Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should i go to the Goldstone Retail Park with my girlfreind?

Should i got to the Goldstone Retail Park with my girlfreind?

• Yes

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 52 65.8%
  • Yes ( Only to set fire to the place)

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Wait outside while she goes in.

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

MY girlfreind is coming down this weekend and wants to go to Toys R Us. Have had a big discussion with her on the phone and refuse to go on this sacred ground.
She fails to understand my reasons.
What do you lot think?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
She is obviously insensitive and non caring.

Dump here.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I went a couple of years ago and it was quite weird as you'd expect. The strangest bit was coming round the corner by the chapel where I used to stop and buy Gulls Eye and a programme and look round the corner to see how many were in the North Stand.
After getting over that it was just quite nice to have a look round, bringing back some quality memories.
You've got to move on sooner or later and Toys R Us is quality!

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
No and never go shopping with a woman she will come to expect it of you and they love to shop on a saturday afternoon.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's not Toys R Us' fault that Archer, Bellotti and Stanley tried to destroy our club. To them they wanted to buy a piece of land and it was in the catalogue. I do like Toys R Us but I wish it was a bit more like the toy sore in Big. Theres not enough cool stuff to play with like running around the store with those infra-red laser guns or playing on that giant keyboard.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As much as I accept the views of those who think we should 'move on', for me....

Don't go there.

Don't take her there.

Don't accompany her if she goes.

EVER. We can (maybe) 'move on' when Falmer's built, but how can anybody possibly justify going there when we're STILL suffering the devastating effects of having our home taken from us.

I won't even go past the site - on the odd occasions I or friends are in that part of the world, we take a route which avoids passing it. I've never seen the f***ing thing, and never want to.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Herne Hill Seagull said:
As much as I accept the views of those who think we should 'move on', for me....

Don't go there.

Don't take her there.

Don't accompany her if she goes.

EVER. We can (maybe) 'move on' when Falmer's built, but how can anybody possibly justify going there when we're STILL suffering the devastating effects of having our home taken from us.

I won't even go past the site - on the odd occasions I or friends are in that part of the world, we take a route which avoids passing it. I've never seen the f***ing thing, and never want to.

But if I want a Burger and am nearby then I'm going to Burger King. I'm not going to let the three twatsmen of the apocolypse take anything else away from me. Plus I can take it outside and sit near to where I used to stand in the good old days. Except I'll be eating a nicer burger.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Your call Rangdo - I was speaking for myself.

None of the mates that I used to stand with in the old North Stand have ever set foot in the place though, and none of us ever will.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Your call Rangdo - I was speaking for myself.

None of the mates that I used to stand with in the old North Stand have ever set foot in the place though, and none of us ever will.

I used to feel like that but at the end of the day me not going there doesn't hurt the people who took us to the brink which is what I want. Not going to Wickes used to be a better idea but now satan has sold up he couldn't care less.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't go, dumping may be a bit severe, unless of course she is a hard nosed bitch who fails completely to understand you and goes anyway, just ask yourself if you could contemplate a long term relationship or even marriage to someone who completely ignores your feelings.

I have only been back to the area where the Goldstone once stood, to return a hire van, if I had know that the company had their office there I would have used a different one. I found the experience totally traumatic and do not plan to go back again, ever. If anyone on NSC is willing to offer me counselling to get over my experience, which despite being nearly 5 years ago still gives me flash-backs, I will accept their offer gladly.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Take her to the one in Portsmouth.

Then you are both happy!!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i had to take the other half to babies r us in toys r us, i am quite happy to go in there, but i refuse to spend any money in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here