Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

Should Booker go and not Mcghee

• Yes bring in Knox Bye Booker

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep booker sack Mcghee

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep them both (just for you London Irish)

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • sack both of them

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
philgull25 said:
so dont vote then, bob hasnt done anything wrong. why cant we accept that if you want a scapegoat how about archer, bellotti or LDC not the guys who have done their best to keep a struggling club competitive

Get real:angry:

What makes you think i voted? ???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I am in the sack BB and DW camp simply because I cannot see any evidence of whay they are doing and being in the glass is half empty group they are the common factor between all of our recent relegations.
You cannot see what they do because you do not look. You do not look becauee you do not want to know. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes - you took yourself out of that part of the set-up - so asking you what their roles are would be pointless. And if you don't know what their roles are, why are you insisting on their sacking?

When I told Paul Rogers of your half-baked idea of him being part-time Marketing Manager, and part-time Assistant First-Team Manager, he PISSED himself laughing. In derision, that is.

BensGrandad said:
MM has proved previously that he is quite capable at managing at Championship level they have yet to prove that they are capable of coaching at this level.
Sorry, you're going to have to repeat that. Is it my imagination, or did you just contradict yourself within the space of 30 words?

BensGrandad said:
What is the alternative carry on as we are going and get relegated again or sack MM and bring in a complete new team which we cannot afford.
Where on earth did you get the notion that we are going down again? What do you base this on? It can't be McGhee's record with us because last time we were in this division with him as manager, we, um, got promoted.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Large One I have been away and unable to read or post on NSC so now I will try to answer your post.

1. My idea about Paul Rogers was based on the fact that he was going to carry on playing for first of all Sutton and then Worthing and I suggested that rather than that he could continue as player manager of the reserves not the first team to help bring on the young players. The training is done mostly in the mornings so that left the afternoons free to do his marketing or whatever. His vast playing experience would have benefited the young players. Incidentally I suggested to Barry LLoyd buying Paul Rogers when he was at Sutton when I was sent to look at a forward (Francis Akinware or similar) prior to PR getting into the game full time so I rate him very highly.

2. MM has been a success in the Championship as a manager with most of the clubs that he has been associated with, most times with Archie Knox at his side. Every season bar one that we have been in the Championship with BB and DW we have been relegated is that proving that they can coach at that level?

3. The club appears to be in 'free fall' and on MM own admission he will have to offload players because we are going to see a drop in our income of over £1m, a suggestion I made some months ago and was laughed at by you amongst others, the consequence of which could be that we will follow the likes of Swindon and struggle. Promotion back again is by no means certain. Yes MM did get us promoted via the play offs but did he not take over when we were top of the league?

Dick Knight has in the past given contracts for the next season as a thank you for what a person has done during the previous season. I believe that this is wrong and new contracts should be based on what a person may be able to achieve in the coming season and that a bonus or similar should be given for past achievments, not a new contract.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:

3. The club appears to be in 'free fall' and on MM own admission he will have to offload players because we are going to see a drop in our income of over £1m, a suggestion I made some months ago and was laughed at by you amongst others, the consequence of which could be that we will follow the likes of Swindon and struggle. P romotion back again is by no means certain.

Dick Knight has in the past given contracts for the next season as a thank you for what a person has done during the previous season. I belive that this is wrong and new contracts should be based on what a person may be able to achieve in the coming season and thata bonus or similar should be given for past achievments, not a new contract.

No. 3 - Losing £50k a week we would have to sell players anyway. We are a selling club until we get Falmer.

DK has given crontracts as a thank you? Presumably for playing well and surely that is a good enough reason to give a contract?

I am interested as to why you don't rate Dick Knight, BG. Spending within our means is essential to our long term survival or did you skip that lesson in life?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
No. 3 - Losing £50k a week we would have to sell players anyway. We are a selling club until we get Falmer.

DK has given crontracts as a thank you? Presumably for playing well and surely that is a good enough reason to give a contract?

I am interested as to why you don't rate Dick Knight, BG. Spending within our means is essential to our long term survival or did you skip that lesson in life?

I disagree about the contracts a player may have performed well last season but may be nearing the end of his career and may notbe able to continue to do the same next season so the new contract should be based on what he can give us NEXT season not what he has done.. This is said in general terms with no specific player in mind.

I do not rate DK as I believe that he is a 'chancer' trying to buy into and run a club with no money. I believe that our only way forward is if somebody comes in and buys him out. The alternative is no Falmer and a struggling Div 1 or Div 2 club. Are there any more wealthy Russians out there?

I predicted in 1998, after being told by DK and MP that we would be at Withdean for 3 years, that I would buyan OAP season ticket at Withdean in 8 years. I have just renewed my 3 season tickets one of which is an OAP one for me. My grandson
who is 12 and has been a season ticket holder since the days at Gillingham has since eithera promtion or relegation virtually every season and I predict that he will have to buy an adult season ticket at Withdean before we leave there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
I disagree about the contracts a player may have performed well last season but may be nearing the end of his career and may notbe able to continue to do the same next season so the new contract should be based on what he can give us NEXT season not what he has done.. This is said in general terms with no specific player in mind.

I do not rate DK as I believe that he is a 'chancer' trying to buy into and run a club with no money. I believe that our only way forward is if somebody comes in and buys him out. The alternative is no Falmer and a struggling Div 1 or Div 2 club. Are there any more wealthy Russians out there?

I predicted in 1998, after being told by DK and MP that we would be at Withdean for 3 years, that I would buyan OAP season ticket at Withdean in 8 years. I have just renewed my 3 season tickets one of which is an OAP one for me. My grandson
who is 12 and has been a season ticket holder since the days at Gillingham has since eithera promtion or relegation virtually every season and I predict that he will have to buy an adult season ticket at Withdean before we leave there.

