Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sh*t or bust for Poyet

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
WW... Our resident Shock Jock. He's the Adrian Durham of NSC

You would hope that is the motivation as being as mean mouthed and negative abput someting you profess to love must make for a pretty impoverished way of living.
I remember WW as being much happier when we were struggling in League 1 ....... perhaps that is what he needs as a comfort zone in order to best display his superiority as a football thinker? Or maybe he is just all round sad :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
7th, with our squad is underachieving is it? Dear oh dear, you really do need a hefty dose of reality. Yes we have a nasty habit of dropping points late, but underachieving? Seriously, get a grip.

Sorry but we are. <<<<----- full stop.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There's only 6 teams better than us at present. :shrug: No doubt they have good squads too. :shrug: Football isn't exactly an exact science.

Nope not on paper. Yes games are not won on paper but its a very VERY strong squad we have now.

Jul 27, 2012
I am the little troll; A wind up merchant if you will.
I pray upon your passions, for the cheapest of thrills.
I trade upon half-truths and your insecurities,
I have many guises and you know it’s just a bit of a tease; You may think I’m stupid but I may have several degrees…
But you will never know, as I hide behind these keys.
I may be sad or lonely, I may be strong and wise; The beauty of my darkness… The replies, the replies.
So humour me mere mortals, You are all so kind. And spot me if you can, I am a legend in my own mind.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am the little troll; A wind up merchant if you will.
I pray upon your passions, for the cheapest of thrills.
I trade upon half-truths and your insecurities,
I have many guises and you know it’s just a bit of a tease; You may think I’m stupid but I may have several degrees…
But you will never know, as I hide behind these keys.
I may be sad or lonely, I may be strong and wise; The beauty of my darkness… The replies, the replies.
So humour me mere mortals, You are all so kind. And spot me if you can, I am a legend in my own mind.

You do wonder what bizarre thrill WW gets out of this. He is the very worst type of Brit (assuming he is a Brit).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cardiff's starting 11 in their last game
1. Marshall (regular in the scoland national squad, champions league and scottish prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
2. McNaughton (SPL experience, promotion chasing experience, international experience)
3. Taylor (prem experience with middlesbrough, play off casing experience with cardiff, european experience, U21 international)
5. Hudson (prem experience, play off chase exp with cardiff)
12. Connolly (prem experience, former arsenal, championship promotion experience)
7. Whittinham (prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
11. Conway (SPL experience, scottish international, promotion chasing experience)
13. Kim Bo-Kyung (South Korean interntional and olympian)
17. Gunnarsson (U21 international, full international, promotion chasing experience)
14. Smith (Prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
20. Mason (championship pedigree, promotion chasing experience)

Didn't include
Bellamy (international, prem) , Cowie (international), Mutch (Prem, european), Earnshaw (international, prem), Helguson (Promotion, Prem, International)

Leicester's starting 11 in their last game
1. Schmeichel (Prem, SPL, Europe, Interaional)
2. De Laet (Prem, Man Utd)
3. Konchesky (Prem, Europe, International)
5. Morgan (L1 and Champ experience, like say, El Abd, Barnes, Dicker, CMS...)
15. Keane (Man Utd - cup appearances)
4. Drinkwater (Man Utd - match day squad, promotion chasing experience with Cardiff)
7. Marshall (L1 and Champ experience, like say, El Abd, Barnes, Dicker, CMS...)
10. King (international, championship pedigree)
24. Knockaert
35. Nugent (Prem, international)
39. Wood (Prem, Europe, International)

Didn't include:
St Ledger (international), Waghorn (Prem), Gallagher (Prem, Europe)

Hull's starting 11 in their last game
1. Jakupovic (europe, international)
2. Rosenier (Prem)
5. Chester (Man U prem match squad, cup appearance, promotion chasing experience)
15. McShane (Prem, champions league match day squad with Man U, Promotion chase
28. Bruce (Prem, international)
10. Koren (Championship promotion, Prem, International)
16. Olofinjana (Prem, International)
29. Quin (Prem)
31. Meyler (Prem, International)
30. Brady (Man U - cup, international)
33. Proschwitz

Didn't include:
Faye (Prem, International), Simpson (arsenal - squad member, prem), Dawson (Prem), Stockdale (Prem, Europe, International squad)

I got bored after that. Some people seem to forget we're not the only team on the pitch.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why so pessimistic??

Firstly, Gus has openly said, we are drawing too many games, so he is fully aware we are capable of being higher in the table.

Secondly, the players you have listed have not all been fit every game!?

And we are not the only club to have a really strong squad, if you listed every teams best players, including clubs below us, they would have players with great experience/potential.

We are not bottom of the league, we are in with a realistic shout of the playoffs.....we are higher placed than we finished last year. That is progression and I think most fans are very happy with that!

With Murray, none of us know 100% what happened and why we didn't sign him up and how much he asked for etc......also Gus didn't know how successful he would be in his first stint in the championship......Gus's answer was, to sign the one player who scored more than him in that season winning season, Craig Mackail-Smith.

Cardiff seem to be breezing the league this year, but look how many strong squads and seasons it took them to get it right.

