Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shit Towns

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I bought my 19 year old daughter a book of Shit Towns for Christmas - to help her know which ones to avoid when she goes to college this year ...

So along the lines of bad grounds let's have the three shittiest towns you have ever visited:

In no particular order mine are:

Croydon
Peterhead
Bognor Regis

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oldham
Stoke
Most of London especially the East End.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Stockport was pretty poor.

Coventry (city)
Burnley

In fact all the teams I've been to in Greater Manchester are in pretty dire areas.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
oldham
scunthorpe
luton
bradford
preston

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stoke
Gillingham
Croydon

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i'd have to agree on bognor. f***ing dump full of inbred pikies (no offence anyone on here!!!)

i'd add southampton, much of south london and coventry...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
fatboy said:
Stockport was pretty poor.

Coventry (city)
Burnley

In fact all the teams I've been to in Greater Manchester are in pretty dire areas.

Yeah your right fatboy...bury and oldham and stockport are pi** poor...But then again go in2 manchester city centre and you find the best city in uk....We stayed in jarvis hotel over the weekend and went two nights clubbing and it was one the most amazin weekend ive had!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Grimsby (Really does smell of fish)
Port Vale
As has already been mentioned large chunks of london especially around walthamstow.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
RoyalAli said:
Go on, I dare you.
:lolol:

Well Ok

Just kidding. My brother went to uni there and it seemed alright. Apart from getting his car stolen and getting a random beating in the street! Still, the Oracle's nice!

I'd have to go for

Littlehampton - where I work. Right shithole. Full of teenage mothers and you also need to be bilingual to work there.

Manchester - Went to visit a mate at uni there in 2000. First night, went out and saw three fights and had some guy saying we had no pricks just because non of has had a light. Probably didn't help that England had lost to Portugal that day but it gave me a real bad impression of Manchester. And he lived just outside Moss side.

Worthing - The place I have lived all my life. Has turned into a right dump over the last 5 years or so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really disappointed with Worthing, I have lived there 4 years and have now got my place on the market looking to move to Horsham / Southwater area.

The situation viz a viz Teville Gate, The Aquarena, the lack of a cinema, the disappearance of bars in favour of property developments and the increasing amount of disused retail space makes the place resemble an urban toilet.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Pavilionaire said:
I'm really disappointed with Worthing, I have lived there 4 years and have now got my place on the market looking to move to Horsham / Southwater area.

The situation viz a viz Teville Gate, The Aquarena, the lack of a cinema, the disappearance of bars in favour of property developments and the increasing amount of disused retail space makes the place resemble an urban toilet.

I couldn't believe it when they knocked down the Litten Tree to build Granny flats! Wankers!

Also, Knock down Teville Gate and build a bloody cinema!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Gillingham
Burnley
Bognor Regis

However, I think LUTON was the worst place I have visited in my quest so far to visit all the 92 football league grounds.

I think Hull was voted worst in that book but I cannot comment as I have never been there

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Barrow Inverness
Corby
Bradford

very shit

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've been to Corby, it's right shit. Not as shit as Gillingham but it's getting there.

I don't like Worthing.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Seagullmatt said:
I couldn't believe it when they knocked down the Litten Tree to build Granny flats! Wankers!

Also, Knock down Teville Gate and build a bloody cinema!

they've knocked down the litten tree?!?! what the f*** did they go and do that for!

bunch of nobbers!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I've been to Corby, it's right shit. Not as shit as Gillingham but it's getting there.

I don't like Worthing.

Corby has NO bars or restaurants, and alcohol is banned on the streets how shite is that ???

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Amazed at how many dislike Worthing ... did quite a lot of my growing up between Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing and have great memories of all three places .... think only Shoreham has remained pretty well unchanged ... visited Worthing a couple of years ago and hardly recognised it .. even Montague Street was not the street it was ... and the pubs were crapholes, but still think Bognor is a desolate coffin-dodgers pit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here