To be fair, I don't think anyone expected us to be at Withdean for this long. I won't hold that against DK and MP. Perhaps if an alternative site was suggested all those years ago, we wouldn't still be at Withdean.... :thud:

DK has and is, protecting our club from financial meltdown and I believe he has done a good job of it. I am sure that he would hand the club over, should a wealthy benefactor come forward and set out a competent business plan. Would you want the club in the hands of a wealthy Russian? I for one would rather have someone with links to the club, that can be trusted. We wouldn't want to go through a similar saga as the Archer/Stanley era, would we?

Until planning permission is finalised and the stadium is built, don't expect to see the club change hands. You would either be a daft businessman to buy a club without a home, or a man intent on saving the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
To be fair, I don't think anyone expected us to be at Withdean for this long. I won't hold that against DK and MP. Perhaps if an alternative site was suggested all those years ago, we wouldn't still be at Withdean.... :thud:

DK has and is, protecting our club from financial meltdown and I believe he has done a good job of it. I am sure that he would hand the club over, should a wealthy benefactor come forward and set out a competent business plan. Would you want the club in the hands of a wealthy Russian? I for one would rather have someone with links to the club, that can be trusted. We wouldn't want to go through a similar saga as the Archer/Stanley era, would we?

Until planning permission is finalised and the stadium is built, don't expect to see the club change hands. You would either be a daft businessman to buy a club without a home, or a man intent on saving the club.

Knowing the financial background of DK I fully expected to be at Withdean for this length of time and expect it to be a good few more years still to come.

Whilest not praising Archer/Bellotti etc I would ask how much farther forward are we now than then, I division higher, still no ground and still very much in debt. Had they still been here would we have a new ground by now, I don't know and who does? It is pure guess work as to what may have happened.

I would by quite happy for a Russian or whatever to come along and plough money into the club irrespective of his own reasons provided the club stayed in existence and were successful. If he wanted to use the club to launder his ill gotten gains so be it provided the club did not suffer.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would only replace MM if you could get a young coach like Bothroyd who will bring a load of new ideas and get the best out of our small squad. But that is a big if, we could ge the wrong one and he might do shit. We could get the right one and if he is ambitious he will f*** off. We could get one who does average, so no real difference from MM, except we would have to pay MM off, so more money down the drain. We have a steady amnager who seems intent to stay so therefore bringing us stability. Why not stick with him and see how things pan out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
Knowing the financial background of DK I fully expected to be at Withdean for this length of time and expect it to be a good few more years still to come.
We've been down this road before, and you were wrong then as well. Dick Knight's finances have NOTHING to do with it, despite you believing a rich businessman throwing money at the stadium plans would resolve the issue. The problems, which have been discussed on here ad nauseum are PLANNING issues. We have one of the country's top barristers, together with top planning solicitors working on our case, and have cost millions already. Throwing more money would NOT have speeded up the process.

BensGrandad said:
Whilest not praising Archer/Bellotti etc I would ask how much farther forward are we now than then, I division higher, still no ground and still very much in debt. Had they still been here would we have a new ground by now, I don't know and who does? It is pure guess work as to what may have happened.
No, the club wouldn't exist.

That really was a daft question.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
Your petty jealousy over Dick Knight taking over the club, thereby not letting you f*** it up the arse, is well documented. At least he bothered to save the club. No, scratch that - at least he bothered built it up from nothing, rather than stand in the wings shooting his mouth off over the precious things he couldn't bother his sorry arse to protect. Unlike you.

BensGrandad said:
You really haven't been paying attention these past five years, have you? You are still convinced a rich businessman would have got us our stadium now. It is that level of stupidity - the sort I would expect from Lewes District Council's press releases - that makes me glad you are not in charge, and that the 'chancer' took control, rather than the 'irrelevant big-mouth'.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
3. The club appears to be in 'free fall' and on MM own admission he will have to offload players because we are going to see a drop in our income of over £1m, a suggestion I made some months ago and was laughed at by you amongst others, the consequence of which could be that we will follow the likes of Swindon and struggle. Promotion back again is by no means certain.
No it doesn't. Where did you get that shit-coated nugget of information from? You're making it up as you go along. You would LIKE it to go into free-fall purely in order to satisfy your fantasy-driven ego and prove you right.

There is no evidence to presume we are going to follow Swindon on a path downward, a club where the directors were reckless enough to have assumed their place at the Play-Off Final in 2004, and not accounting for failure to do so.

Why would I laugh at a drop in our income? It might make you feel good for the sake of you believing it weakens Dick Knight's position, but it's not something I find the remotest humour in.

BensGrandad said:
MM did get us promoted via the play offs but did he not take over when we were top of the league?
Nope.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Large One said:
No it doesn't. Where did you get that shit-coated nugget of information from? You're making it up as you go along. You would LIKE it to go into free-fall purely in order to satisfy your fantasy-driven ego and prove you right.

There is no evidence to presume we are going to follow Swindon on a path downward, a club where the directors were reckless enough to have assumed their place at the Play-Off Final in 2004, and not accounting for failure to do so.

Why would I laugh at a drop in our income? It might make you feel good for the sake of you believing it weakens Dick Knight's position, but it's not something I find the remotest humour in.

Nope.
You know I get the distinct impression that you think Bens Grandad is an idiot TLO, strangely enough so do I. Where he dreams up these insane notions about mythical investors and so on is beyond me. I wonder what he did before he retired. Well he must be retired as its pretty clear hes senile now. No matter how matter people point out the shear futility and illogical nature of his posts he still continues to troll out the same old tripe the vast majority of which has no basis in fact.

Do us all a favour BG, the next time you post try saying something that has the slightest semblance of reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here