Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Sponsor Confirmed

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Is this better than Kirklees College, who sponsor Huddersfield? Imagine Brighton College sponsoring us.

What about the secondary sponsor? Will there be one?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Indeed. I reckon this is a business that will run itself, now it's been set up. Once the website and payment systems are set up, they need no more than two or three people to run a company that already has a turnover of £300,000 a year and - thanks to the sponsorship deal with the Albion - will rapidly grow, without the need to take on extra staff.
See LB, I new their was a go get em capitalist inside you fighting to get out, now can you confirm that the Gary peters that set this company up was indeed in the REMF11 squad?

D

Deleted User X18H

This is all a bit strange . I would a thought a local company on a national scale would have got the gig. L&G are now back on a sound footing as are Lloyds - TSB. Or even Family Assurance.

As for Gary Paters being a lifelong Albion fan? Well if you combine that with Chelsea as well. I think his lives Patcham the ultra posh part on the Old London Road.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I guess this means going back to a crappy stick on sponsor on the shirt.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I guess this means going back to a crappy stick on sponsor on the shirt.

unless the deal was actually finalised a while back and the club are just not announcing such...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I heard that Amex provided some of the start up capital for the company.. Not sure how true that is?

The job board is here to aid the city’s employers and service providers to promote job vacancies and employment challenges direct to the local community. The site founder is Gary Peters, and the founding partners for the venture are American Express, Bupa International, City College Brighton & Hove, Domestic & General, Legal & General and Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

From their website......http://www.brightonandhovejobs.com/press/new-partner-and-shirt-sponsor-for-brighton-and-hove-albion-fc-2/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is all a bit strange . I would a thought a local company on a national scale would have got the gig.

only because you are thinking of shirt sponsors in terms of a form of advertising. how many clubs in the lower league have local rather than a national brand on their shirt? shirt sponsorship is as much about simply putting money into the club as part of a corporate package, with hospitality in return. even in the Premeirship its more about being involved than actual advertising - do you even know what half the sponsors in the Premiership are for? Aon and Standard Chartered are not exactly selling anything to the general, football watching public.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All he's done is followed the Rightmove principal for recruitment, well done to him.

Not at all - there are many, many 'Rightmoves of the recruitment industry' in that they are large, sophisticated, national (most international) jobs warehouses for Recruitment Agencies, and direct employers, to advertise their positions.

This is very niche and it's not as if Brighton is an employment hot spot, is it? Which is why so many people jump on the train and head to that there London every day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not at all - there are many, many 'Rightmoves of the recruitment industry'

there are quite alot of "Rightmoves for the real estate industry" for that matter, they are hardly unqiue.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It'll be interesting to see how much new business it brings for them. 446 jobs on site at the moment.

I just can't work it out. The numbers just don't add up to me. Unless being the main sponser for the Albion is a low-mid 5 figure sum. Also it doesn't seem to be the greatest time or city to set up a jobs website. Very strange one.

Good luck to them anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here