You're glass doesn't have to be half empty pal, there is so much to be happy, proud, optimistic about

In Gus we (I) trust........
good post :thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cardiff's starting 11 in their last game
1. Marshall (regular in the scoland national squad, champions league and scottish prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
2. McNaughton (SPL experience, promotion chasing experience, international experience)
3. Taylor (prem experience with middlesbrough, play off casing experience with cardiff, european experience, U21 international)
5. Hudson (prem experience, play off chase exp with cardiff)
12. Connolly (prem experience, former arsenal, championship promotion experience)
7. Whittinham (prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
11. Conway (SPL experience, scottish international, promotion chasing experience)
13. Kim Bo-Kyung (South Korean interntional and olympian)
17. Gunnarsson (U21 international, full international, promotion chasing experience)
14. Smith (Prem experience, promotion chasing experience)
20. Mason (championship pedigree, promotion chasing experience)

Didn't include
Bellamy (international, prem) , Cowie (international), Mutch (Prem, european), Earnshaw (international, prem), Helguson (Promotion, Prem, International)

Leicester's starting 11 in their last game
1. Schmeichel (Prem, SPL, Europe, Interaional)
2. De Laet (Prem, Man Utd)
3. Konchesky (Prem, Europe, International)
5. Morgan (L1 and Champ experience, like say, El Abd, Barnes, Dicker, CMS...)
15. Keane (Man Utd - cup appearances)
4. Drinkwater (Man Utd - match day squad, promotion chasing experience with Cardiff)
7. Marshall (L1 and Champ experience, like say, El Abd, Barnes, Dicker, CMS...)
10. King (international, championship pedigree)
24. Knockaert
35. Nugent (Prem, international)
39. Wood (Prem, Europe, International)

Didn't include:
St Ledger (international), Waghorn (Prem), Gallagher (Prem, Europe)

Hull's starting 11 in their last game
1. Jakupovic (europe, international)
2. Rosenier (Prem)
5. Chester (Man U prem match squad, cup appearance, promotion chasing experience)
15. McShane (Prem, champions league match day squad with Man U, Promotion chase
28. Bruce (Prem, international)
10. Koren (Championship promotion, Prem, International)
16. Olofinjana (Prem, International)
29. Quin (Prem)
31. Meyler (Prem, International)
30. Brady (Man U - cup, international)
33. Proschwitz

Didn't include:
Faye (Prem, International), Simpson (arsenal - squad member, prem), Dawson (Prem), Stockdale (Prem, Europe, International squad)

I got bored after that. Some people seem to forget we're not the only team on the pitch.

Think our starting 11 is as good and probably better than any of those teams..... Close though and a team like Cardiff have had a long time to gel.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Think our starting 11 is as good and probably better than any of those teams..... Close though and a team like Cardiff have had a long time to gel.

You would, though. You're a brighton fan, so would I, and most people on here.

But those line ups show, while our squad has some prem experience (or equivalent), some european, some international, so do other teams. There is a wealth of experience in those teams that is equal or greater than in ours. That's just the top three, before I got bored. I didn't even go to the likes of Blackburn, Wolves, Bolton, Blackpool, Birmingham who would all, I think, show similar levels of experience, but greater levels of capitulation showing experience isn't the only important measure. When it comes to experience, we're not special. We don't have a divine right to win any match just because Bruno played in the champions league, or because Bridge used to play for England.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Nope not on paper. Yes games are not won on paper but its a very VERY strong squad we have now.

But again, I ask..... who acquired this excellent squad?

Who turned the likes of Adam El Abd from an ongoing League One joke into an accomplished Championship defender?

Who signed a Plymouth reject not good enough to score a single goal for SALISBURY CITY and TORQUAY UNITED in 11 matches, and turned him into a brilliant League One striker and effective Championship player?

Who spent barely a PITTANCE on the collective quality of Orlandi, Bruno, Lopez, Kuzscack etc?

Who persuaded England internationals to come here on loan?

The simple fact is that we would not be able to attract anywhere near the quality of these players with most other managers in this division.

Gus is a victim of his own success. I personally believe, on performances ALONE, we should be top of the table at the moment. But the very reason the performances are so incredible is because of the manager. If you want to criticise the manager for "underachievement" then surely you have to recognise that he has put together the squad, and he has implemented the stunning style of play that actually has us in CONTENTION for the playoffs.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I do like a wind-up merchant when they are funny and I have to say that WW has been pretty poor at times. But that list of players and their experience concluding with "and Ashley Barnes" did make me laugh.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
It's very rare, infact I'd say this is the 1st time that I have agreed on everything that you have just said.

Totally agree with WW. Too many fans on this board are happy dozing in the bright lights of the new stadium with the light sound of tippy tappy football on a Saturday afternoon helping to get them off to sleep. At least, I assume that's what the WSU are doing??

Decent post, and if I was Mr Bloom I would want to see a pretty rapid ROI.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
But again, I ask..... who acquired this excellent squad?

Who turned the likes of Adam El Abd from an ongoing League One joke into an accomplished Championship defender?

Who signed a Plymouth reject not good enough to score a single goal for SALISBURY CITY and TORQUAY UNITED in 11 matches, and turned him into a brilliant League One striker and effective Championship player?

Who spent barely a PITTANCE on the collective quality of Orlandi, Bruno, Lopez, Kuzscack etc?

Who persuaded England internationals to come here on loan?

The simple fact is that we would not be able to attract anywhere near the quality of these players with most other managers in this division.

Gus is a victim of his own success. I personally believe, on performances ALONE, we should be top of the table at the moment. But the very reason the performances are so incredible is because of the manager. If you want to criticise the manager for "underachievement" then surely you have to recognise that he has put together the squad, and he has implemented the stunning style of play that actually has us in CONTENTION for the playoffs.

Might be a good time to update the avatar?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Do not want to be accused of trolling but when I first saw to OP's comments I found I agreed with some. I asked myself does that look like a squad capable of getting into the top 6? Who knows, but possibly.
Then I asked myself Does that look like a squad that will be relegated in the PL by Xmas? My answer was definitely yes.
It doesn't really matter to me if we get relegated in the first year as long as the £30 odd million is invested in the squad in order for us to get up and stay up.
I think Gus is doing a good job and needs to finish strongly, if we don't go up np, but I do think we, as supporters of BHA over estimate by far the strength of our squad, but that is only natural.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here