Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm quite impressed with that. First time this season we've shown real physical and defensive resolve. A Hughtonesque performance. I didn't think we had it in us anymore.

Not a bad point and hopefully a springboard for a win next week against palace.
I agree, a bit of aggression helps a lot.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Great point and we fought really hard for it. Just a shame we are so ponderous going forward and give the ball away far too easily. That said, Shef pressed very well and were usually there for the second ball.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm quite impressed with that. First time this season we've shown real physical and defensive resolve. A Hughtonesque performance. I didn't think we had it in us anymore.

Not a bad point and hopefully a springboard for a win next week against palace.

Very much this. It was nice to play with some pace today. Bring on the palace.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
might be heresy but i think i prefer this kind of battling performance to games where we have 70% possession and do nothing with it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Positive side
A point more than two of the teams below us, two more of the teams below us with tough away games tomorrow. A point against one of the best performing sides in the division this season, who outplayed us at home. A point way from home, having fallen behind.

Negative side
Cheap goal to concede, leading to another game without a clean sheet. Now one win in 12. Didn't sound like we troubled them much (but then, it sounded on the radio like Dunk was in danger of being sent off when he was the victim, so that may not be accurate).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
might be heresy but i think i prefer this kind of battling performance to games where we have 70% possession and do nothing with it
Yep. I'd be quite happy with an effective counter attacking team.....Leicester won the title doing just that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Positive side
A point more than two of the teams below us, two more of the teams below us with tough away games tomorrow. A point against one of the best performing sides in the division this season, who outplayed us at home. A point way from home, having fallen behind.

Negative side
Cheap goal to concede, leading to another game without a clean sheet. Now one win in 12. Didn't sound like we troubled them much (but then, it sounded on the radio like Dunk was in danger of being sent off when he was the victim, so that may not be accurate).

Ref has some Sheffield United family I think

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still a fan of Potterball but pleased to see the change in tactics and personnel today to take on SU in a physical battle. Showed we can dig in when we need to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here