Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should i go to the Goldstone Retail Park with my girlfreind?

Should i got to the Goldstone Retail Park with my girlfreind?

• Yes

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 52 65.8%
  • Yes ( Only to set fire to the place)

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Wait outside while she goes in.

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

I avoided it for years, to the point where I once refused to eat chips from the Burger King that my flatmates deliberately bought me even though I was FAMISHED, but last summer a mate of mine wanted to buy a sofa and we went to DFS.

Felt a bit weird at first, but nothing is the fault of the businesses there so no point being too bitter about it.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Not only would I not go, the last time I set eyes on the Goldstone Ground site was when I walked away after the Doncaster match with tears in my eyes.

I never go along that bit of Old Shoreham Road and won't go anywhere near that part of Hove just in case I accidentally catch a glimpse of it. I even find it difficult to look southwards on the bypass because I used to look out for the floodlights.
And unless and until we get Falmer that's the way its going to bloody stay an' all.

if she wants to go let her; but.........

To be fair to her she did say that she would go on her own.
She also mentioned that my argument is not with any of the retailers on the park, which i agreed with.
But it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth and i shan't be going on the Goldstone Retail Park, not even to piss on it!
I think she just wants my advice/company whilst going round Toys R Us, not too surprsing as she is a woman!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Meccano, isn't that the description used to describe the small temporary stand that used to be on the western part of the Goldstone....

:(

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I think its time you fuckwits grew up for once,if i was your bird i would laugh my socks off and dump you,its pathetic to think people can't bare to shop or walk near shoreham road:shootself

Get over it,times have changed and moved regardless of our unfortunate tragedy of a history.You still have a club that may well be going places and have a new stadium on the horizon.

How about you go in toys r us and buy something,and say to yourself if this shop wasn't here we wouldn't have had falmer(if it happens).

You sound like a bunch of 12 year olds"SORRY LOVE I CAN'T GO TO BUY MY NEW DOUBLE BED THEIR AS I USED TO WATCH FOOTBALL THEIR HA HA HA HA YOU SAD f*** WITS"

I actually find IT all shocking but funny:lolol: :lolol:
yOUR MISSES MUST THINK YOU ARE A RIGHT COCK,I BET YOU WOULDN'T TURN DOWN A 50K MANAGERS JOB THEIR DRRRRR:drink: :shootself

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yeah I used to have a thing about it till one day when I was on the way to work and realised I had a rather annoying hole in my sock, so nipped into JJB for a pair of Chelsea homes that were a few seasons out of date for £1.99.

f***ing lifesaver.

Been back LOADS since, the quality of out of town retailing exxperiences is poor in Brighters without boycotting that place.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
When GTA Vice City came out Toys R Us was the only place that hadn't sold out. Now that was a life saver.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Legend said:
Take her to the one in Portsmouth.

Then you are both happy!!
I don't see how going to Portsmouth could be happy solution to anything. ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A definite no

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Why does she need to go to Toys R Us so much?

Is it because she has a child? In which case, run away, run away now!
Is it because she is a child? well, whatever floats your boat!
Or is it because she is buying for some other child relation? In which case, why can she not buy something somewhere else?.... such as wherever she has 'come down' from or a shop in town?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Don't even consider it.
My Mrs knows that if she ever goes into Toys R Us it's divorce.
The kids go without but that's life.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
the full harris said:
Why does she need to go to Toys R Us so much?

Is it because she has a child? In which case, run away, run away now!
Is it because she is a child? well, whatever floats your boat!
Or is it because she is buying for some other child relation? In which case, why can she not buy something somewhere else?.... such as wherever she has 'come down' from or a shop in town?

:clap: Excellent points I feel, and ones that had escaped my mind for one.

I voted NO, by the way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have to deliver to the damn place. I'd never buy anything from any of the shops there though.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Totally understand why no one would want to go there, I have never driven past, even when on the train to Brighton I cannot look left at Hove Station, to many memories. The other day we had to go to a Vet's in Wilbury ave, very close and my wife was wondering why we were going to it via a weird route, then she realised....................dump her mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here