Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Wright-Phillips, you WASTER

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a f***ing WASTE of time SWP signing for Chelsea was. Where right now he could have been playing week-in week-out for Man City, picking up more valuable Premiership experience and showing what he could do for England, instead he's getting (at best) 20 minute cameos here and there, and kicking his heels the rest of the time. Entirely predictable. Chelsea f***ed up Scott Parkers England chances in the run-up to Euro 2004 when he had an excellent chance of making the squad (I remember thinking how stupid he was to join them at the time, as even without his injuries it was obvious he'd sink without a trace there), and now the same is happening to SWP.

Its getting to the stage now where players are putting the big £££ before their England ambitions, and that SUCKS the big one. SWP had YEARS in front of him to make his big money move. He could've stayed at Man City under the watchful gaze of Stuart Pearce and really developed his career. Instead, in the run-up to a World Cup, he's made a grand total of 6 starts this season and 11 substitute appearances. So one of Englands brightest young talents is basically wasting away in the Chelsea reserves this season.

Thats RUBBISH, that is.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
i was thinkingh the same thing about Adam Virgo

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Should've moved to Arsenal if he was going to go anywhere.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
What a f***ing WASTE of time SWP signing for Chelsea was. Where right now he could have been playing week-in week-out for Man City, picking up more valuable Premiership experience and showing what he could do for England, instead he's getting (at best) 20 minute cameos here and there, and kicking his heels the rest of the time. Entirely predictable. Chelsea f***ed up Scott Parkers England chances in the run-up to Euro 2004 when he had an excellent chance of making the squad (I remember thinking how stupid he was to join them at the time, as even without his injuries it was obvious he'd sink without a trace there), and now the same is happening to SWP.

Its getting to the stage now where players are putting the big £££ before their England ambitions, and that SUCKS the big one. SWP had YEARS in front of him to make his big money move. He could've stayed at Man City under the watchful gaze of Stuart Pearce and really developed his career. Instead, in the run-up to a World Cup, he's made a grand total of 6 starts this season and 11 substitute appearances. So one of Englands brightest young talents is basically wasting away in the Chelsea reserves this season.

Thats RUBBISH, that is.

Absolutely and totally agree !!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Easy 10 said:

Thats RUBBISH, that is.

:clap:

Jul 20, 2003
his brother's bench warming at City's disappointing as well

11 sub appearances and 1 goal so far this season

surely young Bradley could gain some experience going out on loan to a Championship team?

C.D.A.J.?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Don't think he will see the season out with Chelsea. Not as a permanent move, but temporary to another club for 1st team experience in the run up to the World Cup.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Totally agree. As Man City fan Simon Hattenstone wrote in the Guardian recently, he (tellingly) seems to have stopped smiling completely. Not that bothered about England myself but I actually found myself watching MotD last season just to see what miracles he'd performed this week.

Jul 20, 2003
SWP has played in 24 of Chelsea's games this season - (only 8 starts) - plus three England caps

no goals

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
SWP has been told that he is not allowed to leave on loan as well. What a prat. He has obviously taken advise from some GREEDY people.

:rolleyes:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I am led to believe that the "not leaving on loan" may be up for negotiation. He didn't play over the Christmas period, and if another team comes in offering to pay his wages for the rest of the season, Chelski may take it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Truth is, he'll almost certainly make the England squad anyway. But what use will he be if he's only made, say, a dozen starts all season ? You could say he'll be "fresh" I suppose, but if a player isn't playing regularly, he loses his edge and he loses his sharpness. It really pisses me off, because this lad could be a big, BIG player for his country and should really be pushing Beckham hard right now for a starting role on the right. But if the 2nd half of this season follows the course of the first, then all he'll be is a squad player doomed to cameo roles for club and country, and I think he should be far, far better than that.

I dunno who's more culpable - SWP or Chelsea. I suppose they're both equally to blame. Sure he probably doubled his wage in one fell swoop, but at what cost to his playing career ?
Bummer.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just goes to show how some players put money before their country, he must have known he wouldn't get many starts when he signed

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Easy 10 said:

I dunno who's more culpable - SWP or Chelsea. I suppose they're both equally to blame. Sure he probably doubled his wage in one fell swoop, but at what cost to his playing career ?
Bummer.

I don't know what Chelsea can be blamed for. They've got a good squad player and stopped him playing for someone else - smart move.

The simple reason is: SWP would rather earn more money than play regularly..as would 99% of pros.

Funny how some people on the board think that this doesn't apply to BHA and that people would take low salaries to come here because they'd be guaranteed a place in the team.

So if you're looking for culpable people it's obviously McGhee and Dick Knight. :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gwylan said:
I don't know what Chelsea can be blamed for. They've got a good squad player and stopped him playing for someone else - smart move.

The simple reason is: SWP would rather earn more money than play regularly..as would 99% of pros.
I see what you're saying, but its depressing how the likes of Chelsea are now in a position to sign absolutely anyone they want, and exceptional talents like SWP are in danger of sinkking without a trace. The flipside is the fact that Cole, Lampard and Terry are doing so fantastically well there (and those three would make my England starting lineup every single time). But it strikes me that Chelsea is NOT the club to join if you are an up-and-coming young player looking to make a name for yourself in the Prem. If you'er not already close to being the finished product by the time you arrive at the Bridge, then forget it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here