I’ve every been so bored At footy as I was today . Could play for a week and never score . Tippy tappy Bollox with no end product. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Is it all potters fault no , bloom has to carry the can , window after window weaken the squad . Don’t back the manager finally catching up with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But I admit to be intrigued to see the work of a new coach who plays counter attacking football. We haven’t seen an effective Albion form of that for ages. [Likely to be after Potter walks to manage Leicester or Everton].

This. We're so so bloody slow in transition. Potter has transformed our play, dramatically. We can and do play some lovely one touch and intricate footie.

But, and this is a big but, we need to step it up to the next level and turn 'pretty' into 'effective'.

Imo like of course.

Not sure if Potter is the man to do it. Hopefully he will learn and step it up, either himself or get in an attacking coach who can do it. Either way, Tony will give him so much time and either pull the plug or GPott will step up and get it right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. We're so so bloody slow in transition. Potter has transformed our play, dramatically. We can and do play some lovely one touch and intricate footie.

But, and this is a big but, we need to step it up to the next level and turn 'pretty' into 'effective'.

Imo like of course.

Not sure if Potter is the man to do it. Hopefully he will learn and step it up, either himself or get in an attacking coach who can do it. Either way, Tony will give him so much time and either pull the plug or GPott will step up and get it right.

Potter is lauded for his tactical flexibility.

Assuming he’s still with us in August, I’d love it if he tried something substantively different eg a counter attacking form of football. With the club giving him the attacking players to do it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t think I’ve every been so bored At footy as I was today . Could play for a week and never score . Tippy tappy Bollox with no end product. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Is it all potters fault no , bloom has to carry the can , window after window weaken the squad . Don’t back the manager finally catching up with us

You didn’t to the Villa and Everton home games? :(

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No way, even if we go down (which we won’t). It’s a minor miracle we haven’t been relegated so far considering our budget comparative to most teams in the league.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What are the expectations that are not being met?

I mean how well do those calling for his head expect us to be doing? Premier league positions do not stray far from the wage budget league, so Potter is being criticised for not punching further above our weight?

When he was appointed he was introduced as being able to "build on the solid foundations laid by Chris Hughton." So far it's somewhere between a couple of bricks and a small bungalow, rather than a luxury tower block. We had stories of being a regular top ten side and qualifying for Europe from the brass, though never, ever with a timescale on it. Given that we're now worse at home that we were under Hughton you do have to ask yourself, at least in passing, if what they meant was they'd get in GP to give a few U23s a game or two and get the "loan out to sell" scheme flying and then get another coach to actually deliver the good stuff.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Clearly you weren't at any of the four Brighton Stoke 0-0s in Division One in the old first division, where both teams could have played for a month or two without scoring or even looking likely to score.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In terms of sacking Potter NO, stupid idea.

Just look at the likes of Charlton when their fans foolishly demanded a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here