Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shipperley

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
But what would be the point of Knight making up stuff over this? What the hell difference does it make if it was Warnock or the player himself that turns us down, it's not going to appease any Brighton fan either way, is it? :rolleyes:

:dunce: It helps DK & MM look better if they give the impression that they are trying hard to sign a striker or 2... I am not convinced... put it this way... there IS a reason for NW to lie, but there is also a reason for DK/MM to lie...

D

Deleted member 2719

Sounds to me as if Warnock is trying to kill speculation now so he can keep Shipperly focused on the task of promotion this year.

With any luck that twat will miss out on promotion and get sacked.

:tosser:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Fragmented Badger said:
On that Seagulls World thing last Friday, Dick Knight said that he still believed we had a very good chance of signing Shipperley and Tom Brighton in the summer. Would Warnock really have changed his mind by then, especially if they dont go up?

They would both be great signings but why would Shipperley want to play for us in league one?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Sneaky George said:
They would both be great signings but why would Shipperley want to play for us in league one?

Would he? He's a good player, but he's not that bloody good. And bear in mind the rest of the team will have to improve to create chances for him because he's not a good enough player to make chances out of nothing...?

??? ???

B.W. said:
:dunce: It helps DK & MM look better if they give the impression that they are trying hard to sign a striker or 2... I am not convinced... put it this way... there IS a reason for NW to lie, but there is also a reason for DK/MM to lie...

Sorry, your point is not clear. Are you saying we didn't try hard to sign Shipperley?

afters said:
so we have one target where his manager keeps saying no, and what do we do? ask again, and again ad nauseam?

crazy.

Isn't that sensible to check again when said manager signs a barrel-load of strikers like Warnock has done recently?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Seagull73 said:
Would he? He's a good player, but he's not that bloody good. And bear in mind the rest of the team will have to improve to create chances for him because he's not a good enough player to make chances out of nothing...?

??? ???

The point is that he's better than the forwards we have now. He's an old fashioned centre forward, target man type, who I could see forming a decent partnership with CKR. If we get Shipperley we should all be very, very pleased. But I just can't see it. Hope I'm wrong.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im still not sure what the big deal is with Tom Brighton? he wasnt good enough for Gillingham and isnt setting the league alight up in Scotland is he?

Mouldy Boots said:
Sounds to me as if Warnock is trying to kill speculation now so he can keep Shipperly focused on the task of promotion this year.

I think that's the likeliest explanation. There is huge pressure at Sheffield at the mo as the chasing pack close in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I think that's the likeliest explanation. There is huge pressure at Sheffield at the mo as the chasing pack close in.

I agree with you sir, I think they will bottle it and allow Watford in.

Kinky Gerbils said:
I agree with you sir, I think they will bottle it and allow Watford in.

I reckon Leeds myself.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
London Irish said:
Sorry, your point is not clear. Are you saying we didn't try hard to sign Shipperley?

How can you try hard in this circumstance though?

DK: Can we sign Neil Shipperley please?
NW: No, he's our top scorer and we are heading for the Premiership.
DK: Oh go on, please...
NW: No.
DK: Pretty please, with a cherry on the top.
NW: For the last time, NO!
DK: Bitch (slams phone down!)

And to your point, no I don't believe we did try THAT hard. There were reasons why we didn't sign anybody other than Henderson in the transfer window, and why loads went out on loan. We are skint, end of!!

And I wish everybody would forget about Shipperley. He isn't coming here and he isn't that good either.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
How can you try hard in this circumstance though?

DK: Can we sign Neil Shipperley please?
NW: No, he's our top scorer and we are heading for the Premiership.
DK: Oh go on, please...
NW: No.
DK: Pretty please, with a cherry on the top.
NW: For the last time, NO!
DK: Bitch (slams phone down!)

And to your point, no I don't believe we did try THAT hard. There were reasons why we didn't sign anybody other than Henderson in the transfer window, and why loads went out on loan. We are skint, end of!!

And I wish everybody would forget about Shipperley. He isn't coming here and he isn't that good either.

Bitch - :lolol:

E

enigma

London Irish said:
I reckon Leeds myself.

Leeds for me as well, think they have a better squad, which will enable them to keep their players fresh during the run-in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here