Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Sponsor Confirmed

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Partial contra deal? They give us access to their site to recruit some of the 700 people we need for the stadium and we give them the shirts. Possible.

I did wonder if someone at BHA might have an interest.

The registrant of the domain name works for Poker PR Ltd, 8 Foundry Street, BRIGHTON, BN1 4AT

Poker PR? Just a coincidence? Probably.

Either way - good for local commerce I would have thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

this is my fear ...

there is some link with the albion beyong just $$$ here though ... if they have 445 jobs posted, at around (and this is a guess based on what we pay in manchester) £150 per post that's over £65,000, but they're not going to get 445 jobs every month for instance ... there are other services on offer but as another poster said, this is a niche website.

i heard this was a low 6 figure deal, so where's the dosh coming from?
£49 - £99 a job. 74 jobs posted in the last week.

= about £6,000 a week income = £300,000 a year.

AT THE MOMENT. It'll be massive in a year's time.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
£49 - £99 a job. 74 jobs posted in the last week.

= about £6,000 a week income = £300,000 a year.

AT THE MOMENT. It'll be massive in a year's time.

Are you kidding? Recruitment agencts take approx 20% of the salary of positions that they place, well in London anyway. Thats £4k for every £20k job placed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't really understand what's in it for them. What is the point of them advertising nationally (which presumably is what it's all about) when they only offer local jobs? Seems a bit pointless to me.

The national side of things is an extra. I imagine their primary initial aim is quick local brand awareness....which they will get.

Miles better than IST or ITS or IT First or whatever they are called. I must say their logo is one of the most confusing I have ever come across. Someone had to explain the IST link to IT First....was it just me?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you kidding? Recruitment agencts take approx 20% of the salary of positions that they place, well in London anyway. Thats £4k for every £20k job placed.

....they do need some jobs to advertise though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They must have some serious backing behind them to afford a deal like this. Official site says they were 'established in September 2010'.

I'm talking about the £49 - £99 a job charges for the adverts (which is the income that brightonandhovejobs.com make). The activities of the recruitment agents don't come into it, except for the fact that the agencies are using the site to post vacancies.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
This is good sponsorship in my book. Local firm, local jobs - all sounds pretty positive and aligns well with having a major corporate like American Express sponsoring the stadium.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

they aren't an recruitment agency though, just a website on which the agencies advertise. still, money for old rope.

They must have some serious backing behind them to afford a deal like this. Official site says they were 'established in September 2010'.

i read somewhere (NSC? news?) that they were setup by American Express and Legal and General. or prehaps i imagined it. eitherway, i dont suppose the club would take on a deal with anyone they didnt expect to see through the commitment.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I think it's WICKED. How many teams have (pretty much) their own name on their shirt sponsor? And in their own colours?

Here you go:

brightonshirt.jpg

If you don't like this, you are a fool.

they aren't an recruitment agency though, just a website on which the agencies advertise. still, money for old rope.
Indeed. I reckon this is a business that will run itself, now it's been set up. Once the website and payment systems are set up, they need no more than two or three people to run a company that already has a turnover of £300,000 a year and - thanks to the sponsorship deal with the Albion - will rapidly grow, without the need to take on extra staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here