Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Potter go?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hopefully Tony Bloom is on the phone to Potter this afternoon asking what on earth that was supposed to be? Can't imagine Bloom is happy with this and how it's going.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing load of old drivel on this thread.

We (2.90) had a higher expected goals than Liverpool (2.87) in their 7-0 thrashing of Palace

We are only behind Liverpool, Man City, Leeds, Villa, Chelsea, and Man Utd in the expected goals per game so far this season.

#potterin

Do we get some extra points for that at the end of the season ?

Points, GF, GA are all that matters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hopefully Tony Bloom is on the phone to Potter this afternoon asking what on earth that was supposed to be? Can't imagine Bloom is happy with this and how it's going.

I don't think Tony behaves like that tbh.

I would expect there to be some questions asked at their next meeting though.
I would hope that Potter is more convincing in these discussions than he is post-match.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't think Tony behaves like that tbh.

I would expect there to be some questions asked at their next meeting though.
I would hope that Potter is more convincing in these discussions than he is post-match.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings. Would be really interesting to know what Potter and Bloom actually think of it all.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No, no, no and a bit more no. Pep couldn’t get anything out of our forwards and they are the issue

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Ofcourse he should go. I am AMAZED that there are people on here backing him.

There is so much going wrong, and I can't see him fixing anything. We get to the opposition penalty area and panic, and more often then not pass it backwards. Killing all our momentum. He's ruined the solid defence we had. He is tactically inept, he doesnt react quick enough, he isn't proactive in spotting weaknesses in the opposition. He's so uninspiring that we often collapse in second halves. The confidence of the team is shot and looks like he's lost the dressing room.

Final throw of the dice today, bringing Zeqiri on. Everything about that performance was disgusting. The players need a lift.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Yes Im afraid, Ive always wanted to give him a chance but today is the final straw from me.

He's had long enough to decide our best starting 11 and implement his signings and style of play.

We still dont know what our best starting 11 is and that has effected partnerships and team chemistry.

I also dont even know what system we play, all I know is we like to keep possession.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
In spite of everything I'm still just about Potter in, unless Eddie Howe could feasibly be lined up to replace him.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Is that the bloke who guided Bournemouth to relegation last season?

True but he did make a midget club like B'muff PL contenders for 5 years, with 9th, 12th and 14th place finishes and fairly attractive football. We're a bigger club with a brighter future (so we're told), so I wouldn't mind Eddie working some of that here if Potter were to go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here