Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Rooney be an automatic choice, if England get a result tonight against Sweden?

Should Rooney start against Sweden?

• Yes, there is absolutely no doubt we'll win the Euro's when he's in the team

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • No bloody way!

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Bring him on as a sub in the final game, and see how he does

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Don't give a toss!

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The poll might have included as an option

'depends upon how the RH sees him in training' and other such considerations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buffon and Casillas are the only goalies off the top of my head that I can say are DEFINITELY better than him. He was out of this world for City this season. He's going to be one of the best in the world, if he isn't already.

I would say that Hart is better NOW than Casillas and is as good as Buffon and I would say that behind them and also above Casillas is Nuer of Germany so that makes him IMHO joint best in Europe and possibly the world.

Please make your mind up you say that Buffon and Casillas ARE DEFINITELY better than him then say he will be the best in the world IF HE IS NOT NOW.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
Logic dictates that he really should play when available. Not too sure about these reports saying Carroll to start tonight though; I thought Welbeck was terrific against France.

Sky sports news were reporting it as Carroll and Wellbeck up front, with Alex O-C being dropped

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he agrees to sing the National Anthem he can be a sub :wink:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Personally no he needs to earn the place not get it automatically however Roy has just said Ashley Young moved to the wing to account for Rooneys return so looks like he's straight back

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
unquestionably our best creative threat and the one who the opposition are fearful of - you have to pick him if he's fit

Stumpy Tim

don't think Rooney should automatically be awarded his place in the team ,but he most likely will be..........

hart

johnson lescott terry cole

young parker lampard

gerrard

wellbeck carroll

is the best i can think of with the available squad

there were a few glaring ommisions imho..........micah richards and adam johnson spring to mind ..........very defensive squad , gerrard looks like he can't be arsed anymore.:flounce:

So you want to play Young in a defensive midfield role and Lampard who isn't in the squad. Interesting

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
No he shouldn't, but he should take that dead cat of his head.

Looks a right twat
images

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
On paper he's one of our best,

but the only worry is he's a sending off waiting to happen e.g. if he got isolated, whereas Welbeck & Carroll never gave up in fighting the cause.

Milner - I hope someone replaces him in the team. Don't care how its done. Works hard but very average at this level.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind Rooney, it's Walcott that needs to start. He's on fire. Ukraine need to chase the game and Walcott has pace on the break. We need to win the group to avoid Spain, which means goals.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Never mind Rooney, it's Walcott that needs to start. He's on fire. Ukraine need to chase the game and Walcott has pace on the break. We need to win the group to avoid Spain, which means goals.

Walcott and Rooney will both start I hope. Will be tough on Welbeck or Carroll, but I suspect the big Geordie will be on the bench. Welbeck is untouchable on this form. I am his biggest critic, but his performances under Hodgson have been spot on. His goal against Belgium was brilliantly taken but the one tonight was just outrageous.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A no from me.

1. Wellbeck and Carroll both scored tonight
2. We've scored 4 in 2 without him
3. Ukraine MUST win, so they would without doubt target him with dirty tactics and get him sent off due to his dodgy temper
4. Have him ready on the bench though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Alex Ox played well in the first game, but Hodgson made the correct choice to start with Carroll. The correct choice for the next match would be to start with Rooney.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
The ball will stay around the oppo box more if Rooney and Wellbeck start, which can't be a bad thing I would have thought ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say that Hart is better NOW than Casillas and is as good as Buffon and I would say that behind them and also above Casillas is Nuer of Germany so that makes him IMHO joint best in Europe and possibly the world.

Please make your mind up you say that Buffon and Casillas ARE DEFINITELY better than him then say he will be the best in the world IF HE IS NOT NOW.

Nope you read it wrong. Nowhere did I say he will be THE best in the world, just one of the.

Dec 29, 2011
Hard decision. Both Welbeck and Carroll played well, however Rooney and Welbeck link up well together due to playing at United together. It will be interested to see what RH does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here