Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

Should Booker go and not Mcghee

• Yes bring in Knox Bye Booker

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep booker sack Mcghee

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Keep them both (just for you London Irish)

Votes: 48 47.1%
  • sack both of them

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

The Large One said:
Do you have ANY idea how well Booker and McGhee work together? No? So, how do you know that McGhee's relationship with Booker is not actually BETTER than it was with Knox? Have you asked McGhee that?

And seeing as you don't know what Bob Booker's responsibilities are, it's a bit rich calling for him to go.

Better still, ask Insider. Better still, email the manager.

You are so boring and please take those rose tinted glasses off.Mcghee had worked with knox for over 10 seasons he wanted to bring him in when he first came to the club,but hey sorry I forgot youre the expert and like so many on here you are of course right and because I type stuff which you dont agree with I am wrong.
Hope MM and Dk enjoy the arse licking

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
sir danny cullip said:
Im not sure exactly

so dont vote then, bob hasnt done anything wrong. why cant we accept that if you want a scapegoat how about archer, bellotti or LDC not the guys who have done their best to keep a struggling club competitive

Get real:angry:

Re: Re: Re: Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

vulture said:
You are so boring and please take those rose tinted glasses off.Mcghee had worked with knox for over 10 seasons he wanted to bring him in when he first came to the club,but hey sorry I forgot youre the expert and like so many on here you are of course right and because I type stuff which you dont agree with I am wrong.
I really enjoy this stuff.

"I'm entitled to express an opinion"

"You're a boring arse-licker, because you disagree with me"

Last edited:

vulture said:
I think if Mark Mcghee does stay then he should be allowed to bring in Archie Knox his right hand man for many years.

I think if this was a big problem, then McGhee is the kind of strong, forceful character who would take it up with Dick Knight and fight for what he wants. But we have no evidence that it is a problem, do we?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

vulture said:
Eejit. Whether he wanted to bring Knox in or not is totally irrelevant. What is important is that he didn't, because he couldn't. When this became clear, this was the point at which Dick Knight stuck a gun to Mark McGhee's head and told him to 'take this f***ing job or else'.

Ever had a drink with McGhee and Booker? They are great company. But don't take my word for it, ask roz and Lush.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
From what I remember until the bit that means I can never go back to Donatellos, they were indeed great company and get on very well together. An impressive double act, in fact.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
There are some exasperating fucknuts on here now!

All i know is that during all the succes this club has had in recent years one thing has remained constant and that's Bob Booker. That might tell you something...

But I am a bit worried about the being pissed in the morning :lolol:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My concern is the lack of development of some of our young players, CKR, Jakey,Jarrett..... all have raw ablity but haven't seemed to be able to improve greatly, now if this is down to the coaching then maybe it is something that should be looked at.

If what we hear is true that MM has been on the phone for 6 hours a day solid trying to bring in players then surely the training has been left with BB and DW.

Maybe rather than Booker who assists MM it might be time to look at White and the rest of the coaching staff, now we have all this young talent coming through are they the right guys to be taking it on to the next level ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am in the sack BB and DW camp simply because I cannot see any evidence of whay they are doing and being in the glass is half empty group they are the common factor between all of our recent relegations. MM has proved previously that he is quite capable at managing at Championship level they have yet to prove that they are capable of coaching at this level.

What is the alternative carry on as we are going and get relegated again or sack MM and bring in a complete new team which we cannot afford.

I also think we should show BB the loyalty that he showed us when he turned down double his wages to join Adams at Leiceister. The man is now Brighton through and through. BB has told me that him and McGhee have a great relationship in work and socially, far better than any previous manager he has worked with.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Re: Re: Should Mcghee stay and Booker go

London Irish said:
I think if this was a big problem, then McGhee is the kind of strong, forceful character who would take it up with Dick Knight and fight for what he wants. But we have no evidence that it is a problem, do we?

McGhee wont go demanding things from DK. He has a nice job in a nice part of the country and he wants to keep it despite his performance not meeting the required standards this season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not the first time MM has been relegated as a Manager.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
BensGrandad said:
MM has proved previously that he is quite capable at managing at Championship level they have yet to prove that they are capable of coaching at this level.

To my mind your argument here is bizarre. You seem to be saying that the only proof of Coaching ability is the teams survival in the Championship, because McGhee has been successful with a completely differnet team under different circumstances.
How exatly do you seperate out the other factors in our relegation which less face it we have better evidece of (eg manager and players) to enable you to make a decision on the role of two people whose contribution you know sod all about.

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
I am in the sack BB and DW camp simply because I cannot see any evidence of whay they are doing and being in the glass is half empty group they are the common factor between all of our recent relegations.

Are they not also the common factor in every superb thing this club has done over the last 5 years? You really can't have it both ways, you know. Stop airbrushing all those championships and promotions out of history.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Any of the poll options could be the right one but how can any of us know? It would only be an opinion based on almost zero knowledge of the relevant facts.

To make such a judgement one would have to

- watch training sessions day in, day out.

- attend all team meetings

- be in on all meetings between MM, BB and DW

- be in on all meetings between MM and DK

- have full knowledge of all the efforts made to secure loan players and the reasons why the efforts failed.

Too many people on NSC just guess at all these to suit their particular argument and turn the guess instantly into a fact.

For what it's worth my opinion, based on very little knowledge of any of these, is that they should all stay because our relegation was due to our lack of a proper ground and the resultant lack of income. Even if we come straight back up again, we will still be bookies' favourites to be relegated again, regardless of who our manager is. That's the reality of our situation.

Sure MM and the others made mistakes, as did the players but if they never made mistakes they'd be at better clubs than BHA...sadly.

When we have Falmer we will be one of those better clubs!

Tough call but just in my opinion, the way to gauge how good an assistant gaffer is would be to look at his record when called upon to be the head coach - and his record as our caretaker manager is pretty abysmal....this is despite serving his apprenticeship under 3 good managers in Adams, Taylor and Coppell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here