Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Potter go?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Drawing against Sheff Utd (and against Fulham and Wednesday) were not good.

You have to expect that Allardyce will get a bounce and if Sheff Utd manage to get a win before the end of the year it could give them confidence - Brighton need big results against West Ham and against Arsenal (I would think a minimum of 4 points are needed) or it is firmly a relegation dog-fight for the rest of the season.

In reality it looks like Potter is suffering second season syndrome like Sheff Utd. Other coaches know what he is doing and are able to adapt accordingly. Potter hasn't shown that he is able to adapt so far. This Brighton team really is not set up to battle relegation. It is now 2 wins this season and 5 wins this calendar year - that could get you relegated. I always felt that Potter's reputation was more hype than substance and the jury is still out on his ability.

These are worrying times for the club - but I always think that clubs are too quick to pull the trigger on sacking their manager - and the biggest problem is who could you you replace Potter with now that Allardyce has taken a job? Howe has been mentioned - but I think Howe is okay when a team is doing well - not so good fighting relegation. He had a very good squad at Bournemouth last season and couldn't pull them out of a slump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here