Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful Tweet from "Comedy" Steve

Stumpy Tim

Shameful tweet from him, given 12 are dead and figure expected to top 100 - more than 7/7

"Australia! Stretch your rain out over a year like Britain does, instead of having it all in 3 days, which might backfire."

Yeah nice one mate. I have friends up there who have lost their homes, friends elderly relatives who they can't contact as all Comms are down, and colleagues who can't get food or clean water.

Very classy fella

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its not exactly taking the piss out of any individuals is it?

Its definatly not any worse than any other comedian would say.

Stumpy Tim

Of course I am. I'm sorry, is that funny? Would it be funny if he was joking about bombs on 7/7. Really poor effort, but I guess acceptable because he's on the the side of the world.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
In defence of the bloke, there’s always someone at the butt of a comedian’s joke.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Shameful tweet from him, given 12 are dead and figure expected to top 100 - more than 7/7

"Australia! Stretch your rain out over a year like Britain does, instead of having it all in 3 days, which might backfire."

Yeah nice one mate. I have friends up there who have lost their homes, friends elderly relatives who they can't contact as all Comms are down, and colleagues who can't get food or clean water.

Very classy fella

I actually thought yeah, kinda funny.

And he's not directly said that the deaths are funny. He's made an (i think accurate) statement that this rain is a very large amount, and the said how there isn't any rain at any other time. Stereotypical? Sure. Bad taste? Maybe. Directly insulting the families of those who died? No way.

Dec 24, 2010
I've seen/heard much much worse. That wouldn't even get you a ban on here and you get banned for farting now.

Stumpy Tim

Yes it is. It's not his fault that you live in Australia and happen to be following his tweets.

Are you serious? So if an Ozzie started taking the piss on the same day (in fact, as it was happening) as terrorists blew up the Underground you would say that was fair enough. Because he's a "comedian"... Just to be clear, it's being said that DOUBLE the amount of people who died on 7/7 will die in these floods. Families have been wiped out.

Sep 1, 2010
Where is the acceptable timeline to tell a joke though, 'Lady Diana' jokes were a big no no for ages but now...........When Michael Jackson died i got a joke text within 10 mins(although not a funny one). When is it okay to tell a joke about a disaster

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where is the acceptable timeline to tell a joke though, 'Lady Diana' jokes were a big no no for ages but now...........When Michael Jackson died i got a joke text within 10 mins(although not a funny one). When is it okay to tell a joke about a disaster
Good point, to be fair. But IMO it should be well after they've finished finalizing the death toll.

For me, that is why this is in poor taste, and I'm not one for being easily offended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here