Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Potter go?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He will take us down , for sure .
I wonder if the club would Ultimately tolerate that though, for the sake of the bigger plan, in which potter seems to be a major player .

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I have been a Potter supporter but unfortunately now feel we may need a change - we have lots of technically gifted players but no sparkle, creativity or oomph so something has to change

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have been a Potter supporter but unfortunately now feel we may need a change - we have lots of technically gifted players but no sparkle, creativity or oomph so something has to change

A serious post needs a serious response - 2 things - first, he's made us hard to beat which matters. Second, he's still learning and as I'll give a young player time, I'll give an inexperienced manager time. He's not obviously out of his depth.

I want more than just staying up a la Big Sam or Roy, I want a longer term plan with hope to develop and get better. Tony wants the same, if Potter is changed its because TB and Ashworth think he's not going to deliver longer term. But for now I'm with Potter.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Football is a results business and the name of the game is scoring goals. Whilst generally I admire the way Potter is making us play, it’s not delivering. He needs to change something otherwise I can’t see him staying for much longer. Also the worrying thing for me is that the team and especially the forwards have totally lost confidence and when that happens it’s usually only a matter of time before a manager is changed.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
A team struggling to score goals struggles to beat another struggling team in a game at the bottom of the table where losing is the worst outcome for both. I am not surpsied at todays game - genuinely.. we all knew it was going to be horrible, even those who want GP "out" apparently, knew what kind of game it was going to be. Once it went to 11 v 10 it was only going to get worse unless we scored 1st. If GP is asked to put a side out, that creates some chances, not just half-chances to give us the chance to win a match, he has done that. I don't put this on him - players playing for their places, their futures need to take chances such as they missed today and have done all season.. I didn't see anything that was tactically naive or not understandable. He made changes, tried different combinations, one of which scored and one of which should have won it at the end. At some point the players need to realise their time is running out and do something themselves about it..

Nicky Rust Fan Club

Sep 26, 2020
Perth, Australia
A team struggling to score goals struggles to beat another struggling team in a game at the bottom of the table where losing is the worst outcome for both. I am not surpsied at todays game - genuinely.. we all knew it was going to be horrible, even those who want GP "out" apparently, knew what kind of game it was going to be. Once it went to 11 v 10 it was only going to get worse unless we scored 1st. If GP is asked to put a side out, that creates some chances, not just half-chances to give us the chance to win a match, he has done that. I don't put this on him - players playing for their places, their futures need to take chances such as they missed today and have done all season.. I didn't see anything that was tactically naive or not understandable. He made changes, tried different combinations, one of which scored and one of which should have won it at the end. At some point the players need to realise their time is running out and do something themselves about it..

Would Alzate not have been a better sub for Veltman? When Sheff utd go to 10 men, surely the wily old Pascal was a no-brainer to find spaces in and around their two lines?

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I didint think so to be honest (Ali J/Veltman) .. I could understand the notion that Ali J would provide more width and crosses from wider areas. he didn't make the impact, apart from the one cross that Connolly made, but seemed reasonable decision at the time to me. Pascal was one I did wonder, but again, I dont think there was going to be space between the lines, once they went to 10 men, and so width seen a s a greater opportunity? Not pretending the changes worked, Ali J in particular, but can see why those were the choices made.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good post :thumbsup:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Amazing load of old drivel on this thread.

We (2.90) had a higher expected goals than Liverpool (2.87) in their 7-0 thrashing of Palace

We are only behind Liverpool, Man City, Leeds, Villa, Chelsea, and Man Utd in the expected goals per game so far this season.

#potterin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here