Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Played for the point and got the point. Definitely no complaints. Can't see us playing that style of football too often under Potter but it's good to know we have the ability to fight when needed. I like the combination of Webster, Duffy and Dunk playing together. IT gives Webster and Dunk lots more time on the ball and space to push forward.
We can't play like that every week though. Shelf united had enough chances to win that. Had we been playing a better team they'd have finished us off when we started to hoof everything clear. But these tactics worked well against Sheff U. Potter had obviously spotted how Sheff U aren't really a great team with the ball, just one who win all the 2nd balls, throw themselves into tackles and show a never give up attitude in how they close down everything. But in technical terms they are not great. So we went there and tried to force them to play by sitting back and allowing them time on the ball. They couldn't invent much other than crosses in which our back 3 did very well in dealing with. Could've nicked a win had Dunk scored but it's very evident we're too good to go down.

Good point.

Looking at the table there aren’t many better ‘teams’

Good point despite what Twaddle continually said on the radio we played it right...SU have got a very good away record...partly because they like teams coming at them..we’d have played right into the hands if we had done that...hard fought result ..now we have to reinvent ourselves next Saturday when we will be looking for all three points

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
70% possession against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But having watched the game, we let them have it in their half and they certainly weren’t passing it about a lot. They are organised and clever at what they do, play to their strengths, but they aren’t a good footballing side.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Just had a look back through this weeks “Team v Sheffield United” thread. There were in the region of 200 team sheets suggested, but I don’t think any of our selections came near to Potters starting eleven.
Predictable he ain’t!!

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We're the only team out of 92 without a win this year? Well done, us!

I was listening to the game on R5L on the way back from Hastings.
All I heard apart from the fabulous equaliser and Albion fans, was that tw@t Waddle, giving his unwanted two penneth of punditry bollox.
Total bell end of the highest order :tosser:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Today was all about not losing (albeit hopefully winning), it was a Hughtonesque performance and we pulled it off. A valuable point, if not an entertaining spectacle.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Today was all about not losing (albeit hopefully winning), it was a Hughtonesque performance and we pulled it off. A valuable point, if not an entertaining spectacle.

I found it very entertaining. Courage under fire.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is the point of VAR, all the controversy and upset, and it is still getting basic decisions wrong.

It's the refs and the rules.

A chainsaw is an excellent tool, in the right hands.

texas.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here