Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

• Yes, Lambrini girls just want to have fun

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • No, rape is rape

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
what's ridiculous is your post. the question here is one of consent, not whether or not the person is drunk. i don't think anyone, male or female, has ever been drunk enough to consent to being murdered.

of course, rape is rape so alcohol consumption should not affect the level of compensation or length of sentence for the perpetrator. however, the poll question is too black and white to be taken seriously. where rape becomes a little 'grey' is when a girl is so drunk she doesn't even know if she said 'no' but then wakes up and decides that she wouldn't have so cries rape.

not wanting to sound like a sexist pig, but there are a lot of reasons a girl may falsely accuse someone of rape...desire for compensation or revenge and, in some cases, regret. however heinous a crime rape is, those accused of it should be given the benefit of innocence until guilt is proven.

sorry...think i went off on one there and got slightly off-topic. oh well, f*** it. i've typed it all now so i might as well post it...

But by the time compensation is in question it must surely have been proved he/she was raped and therefore already proved that consent was not given. Which makes my argument valid. I think!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If you repeatedly run across a motorway you increase the risk of being run over.

Similarly if you wear short skirts, low tops and then get friendly by being drunk its increases the risk of rape - so there is a self inflicted aspect here.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Similarly if you wear short skirts, low tops and then get friendly by being drunk its increases the risk of rape - so there is a self inflicted aspect here.

I always behave and dress like that yet I haven't been raped.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think a man should get a longer sentence if convicted of raping an ugly woman.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you repeatedly run across a motorway you increase the risk of being run over.

So what you're saying is, a girl's outfit is in some way responsible for her being raped, that if a bit of flesh is on show, a man can't be expected to control himself?

I suggest that comment is a far sadder indictment of men than women.

With views like that, have you ever thought of being a District Judge?

:tosser:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As long as it's the same for men. I get fed up of women forcing themselves on me, when I've had a few.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Each case should be treated on an individual basis. Drinking alcohol impairs judgement so that has to be a contributory factor. There are two sides to the argument , has the woman regretted what happened consensually and reported it as a rape or has she said no , with the bloke thinking he can get away with it. The question has to be asked , whether the rape would of happened if she was completely sober when working out compensation, as she should receive MORE than the norm under these circumstances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How fat was she?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
From what I read at the time, it seemed to be an "administrative" error, or a misintepretation of the rules that lead to the victim getting less money.

Basically, if you are a victim of an "accident" who get less money if you were drunk at the time time.

This was applied to a victim of rape because the people making the decision misinterpreted the guidelines.

So not a non story, because it happened, but definately a "non debate" as far as the rules go.

1066gull

No.

Yes women should look after themselves, but men should act appropriately and think of other people.

If the women has in fact encouraged it, then of course they should receive less.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No.

Yes women should look after themselves, but men should act appropriately and think of other people.

If the women has in fact encouraged it, then of course they should receive less.

How do you encourage rape ?

I know some woman encourage handbag snatching by blazenly going out with their bags draped over their shoulders but............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here