Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Celtic and Rangers join an ENGLISH league?

Should Rangers and Celtic be allowed to join an ENGLISH league?

• Yes

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 85.3%
  • Ohhh, stick those splinters up my passage

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
The Complete Badger said:
By that reckoning, we should play in the French league then, as we are closer to France than Sunderland. What about Hull? I reckon they would go down a treat in Holland!

What a STUPID reason:lolol:
Why stupid oh i have a opinion thats right i can't have one of them

all i am saying is why do those 3 teams play in the english league
when they wouldn't be out of place in the scottish league and i have a feeling that a team has played in the scottish league and then deferred into the english league a very long time ago

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
tommy boy said:
closer to scotland than what?!

basically they are scottish teams playing in english league's

Oct 25, 2003
veade said:
basically they are scottish teams playing in english league's

what?!

newcastle is quite clearly in england, most of the city is even south of the wall, making sunderland and middlesborough DEFINITELY in england

have you ever been in newcastle for an england game?! far more into it than brighton is

i believe you are talking the bullshit

Oct 25, 2003
veade said:
i have a feeling that a team has played in the scottish league and then deferred into the english league a very long time ago

who is that then?!

gretna played in the english league, then went to the scottish league, gretna is basically on the border, newcastle....errr....isn't

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
veade said:
Why stupid oh i have a opinion thats right i can't have one of them

all i am saying is why do those 3 teams play in the english league
when they wouldn't be out of place in the scottish league and i have a feeling that a team has played in the scottish league and then deferred into the english league a very long time ago

Gretna played in the English non-league pyramid. Berwick Rangers are an English team that play in Scotland but this is more historical due to the fact that when England and Scotland were independent nations the town swapped countries over 50 times.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough have never been part of Scotland at all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Voroshilov said:
Just admit it - you don't like Catholics or the Irish.

You're allowed t call Rangers fans bigots but when I point out that Celtic fans sing IRA songs then it's apparently because I'm anti-catholic/Irish.

Hypocrite.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
No way should they Join the premiership. Why should they get an automatic entry to the league and stop two championship sides who would earn the right to be there? If they join the english leagues I think they should start in the confrence(im being deadly searious)or league 2.

NB. If they did join the leagues in England it would be catastrophic for scottish football. All the other sides rely on the old firm for the money spinning T.V games. Hearts would just run away with it every year and the league would die. The only way I can think of to solve that problem would be to put all the lower scots clubs in England.

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan said:
Rangers on the whole would be welcomed Celtic on the other hand would not. They are both as bad as each other on what they sing, etc but at least Rangers are trying to stamp it out whilst Cetlic let it carry on.

Not true http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5055460.html

True fencesitter on this one, I think the Glasgow teams would create a bit of interest and theatre in the increasingly dull Premiership. But I'm not sure it would be fair to the other Scottish clubs to be left behind so.

I think long term an all British league would be an interesting idea.

And for those who are bleating against Scottish independence, Britain doesn't have to be part of a United States of Europe for British clubs to participate in the Champions League/UEFA Cup, does it?

Buzzer said:
You're allowed t call Rangers fans bigots but when I point out that Celtic fans sing IRA songs then it's apparently because I'm anti-catholic/Irish.

Hypocrite.
It's fairly easy to spot the bigot with comments about pikeys and primordial slime.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
London Irish said:
It's fairly easy to spot the bigot with comments about pikeys and primordial slime.

Don't like either of them with their sectarian bollocks. Just think it's unfair to just call Rangers bigots when their rivals are just as bad.

As people though, I can honestly say that after seeing Hibs v Celtic with my (catholic scottish) brother-in-law 2 years ago that Celtic fans are without doubt the worst primordial slime I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

You jumping to conclusions you're not entitled to make. :salute:

Buzzer said:
Don't like either of them with their sectarian bollocks. Just think it's unfair to just call Rangers bigots when their rivals are just as bad.

As people though, I can honestly say that after seeing Hibs v Celtic with my (catholic scottish) brother-in-law 2 years ago that Celtic fans are without doubt the worst primordial slime I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

You jumping to conclusions you're not entitled to make. :salute:

So what proportion of Celtic fans are primordial, pikey slime then? 100 per cent? 80 per cent? 60 per cent?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't seem to recall you giving people the 3rd degree when they post similar comments about Millwall/Palace/Scousers etc..

You called me a bigot when you weren't aware of the facts (quelle surprise). I simply stated that the Celtic fans that I saw when I was sat at Easter Road were disgusting filthy animals (in as many words) - the worst display I've EVER seen by any group of supporters.

ergo they are pikey primordial scum. The ones that weren't pissing, puking, swearing , singing songs about blowing up and murdering the British in front of little kiddies, fighting and so on didn't even blink. NONE OF THEM.

Hibs fans apologised to me for what Celtic fans did when they heard my accent later in the pub they were so disgusted.

So let's nip this in the bud before you start telling lies about me too. I hate Celtic fans. Not the Irish, not the scots, not the catholics. Just that clubs fans. I don't even hate the club.
It's not political, it's not religion, it's not racial. It's my experience and they were the worst.

edit - sorry Canned Heat. I'll not post in this thread anymore. Really sorry but LI is such a snidey wind up merchant

Last edited:

So that's 100 per cent of them then, just wanted to clarify your comments. Not saying any more, people can make up their own minds about what you're saying.

On your point about Palace/Millwall/Scousers, I don't say anything because none of my family support those teams, whereas 95 per cent of my family are pikey primordial slime.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The manager of my football team when I was working in Taipei - the MIGHTY B52s/Carnegies Taipei FC - was an expat Scotsman and hardcore Rangers fan. His best mate back in Scotland was a Celtic fan and he told me repeatedly that the only place the 2 of them could socialize was at each others houses.

The bloke was one of the least bigoted people on the planet, has lived in several countries and has a Taiwanese wife. The emails he sent round the club loop included one that was quite a funny joke with a racist as the fall guy and another defending a black ex-pat team despite some appaling behaviour by some of them.

And yet Vorilishev is allowed to get away with generalizing about Rangers fans while Buzzer gets slammed for a similar generalization about Celtic fans. Sorry but that's just wrong. I wouldn't use the same words Buzzer did, nor would I apply it to all Celtic fans. However calling Celtic fans scum is no different to calling Millwall fans scum. Anyone who says different is actually the bigot.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well if they want to join,the English set-up,fine. However start at the bottom and work your way up (omg,i get slaughted for that coment) Just like FC United are doing.:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here