Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Celtic and Rangers join an ENGLISH league?

Should Rangers and Celtic be allowed to join an ENGLISH league?

• Yes

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 85.3%
  • Ohhh, stick those splinters up my passage

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, great.

Many Scottish people can't wait to moan about the English, to crap on about Braveheart, and English oppression, and us stealing their North Sea Oil, and battles that took place 400 years ago. They go on endlessly about the marvellous Tartan Army, and their "great fans", and how they have so much national pride and identity compared to the English, actively nurturing the thousand year old chip on their shoulders.

Yet they want their two biggest teams to come and play in England. Excuse me?

The only people in favour of this are club chairmen- in English clubs' case, seeing the pound signs of the travelling Glaswegian support, and in Rangers & Celtic's case, seeing the chance to increase their worldwide exposure and TV income.

The fact that Rangers & Celtic dominate the SPL is down to their spending- if they want to make it more competitive, what's to stop them investing in the future of Scottish football, rather than simply buying up every half decent Scottish player from the likes of Hibs and Motherwell. It's not English football's problem, and I don't see why we should fix it for them.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Buzzer said:
You're allowed t call Rangers fans bigots but when I point out that Celtic fans sing IRA songs then it's apparently because I'm anti-catholic/Irish.

Hypocrite.

Poor old buzzer, so blinded with Thatcherite rage he's failed to spot the obvious wind-up.
Nevermind, go have a lie down and watch your tapes of Norman Tebbits greatest conference speeches - that always cheers you up.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
no, they should not. are they not proud to be from another country. it is the english premier league. if they want to join the premiership then it should be fair on all the other clubs below that league. such as brighton etc. the only way to make this fair is they start down in the lowest league of the english piramid system. and then work their way up, as everybody else has to do. not only that rangers would be in a relegation struggle the way they are performing at the mo. and celtic would not be much higher than mid table. just look at the players that leave them clubs then flop in the prem. or players that were not exactly pulling trees up in the prem and do so well up there.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
tommy boy said:

TheFA.com - "The Official Website of the England Team, The FA Cup and football (soccer) at all levels in England."

Since the FA run the Premiership, etc. please can you explain how they are non-English. I'm not trying to argue, simply curious as you haven't backed up anything you've said.

Oct 25, 2003
Bad Ash said:
TheFA.com - "The Official Website of the England Team, The FA Cup and football (soccer) at all levels in England."

Since the FA run the Premiership, etc. please can you explain how they are non-English. I'm not trying to argue, simply curious as you haven't backed up anything you've said.

if cardiff were in the premiership, would it be english then?

it is the FOOTBALL LEAGUE, not the ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE, never has been

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Cardiff City
Wrexham
Swansea City
Gretna (for a while)

Honestly your welcome to either Rangers or Celtic - one thinks it's English already and the other thinks it's Irish - we would have a great competitive league if they left.

Fans from Perth would actually start watching St Johnstone, Dundonians would go along to Dens or Tannadice.

I have seen Brighton fans moan about ONE charlton supporters coach leave from the coast - about 20 coaches leave from Perth every week to watch the In Firm - same for most other larger towns/cities up here - that is the real problem with scottish football and the mess we're in....

As to which lot are the worst, I personally dislike Celtic fans more, but after nearly 7 years fighting with the local catholic school when i was at a proddie skool it sort of sticks :down:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Voroshilov said:
Celtic would be good, but we don't need Rangers and their bigoted neanderthal following.

Having visited Celtic Park and walked along Gallowgate towards the ground I think its fair to say that its 50/50.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
The Premiership now is, essentially, a 3-horse race. Each year there seem to be fewer and fewer teams able to take points off the top clubs.

I think Celtic and Rangers would make the Premiership a more open and interesting spectacle, but it would need to be part of a bigger shake-up in British football.

Celtic and Rangers football clubs are no different to Liverpool, Newcastle or a handfull of other teams. they are currently big fish in a very little pond, and they'll get found out soon enough if they played the premeriship. I cant see how they would instantly and directly compete with Chelsea and ManU.

This whole issue is just a wet dream for Sky. I dont think many English care to play against them, and i dont believe any Scot/Glaswegian would want to see their club play in our league, even the Rangers fans.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
seagull@stirling said:

Honestly your welcome to either Rangers or Celtic - one thinks it's English already and the other thinks it's Irish - we would have a great competitive league if they left.

Fans from Perth would actually start watching St Johnstone, Dundonians would go along to Dens or Tannadice.

I have seen Brighton fans moan about ONE charlton supporters coach leave from the coast - about 20 coaches leave from Perth every week to watch the In Firm - same for most other larger towns/cities up here - that is the real problem with scottish football and the mess we're in....

I tend to agree with my BHAlba buddy here. Buses from Alloa, and villages all over Clackmannanshire head off to Ibrox, Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle every saturday and little Alloa struggles to get 500 for their home games.

Support you local team. Have you moved out of the Wee County to Perth or work there now? Still waiting for you to contact us @ www.bhalba.co.uk
:blush: :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here