Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should fans with 2 FA ticket stubs

Should FA cup ticket stub holders get priority if we drew a big name at Withdean?

• Yes

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Let the club sort it out in their usual way

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Money in the bank is desperately important to the club, especially during the close season, so they are right to put season ticket holders first.

I am not a season ticket holder, and even though I have / will have attended both FA cup games and two JPT games I would still not object if season ticket holders got in first.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hans kraay fan club said:
Money in the bank is desperately important to the club, especially during the close season, so they are right to put season ticket holders first.

I am not a season ticket holder, and even though I have / will have attended both FA cup games and two JPT games I would still not object if season ticket holders got in first.

Ditto. I have been to every home game so far, but I am not an STH. I would welcome the club putting the STHs first, afterall we probably couldn't start a season without them!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Icy Gull said:
get priority over EVERYONE else including 10 year season ticket holders if we get a Chelsea/Man U assuming we get through the next round?

Big big yes from me

A stab in the dark; have you got 2 FA cup ticket stubbs but are not a 10 year season ticket holder?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes loyalty should be rewarded. Forget what you've done in the past its nowadays that count. I haven't missed a home game all season and been to a fair few away games too.

Now if a Chelsea or Man Utd scum bag from down the local pub gets one ahead of me I'd be well p!ssed off and rightly so.

If you belong to the "I wont go to Withdean gang" then surely that is your choice and must expect to have a lower chance of getting one, no? After all you don't go to Withdean do you!?!!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The main point of the stubs issue is in fact the Millwall game. This is purely because the club will NOT have a record of who went as it is pay on the gate.

They will have the records of those who have gone to the cup games at withdean

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Caveman said:
Yes loyalty should be rewarded. Forget what you've done in the past its nowadays that count. I haven't missed a home game all season and been to a fair few away games too.

Now if a Chelsea or Man Utd scum bag from down the local pub gets one ahead of me I'd be well p!ssed off and rightly so.

If you belong to the "I wont go to Withdean gang" then surely that is your choice and must expect to have a lower chance of getting one, no? After all you don't go to Withdean do you!?!!

If you forget the past, how can you reward loyalty? Are you saying that loyalty only starts from this season? Does it then start from next season again then, because this season will be in the past?

Another stab in the dark; is this the first season that (and remember were only three months in) you havent missed a game game?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Fourteenth Eye said:
The main point of the stubs issue is in fact the Millwall game. This is purely because the club will NOT have a record of who went as it is pay on the gate.

The Millwall game wont make jack shit. Sorry to break it to ya and the clown that asked if there will extra trains put on (?!), but the overall crowd wont top 4,000.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fourteenth Eye said:

The Millwall game is absolutely not the main point of the stubs issue. The club do not give a flying f*** if you go to Millwall. They want you to go to WITHDEAN. [Which I know you do, btw].

The games that count, should be Boston, MK Dons, Northwich and Stafford.

People need to have reasonable debate, and not just back whichever policy gives them the best priority. I am going to Millwall as well as all the others, bar MK Dons, but I STILL think STHs should get priority over me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Should fans with 2 FA ticket stubs

Tubby Mondays said:
A stab in the dark; have you got 2 FA cup ticket stubbs but are not a 10 year season ticket holder?

No longer a season ticket holder and I have no stubs, are you using yours, if not can I have them ?

This is a wildly optimistic stab in the dark

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this thread proves conclusively that there is no way that glamour game tickets can be sold fairly....that is fairly in everyone's opinion.

So there is no way the club can avoid a repeat of the Spurs whinging whatever they do is there???

I still hold fast that if season ticket holders want a ticket they should go to the cup games to be in with a chance, but hey ho

Last edited:

crosbysleftear

Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Crowd for Northwich - 4500?
away - 500?
4000 home fans?
1500 were not STH?
2000 STH not at Northwich?
Capcity for home fans 8000

Surely we can all go?

All figures plucked out of thin air, if someone has more accurate ones then I am happy to be correect. I'd be suprised if Withdean didn't have the cpacity to cater for all STH and all those who have been to earlier cup games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would going to the Spurs game when we drew them in the cup count as loyalty as I still have that ticket...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If you forget the past, how can you reward loyalty? Are you saying that loyalty only starts from this season? Does it then start from next season again then, because this season will be in the past?

Yes start from this season afterall this is the season we are in and talking about.

I've been to nearly every home game for near on 25 years and visited at least 40 odd away grounds and most of them several times. Now if I had not been to any or hardly any games this season I would only find that fair that someone who has gets my ticket, but I would also feel I haven't really support the club too well. Again no?

Are you saying that someone who has been to 2 games this year, 6 last year but went to all the games in the 80's deserves a ticket over someone who goes all the time. Just interested?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At the Goldstone didnt they usually give STH a day or two to apply for tickets before going on general sale?

I see no reason why STH shouldnt get first dibs as they have paid in advance, yes for league games, but they are the lifeblood of the club. If we get a big draw then that is their reward I feel.

The ticket stubs thing is a good idea when the STHs have claimed theirs.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tihnk it is inevitable that whether you agree with it or not priority for home cup games will always go to Season ticket holders, however should we draw an away game to a big club in round three is we get that far then the ticket stubs will come into play as noone will have a priority so the more stubs you have the more priority you will get.

For example if you have the two fa cup round stubs and the millwall away stub you should get first dibs on the away tickets,

These three are the only tickets which can be used as the club only announced to keep tickets for after the mkdons game so it would be unfair to expect people to keep stubs before they are told that they should.

Re: Re: Re: Should fans with 2 FA ticket stubs

crosbysleftear said:
Is this still the case? I have a 3 year ticket but had heard that as the club was losing so much money giving away free tickets they were stopping this after the Northwich game.

Clearly not - got my freebie yesterday :blush:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Surely the problem isn't if we get a big name at Withdean but if we get a big draw away from home and only get allocated 4000 (or similar) tickets?

We do have to get through the next round before getting our knickers in a twist :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here