Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed v Leeds

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Does anyone else think this official statement from Leeds might as well say "We know we've got some right wrong'uns following us and they'll be loving tonight's antics"?

Too right - when I read that I pretty much thought the same. Leeds have no idea how much they are despised by the fans of many other clubs. However, personally, I very much hope they don't get banned from their next away game, as the decent Leeds fans create one helluva decent atmosphere.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Originally Posted by RM-Taylor
"Leeds scored, some fans ran on to the pitch and one of them slightly pushed Kirkland in the face, gone down like a sack of shit and stayed down like he'd received a right-hook to the face."

You cannot be serious?

Not like the Ref who got pushed and ran backwards for 30 yards and fell over making out he got punched and hasn't been seen again?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dave Jones seemed to be more annoyed about some chants. I had the volume down during the game so didn't hear any.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Imagine that happening with El Abd and Greer in close attendance.

It'll be the time to prove the 'you need 7 thread' (which I can't be bothered to find without a search function) once and for all.
But then if that did happen and El Abd or Greer stepped in, their would be pricks on here saying they were out of order, and they'd probably get a red card and ban from the FA. Remember that sending off a couple of years ago in that non-league game. Leeds have history. They are a f***ing menace where ever they go. Just ban the lot of them. If it is just the minority, I'm sure they will police it amongst themselves in the future to stop further bans. But then with Leeds its not the minority is it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Dirty Dirty Leeds...... [includes video of Kirkland getting hit by Leeds fan]

Dave Jones seemed to be more annoyed about some chants. I had the volume down during the game so didn't hear any.

By all accounts Wednesday fans were doing turkey chants as well.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
Will leeds be punished ?

what was our punishment when one of our 'fans' attacked ray Wilkins in the orient game at the goldstone ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Dirty Dirty Leeds...... [includes video of Kirkland getting hit by Leeds fan]

That is shocking. How long will it be before a player is actually stabbed by a roll and butter ???

Or worse, an Amex burger. My last one was harder than a lump of granite. One could bludgeon one to death with a single blow.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
After the glorious Olympics and the feel good factor it left, when I watch football I don't see fans enjoying themselves anymore. Just more and more hatred. Vile raw venomous hate. Not all football fans of course, but I feel like the game is going down the pan and is doing itself no favours in attracting the next generation of positive role models.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not quite the same, as trouble follows Leeds around, but yes.

If you ran on the pitch and cost us the game and fans being banned, there would be plenty who would track you down, and kick the abolsute shit out of you. Doubt if you or anyone else would do it again. You only had to look at the reaction he got going into the ground. He was a hero. f***ing wankers the lot of them.

I'd like to think if you did that, you wouldn't make it out of the stand without your own supporter giving you a good f***ing hiding and then handing whats left to the police. Leeds didn't do that, so yes, they deserve to be banned from away grounds.

In truth I can't disagree with that.

These things have a nasty habit of being copied so there has to be a meaningful punishment and a very quick one before the morons who follow all football teams (ours included) get the idea that this sort of behaviour should become flavour of the month. If this or anything like it is repeated elsewhere it will be down to the FA so they have to put a real deterrent in place. Realistically a heavy fine means nothing. Would a ban on away fans work? I'm not sure that the thugs aren't exactly the ones who would find a way round it.

The choices appear to be between effectively doing nothing (the FA's usual action of first resort) or making Leeds play a home game behind closed doors or possibly docking them the points to make a real impact on the idiots. Maybe then the "innocent" fans who are being wrongly punished would think harder about handing over the culprit instead of covering for him. And while they are at it they might re-fit the seats they tore out and threw onto the playing area.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a twat Neil Warnock is. I know not many like him on here, but I always had time for him, but after that, it was only one! Yer, right the others on the pitch surround and those slapping him and smiling at him on the back must have been invisable then.

Dave Jones summed it up. Clapping that f***ing lot after that, and Warnock telling them to clap them. What a first class prick. Hopefully he'll apologise and back track on it.

Bizarrely, I like Warnock too, and he said all the right things, but ruined it with "he (Kirkland) did go down like a ton of bricks, mind!".

Warnock's choice of words was pathetic .... the unsuspecting and shocked Kirkland had been with the full thrust of a double armed smash into his face, and his neck rocked back too.

Very naive police and stewarding in such a game.

Leeds must be punished. Not just the thug. The nasty side that follow them, mean this wasn't a single rogue.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else think this official statement from Leeds might as well say "We know we've got some right wrong'uns following us and they'll be loving tonight's antics"?

Just realistic. One poster in one of these threads suggested if a brighton fan did that to speroni there would be some brighton fans enjoying it. I would agree with that. Every club has those fans who think hooliganism is part and parcel of proper football, not this namby pamby sky premier league stuff where you're not even allowed to tackle any more, and their statement reflects the realities of football today.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wouldn't really say it was much force, you see a lot worse in the bar queue trying to get a drink out in Cleethorpes.

You have watched it haven't you

Wonder what our fans reaction would be if someone did that to Speroni at Selhurst.

Do you seriously think we would cheer it, well you might but I would expect large % of our fans would want him strung up

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And just think how some of the old ladies on here got their drawers in a bunch because one of our fans was shouting and gesticulating at falmer station after the Birmingham game.

Puts it in perspective doesn't it ladies.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here