Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should fans with 2 FA ticket stubs

Should FA cup ticket stub holders get priority if we drew a big name at Withdean?

• Yes

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Let the club sort it out in their usual way

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
get priority over EVERYONE else including 10 year season ticket holders if we get a Chelsea/Man U assuming we get through the next round?

Big big yes from me

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
LDV ticket stubbs should count for more but they won't.

These are the games where the club lost money because people couldn't be arsed to go

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
However they work it someone somewhere wont be happy, for example, I am getting a ticket for the second round game, despite the fact I know I am working and unable to attend, as I was for the first round game. Does that make me an arsehole, I'll probably give the ticket to someone in exchange for the stub.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
after next saturday i would have been to 2 FA Cup games and 3 JPT games, and am a season ticket holder so really i cant see how i wouldnt get priority one way or another.

Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Would'nt the ticket office have a record of FA tkts bought through your account?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I haven't been to any this season but I went to Gillingham etc etc :bla: :bla:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Commander said:
I haven't been to any this season but I went to Gillingham etc etc :bla: :bla:

Ticket request binned, time to move on :lolol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
KNC said:
Would'nt the ticket office have a record of FA tkts bought through your account?

yes but this would not work as some people buy the ticket in person or get others people to buy them for you, like i did for both the JPT games

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
KNC said:

Is their computer that good then? :jester:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Icy Gull said:
Ticket request binned, time to move on :lolol:

In all fairness, I would not complain in the slightest if I couldn't get a ticket for a home cup game against a Premiership side as I couldn't be arsed to go to the cup games so far.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I went to the 1st round game, and i will probably go to the millwall game and the 2nd round game, but ive only been to 4 league games this season.

Am i a bad fan if i get a ticket over someone else?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
ali jenkins said:
I went to the 1st round game, and i will probably go to the millwall game and the 2nd round game, but ive only been to 4 league games this season.

if you go to millwall and the 2nd round game then that would be 7 games this season, and thats alot more than most people applying to go would have gone to this season

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
ali jenkins said:

Yes.... yes you are :jester:

I almost hope we don't get a good draw so this won't be a problem after all the moaning when we got Spurs!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh blimey this old chestnut!

The minor issue is about retaining stubs. This is the club being lazy becuase they will have on record all payment details.

However as discussed at length before on this board priority for tickets should ALWAYS go to season ticket holders. Without the cash injection up front via season ticket holders there is no club and and there are no away games. It does not matter if you attend every away game and spent thousands on watching Albion up and down the country. That is your decision no doubt based on the crap atmosphere at Withdean. However all that money you spend is dead money that rather than going to the club, ends up in the tills of pubs and rail companies up and down the land.

Once every season ticket holder has been given the opportunity to buy a ticket, then there is a debate as to whether ticket stubs for previous games should be used for priority. To be fair perhaps there is a sound arguement that people who do attend lots of away games should have some form of priority over the "big time charlies" who would no doubt come out of the woodwork if we drew Chelsea or Man Utd.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I've bought 4 tickets for all 5 home cup ties so far this season, if we do go through & get a good draw would I be able to buy 4 tickets for that game too?

I also have a season ticket but would like to sit with my daughter brother & nephew

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok so as the club haven't made any suggestions like this maybe two stubs won't be possible as people may have thrown them away, but they CAN act now!

IMO the club are missing a massive opportunity to bump the gate up here. If they let it be known that ticket stub holders from the next game would get priority if we get through and draw a big club. it could boost the gate big time.

If season ticket holders want to be at the head of the queue they need to be told that they need to have a ticket stub. Season ticket holders with a stub take priority, stub holders next? How simple is that????

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Icy Gull said:

If season ticket holders want to be at the head of the queue they need to be told that they need to have a ticket stub. Season ticket holders with a stub take priority, stub holders next? How simple is that????

Uh No! Before it was advised about keeping the stub i binned mine and more importantly there is the issue of they have the record of my credit card payment.

Oh and the little matter of the £450 odd quid i coughed up in one lump before a ball was kicked!:angry:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
METALMICKY said:
Uh No! Before it was advised about keeping the stub i binned mine and more importantly there is the issue of they have the record of my credit card payment.

Oh and the little matter of the £450 odd quid i coughed up in one lump before a ball was kicked!:angry:

For League games only.

With the club in it's present state surely most season ticket holders wouldn't be averse to actually having to go to low key cup games if they want 1st dibs on the possible glamour game further doen the road? I no longer have a season ticket due to not being able to get to games but I was for 9 odd years beforehand so I do also see it from a season ticket holders view, but the club's finances come 1st and if it means doing this to boost gates so be it...imo

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here