Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

Should rape victims receive less compensation if they've been drinking?

• Yes, Lambrini girls just want to have fun

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • No, rape is rape

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They should get exactly the same. Drunk or not.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
To be honest they were probably up for it at the time, all birds are after a few vodka spritzers, so if they do somehow manage to snare some poor fella then I don't reckon they should entitled to as much cash.

Thoughts? ??? :drink:

Can only speak for myself, but I'm certainly not.

You can't just assume because a girl is drunk they are in some way consenting. Drink or no drink some girls may be as you put 'up for it at the time' but the majority are victims.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The sooner men accept that "NO" means "oh, go on then", the sooner we can all cancel the Rohypnol subscriptions.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Should a murder victims family receive less compensation because the victim was drunk? No. So why should you get less if you are raped after drinking. Ridiculous.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
to be honest, the woman should have to pay the man for taking all the fun out of it!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely the point is whether it's rape or not, not whether theyre drunk or not. I think the issue here is that some girls may have gotten drunk and made a bad decision, and THEN cried rape afterwards. I don't think that happens often but I think maybe that's what the OP is trying to get at?

Rape is rape. But if a girl consents due to being intoxicated then surely that's not rape?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not sure what percentage it affects although I guess quite a few.

Once it is accepted that she has been raped..pissed or not...it is accepted she has been raped, if you say, well you were drunk so you were only a little bit raped???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. That's the question here; when does it cross the line from drunken fun to rape?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They should get more I reckon cause anY rapist who's any good will obviously go to town on a drunk bint and probably take advantage of the situation to get his brown wings. On the other hand a sober girl is more likely to remember so maybe they ought to get more. Cor, it's a right old conundrum innit?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it's rape it's rape, if it's not it's not. You can't judge on HOW drunk they were because that can be very subjective.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Safeway hasn't posted about RAPE on here for YEARS. Well, months.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Should a murder victims family receive less compensation because the victim was drunk? No. So why should you get less if you are raped after drinking. Ridiculous.

what's ridiculous is your post. the question here is one of consent, not whether or not the person is drunk. i don't think anyone, male or female, has ever been drunk enough to consent to being murdered.

of course, rape is rape so alcohol consumption should not affect the level of compensation or length of sentence for the perpetrator. however, the poll question is too black and white to be taken seriously. where rape becomes a little 'grey' is when a girl is so drunk she doesn't even know if she said 'no' but then wakes up and decides that she wouldn't have so cries rape.

not wanting to sound like a sexist pig, but there are a lot of reasons a girl may falsely accuse someone of rape...desire for compensation or revenge and, in some cases, regret. however heinous a crime rape is, those accused of it should be given the benefit of innocence until guilt is proven.

sorry...think i went off on one there and got slightly off-topic. oh well, f*** it. i've typed it all now so i might as well post it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here