Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shef Wednesday game on Sky [merged threads]

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
So you are saying, that I should cancel any work I have for Monday, that will prevent me going, and save up the small amount of money I have to go to the game. I can only afford going to about 1 or 2 home games a month at the mo. I try to go to games at the mo, when I have the money. But according to Piers, its not enough to escape being a armchair fan

:eek: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
For those who travel (albeit ocasionally I spose) it's a right SHITTER. This game is probably the best one this season and moving it has ruined a good day out for hundreds of fans so take you happy smilies elsewhere. Jeez.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Strike said:
So you are saying, that I should cancel any work I have for Monday, that will prevent me going, and save up the small amount of money I have to go to the game. I can only afford going to about 1 or 2 home games a month at the mo. I try to go to games at the mo, when I have the money. But according to Piers, its not enough to escape being a armchair fan

:eek: :lolol:

Go back to the BNP website Charles.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody is asking you to stop being an armchair fan Charles but please have enough sense not to gloat about being able to see the game when a lot of people were looking forward to this one. If you're happy about it then fair enough but enough of this clappy bullshit.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Uncle Buck said:
I guess at Southampton that might teach you the art of conversation, rather than using cyber similies and spending your life on MSN.

Funny enough I am actully hoping to make that game on January 2nd, as it will be my birthday.

Anyway I feel sorry for u Piers and other away regulars really, for some of the stuff u have to go thorough.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Thanks for you input Steve...

Depends what ticket you have got, but you should get something back.

I've got a Standard Capital, which was very cheap.

It seems train refunds seem to work that the cheaper ticket you have, the less chance of a refund you get - so I'm not optimistic, but shit happens :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:
I guess at Southampton that might teach you the art of conversation, rather than using cyber similies and spending your life on MSN.

ok mr 6000 posts.

im not quite sure about the similies pop though.

ps i can see you from my seat at withdean. if your not careful i might have to look at you and think nasty thoughts. :wave:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Thankfully, as I don't live too far away from Sheffield I can still make it.

However, Sky are a right bunch of tossers. How hard can it be to decide which games to show as soon as the fixtures are announced? (I concede that nearer the end of the season it may be prudent to leave decisions later to show games which still mean something).

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Have to say, I'm well chuffed. I was going to miss this one, as only fly back from holiday on the Sunday. I'll be there on the monday night - love away games in Sheffield, great city to go to.

Definitely gonna hammer the away attendance down though - how many do you reckon will turn up - 5/600?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
How many games are we live on sky?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
f*** THAT :( i was well up for that game :angry:

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bugger, was looking forward to this one.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
That is utter pig sh1te. 4 and a half weeks notice. To get the train deals you have to book weeks in advance. I hope SKY go bust. Brighton, or Hastings in my case, to Sheffield on a Monday really easy - Hope whoever planned this gets stuck in St leonards after the last train

Sky driving the real fans away again, who cares if people have booked their train tickets as long as

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Braders7 said:
2 - Sheff Wednesday away and P*l*ce at home

I thought Hull at home was on sky as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here