Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would have taken that all day long before it started. Well done lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where’s [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] thread on point gained or two lost? :lolol:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
That's three games on the bounce where we've dug deep and came back to earn a point. :clap2:

Time to take a lead now and hold on to it............................ against Palace will do :albion2:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Graham Potter on the radio now, sucking air through his teeth like some kind of vacuum pump.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On my stream I saw something scrolling across the bottom in a foreign language and it said Wilder Fury and I was thinking why is the Blades manager angry?? D'oh!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Played for the point and got the point. Definitely no complaints. Can't see us playing that style of football too often under Potter but it's good to know we have the ability to fight when needed. I like the combination of Webster, Duffy and Dunk playing together. IT gives Webster and Dunk lots more time on the ball and space to push forward.
We can't play like that every week though. Shelf united had enough chances to win that. Had we been playing a better team they'd have finished us off when we started to hoof everything clear. But these tactics worked well against Sheff U. Potter had obviously spotted how Sheff U aren't really a great team with the ball, just one who win all the 2nd balls, throw themselves into tackles and show a never give up attitude in how they close down everything. But in technical terms they are not great. So we went there and tried to force them to play by sitting back and allowing them time on the ball. They couldn't invent much other than crosses in which our back 3 did very well in dealing with. Could've nicked a win had Dunk scored but it's very evident we're too good to go down.

Good point.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Positive side
A point more than two of the teams below us, two more of the teams below us with tough away games tomorrow. A point against one of the best performing sides in the division this season, who outplayed us at home. A point way from home, having fallen behind.

Negative side
Cheap goal to concede, leading to another game without a clean sheet. Now one win in 12. Didn't sound like we troubled them much (but then, it sounded on the radio like Dunk was in danger of being sent off when he was the victim, so that may not be accurate).

Whilst I agree with most of your points, yes we have only won one in 12. However, we haven't lost many of those matches. The win will come soon. Hopefully next week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Played for the point and got the point. Definitely no complaints. Can't see us playing that style of football too often under Potter but it's good to know we have the ability to fight when needed. I like the combination of Webster, Duffy and Dunk playing together. IT gives Webster and Dunk lots more time on the ball and space to push forward.
We can't play like that every week though. Shelf united had enough chances to win that. Had we been playing a better team they'd have finished us off when we started to hoof everything clear. But these tactics worked well against Sheff U. Potter had obviously spotted how Sheff U aren't really a great team with the ball, just one who win all the 2nd balls, throw themselves into tackles and show a never give up attitude in how they close down everything. But in technical terms they are not great. So we went there and tried to force them to play by sitting back and allowing them time on the ball. They couldn't invent much other than crosses in which our back 3 did very well in dealing with. Could've nicked a win had Dunk scored but it's very evident we're too good to go down.

Good point.

Waddle just said that our back 4 were immense, Potter set out today for a point after us being picked off playing pretty football in other games, we’re no better than West Ham, Bmuff, Villa ... we’re in that category. He can’t see where our run of wins are coming from.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We're lucky that Villa and Bournemouth seem to be giving up without a fight

Thank god they don't get to play us again.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Should have been a red and penalty. They were better side though. Potter had it right. Away at bramble lane need those fighters today good point maybe an important one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here