Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

Should Booker go and not Mcghee

• Yes bring in Knox Bye Booker

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep booker sack Mcghee

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep them both (just for you London Irish)

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • sack both of them

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think if Mark Mcghee does stay then he should be allowed to bring in Archie Knox his right hand man for many years.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Well I just think it makes snes then give Mcghee 10 games into the new season then review things.I dont agree with the fact that every time a new manager comes into the club they are made to keep the same back room staff

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If McGhee gets his own staff in and our current run carries on in the first half of next season we will need to sack them and will have lost the coaches who won us two divisions.

It's a tactic he might try - if I remember rightly he sacked Gritt when things started to go tits up for him at Millwall.

I'm pissed off enough that we've lost Kuipers, let's not lose Booker as well if McGhee carries on.

Can someone with an opinion on Bob Booker's performance this season please explain to the rest of us exactly what you think his job consists of?

And then can someone who REALLY knows the answer to that question please come along in 24 hours time and explain to the "Booker OUT" voters how they understand f***-all about how a football club works?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
Can someone with an opinion on Bob Booker's performance this season please explain to the rest of us exactly what you think his job consists of?

And then can someone who REALLY knows the answer to that question please come along in 24 hours time and explain to the "Booker OUT" voters how they understand f***-all about how a football club works?

Touched a raw nerve have we?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lord Bracknell said:

Im not sure exactly but I would imagine he is partly responsible for motivating the team before games and making sure the warm up prepares the team properly. Which may explain why some think he hasnt done his job properly.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
sir danny cullip said:
Im not sure exactly but I would imagine he is partly responsible for motivating the team before games and making sure the warm up prepares the team properly. Which may explain why some think he hasnt done his job properly.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton till i die said:
how the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK can any of you f***ing tuen on BB - the geeza is a f***ing legend! SAKE

only in some minds

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Brighton till i die said:
how the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK can any of you f***ing turn on BB - the geeza is a f***ing legend! SAKE

he's the last one on the field after a game jee'ing up the fans!

Ok he is a legend, but this season he has totally ran out of ideas. Set-pieces have been totally shit all season, the only good set-piece was against Palace.

We never work on them in training.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
brightonfan_86 said:
Ok he is a legend, but this season he has totally ran out of ideas. Set-pieces have been totally shit all season, the only good set-piece was against Palace.

I'd agree with the set pieces point, not sure if they work on them in training but it certainly doesnt look that way. Also not sure who exactly is responsible for sorting out set pieces, its ultimately up to the manager i would imagine. So straight back at you LB what exactly are brookers responsibilities?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I will explain this once for Kev, 1066, Kinky, 3gulls, Richie and one or two others

Running any company that takes in and spends a few quid, can get complicated. Add to that a number of people in a team (or a number of teams), skills, experience, ability and try to add in motivation and direction, tactical and strategic,.....................................................................................................................

I think i am probably wasting my time here

Mcghoo OUT :shootself

Last edited:

sir danny cullip said:
So straight back at you LB what exactly are brookers responsibilities?
I don't know.

brightonfan_86 seems to think BB is responsible for getting the team to score from set-pieces and he assures us that "we never work on them in training".

I don't get to many training sessions, so I can't comment. In fact, at the only training session that I went to all season, I found BB completely awash with alcohol. And it was only 9.15 in the morning.

nsc-pres-intro.jpg

Last edited:

brightonfan_86 said:

If the above is right then McGhee and the coaching staff should be sacked immediately. Fortunately, you're talking out of your arse.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
vulture said:
I think if Mark Mcghee does stay then he should be allowed to bring in Archie Knox his right hand man for many years.
Do you have ANY idea how well Booker and McGhee work together? No? So, how do you know that McGhee's relationship with Booker is not actually BETTER than it was with Knox? Have you asked McGhee that?

And seeing as you don't know what Bob Booker's responsibilities are, it's a bit rich calling for him to go.

Better still, ask Insider. Better still, email the manager.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
That has to be McGhee's call! You can't just sack the assistant! Unless you're a very poorly run club!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
None of You (apart from race) have a clue how things work off the pitch so stop trying to convinse us that you do!

How do you kno that we never work on set peices?

no one has tried to get the club relegated, just face the facts, we were NOT good enough fo this league. END OFF!

We had to sell our best players due to our financial situatuation and any club that has to do that is boud to have it hard.

Also, we were one of the favourites to get relegated at the start of the season so why is everyone so supprised that its happened?

at the end of the day we are just not good enough for this division. we could have been relegated last season if it wernt for other results so lets all accept relegation as something that was enevitable!!!

:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here