Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

• Yes, Lambrini girls just want to have fun

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • No, rape is rape

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters

In absolutely no way does doing this 'contribute to their own downfall', IMO. Does it increase the risk? Yes, but due to the behaviour of some men, not women. It's an extremely sad indictment of the behaviour of some men. It's them that need to be sorted out, not the behaviour of the women.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Should people who attempt dress up their worrying opinions in a layer of irony or attempted edgy humour, be considered less of a SNIDE MYSOGYNISTIC CNT, is my question.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Rape victims rightly receive anonymity in court unless they choose to waive it. The accused, even though they are innocent until proven guilty, do not. Is this fair, given the social stigma attached to being accused of rape, especially if they are acquitted?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Rape is rape if it involves drink or not, but women have a responsibility to themselves to try and avoid as much as possible situations where it might happen.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Rape is rape if it involves drink or not, but women have a responsibility to themselves to try and avoid as much as possible situations where it might happen.

what are these possible situations mate, not being difficult or anything? We could help someone here if its that simple......

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

I agree. Women should just stay in. All the time.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Perhaps not walking through parks or similar areas when its dark? Theres something called self preservation which most people have. Its sensible to try and keep to well lit areas when walking home from pubs etc.

Also not walking alone as well-better to stick together if possible as a lone woman is an easier target for men with the intention of raping a woman.

On a few occasions i've been out and about and seen girls have a row with their blokes. Blokes storm off pissed and we always walk the girl home to make sure she's ok.

Would devestate me if i knew anything happened to someone in that situation that i'd only spoken to a short while before.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ridiculous the amount of people who voted YES to this poll.

I bet ANYTHING that if the votes weren't anonymous, the votes for YES would be at least HALVED.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did you know that 50% of all people involved in rape enjoy it.

If you repeatedly run across a motorway you increase the risk of being run over.
Similarly if you wear short skirts, low tops and then get friendly by being drunk its increases the risk of rape - so there is a self inflicted aspect here.

But running across the Mway is illegal and the (eventual) victim will have contributed to his demise, wheras going out half-dressed is not illegal (but should be for some women).

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I don't subscribe to the 'she was asking for it' thing but, how foolhardy is anyone, male or female, who goes out and is unable to hold their drink to the extent that their decision making is non-existent. Sympathy, but only to an extent.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
what are these possible situations mate, not being difficult or anything? We could help someone here if its that simple......

It is far from simple but doing things like always watching your drink and not walking home alone at night might help.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I get fed up with the bland statement, rape is rape is rape. There should be different categories depending on the circumstances. A woman walking home, sober or drunk, attacked by a stranger and violently raped is a totally different crime to a woman who goes out and has one sherbert too many, chats up a bloke in the club, snogs on the dance floor and in the cab back to his place and just on the point of eruption decides no. Technically still rape but should both perpetrators get the same sentence and equally, should both victims get the same compensation. There should be, for want of a better phrase, a sliding scale of punishment and compensation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here