Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola ameobi

Dodge

Sep 24, 2011
I'd start planning for premier legue football now if we signed Ameobi, be absolutely shocked if we could lure him here though to be honest but the new look Brighton and Hove Albion continues to surprise me! I’m reluctant to rule out any transfers these days!

Is this a joke?! He's pony. Career stats - 269 games, 50 goals. Yep, I'd start planning for the premier league!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And he's nearly 32 so I doubt he has any pace, and he'd be expensive - I'm not sure he's what Gus is looking for really.

He's 32, has a history of injuries and has never scored more than about 12 in a season.

Smacks a little bit of desperation.

He is 30, not nearly 32, or actually 32, but 30. I still don't want him but we must have the facts.

Whilst its always a possibility he'll come here. Soccer Sauce don't know anything. Pure and simple bullshitters who got lucky with Wayne Bridge.

Said that Mancini to Russia was certain to happen....he signed a new contract with City and hour later!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wayne Bridge rumour was in the Mirror first and soccer sauce ripped it 2 days later

Not being funny but - are you sure? I think you're wrong mate - Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

Just look back at all their tweets, they have about a 1% success rate! The story of that other 'Agent' Twitter account has blown what little credibility these accounts had apart

Yes I did see that one as was following him - he subsequently called all his followers '*****' which was a tad harsh - the prick!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is this a joke?! He's pony. Career stats - 269 games, 50 goals. Yep, I'd start planning for the premier league!

This is near enough 1 in 5 and he's played 11 of 13 seasons in the prem. 1 in 5 in the Champ would still be 9 goals and whilst not many even chipping in with 9 and helping CMS up towards 20 has to be good.
In the 2 seasons he has played in the champ he has 10 goals in 24 so over a season he would be a hitting 20.

All ifs and buts but at championship level he would be a very good signing IMO

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I for one believe that Shola would be ideal. We are not just looking for a goalscoring forward but someone who can lead the line and make space and chances for others. Much like Jason Roberts at Reading last year.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
People saying that Shola isn't the same player are wrong, he is very different to the one of a few years ago. He made the decision to really bulk up and now is a massive powerhouse, at this level he would be incredible.

Now what I don't understand is that Alan Pardew has gone on record to say that Shola is his favourite player for Newcastle and offers something different to the team, he had also only played for Newcastle and loves the club so I would be surprised to see this happen

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He is 30, not nearly 32, or actually 32, but 30. I still don't want him but we must have the facts.

Apologies.... thot simster was correct (check my own facts next time)

Two years younger... hmm... less certain hes a bad move but was never convinced of him at Newcastle. What was his games goal ration int he Championship?

And do we want another injury prone player?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here