Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Rooney be an automatic choice, if England get a result tonight against Sweden?

Should Rooney start against Sweden?

• Yes, there is absolutely no doubt we'll win the Euro's when he's in the team

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • No bloody way!

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Bring him on as a sub in the final game, and see how he does

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Don't give a toss!

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like him, but am not convinced that he world class myself.

Buffon and Casillas are the only goalies off the top of my head that I can say are DEFINITELY better than him. He was out of this world for City this season. He's going to be one of the best in the world, if he isn't already.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If by some miracle Wellbeck and Carroll mash the Swedes then, no, Rooney shouldn't start.

Of course the fact I hate the potato-faced **** with a passion means mine is not the most balanced of views.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like him, but am not convinced that he world class myself.

You are wrong

Buffon and Casillas are the only goalies off the top of my head that I can say are DEFINITELY better than him. He was out of this world for City this season. He's going to be one of the best in the world, if he isn't already.

You are right

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

I thought he looked nervous against the French in that first half. But I agree, he's the best 'keeper England have had for a long time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought he looked nervous against the French in that first half. But I agree, he's the best 'keeper England have had for a long time.

I thought he was pretty good actually, a few have said he looked nervy but I didn't see it. He made good stops to a couple of rasping shots from Nasri/Benzema, and a cracking point blank save from Diarra.

He inspires confidence in a way NO England keeper has since Seaman in his prime. He's a WINNER with a capital W.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. But I agree, he's the best 'keeper England have had for a long time.

And he's only 25. Barring injury he could be England's first choice keeper for the next ten years. Brilliant all round goal-keeper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we had had any of the following in goal against France:

James
Carson
Green
Robinson
Seaman (last few years)

We would've lost 2-1 I reckon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And he's only 25. Barring injury he could be England's first choice keeper for the next ten years. Brilliant all round goal-keeper.

And that's why he should be captain, to stop all the silly debate for 10 years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You really shouldn't come out with know-it-all bollocks like that, just a few hours before a big game. He'll now throw it into his own net FFS.

Would say good point, but this is Hart. He's nothing like the list of clowns we've had in goal the last few years. He has the mentality of a German.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
don't think Rooney should automatically be awarded his place in the team ,but he most likely will be..........

hart

johnson lescott terry cole

young parker lampard

gerrard

wellbeck carroll

is the best i can think of with the available squad

there were a few glaring ommisions imho..........micah richards and adam johnson spring to mind ..........very defensive squad , gerrard looks like he can't be arsed anymore.:flounce:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes he's an automatic start alongside Young, that's only because he's more of a threat and works harder than Welbeck, not because "we will win da euros when he's in da team" :dunce:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I'd like to see Carrol/Welbeck and Rooney, Defoe is ineffective and Young is just an annoying prick. Most likely pairing up front for me is Welbeck and Rooney.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Without a doubt he'll be chomping at the bit come the Ukraine game.

Wellbeck, Rooney, Young, the OxMan, with Gerrard and Milner in the centre, lets just go for it.

Last edited:

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Yes, although we still wont win it. Just hope he doesn't get too excited and start kicking people...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here