Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sh*t or bust for Poyet

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
:facepalm: AT WHAT POINT WILL THE LOSS BE A PROBLEM?

It clearly isn't that big a problem if all the major clubs operate at a loss, and the ones above us and many below at a significantly greater loss. It is worrying from a fan's perspective undeniably because we have seen other clubs tumble however we have a good owner in Tony Bloom, and im more than certain he and his advisors at the club like Barber will assist him in reducing the loss to fit with ffp. We have huge attendances, an expanding fan base, and the infrastructure that allows us to push for the premiership. If we keep going to matches and buying programmes food etc we will boost our club and i for one intend to keep doing it. Also surely we are now a club on someone's radar to invest money in... we have a brand new top-notch stadium, good base of support, lovely city in which to live and prospects of the top league.. i mean if QPR, Blackburn, Watford have received considerable investment in the past surely we could. Not saying it would be the best thing but it gets you thinking.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
We really don't know the story about Dobbie so you may have a point but we just don't know. What that list does say is that we are now attracting players of calibre which we were not able to before Gus pitched up & turned things around. We knew this was a 5 year project so failure if measured by that FACT will be judged over that time frame. That's what I think.

Thus far it's a bloody success, we are there or there abouts so........................It ain't sh*t & it definitely isn't bust.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I say you are miserable and wrong!

- Murray was not our best player. Some games at the Withdean you wouldn't even know he was on the pitch, he was so lazy and anonymous sometimes (too often).

- Dobbie was shocking, end of story, a yard too slow.

- Our current team is very exciting and could easily be contending for promotion this year IMHO.

That is all. What's not to be positive about?

You make very good points!

it clearly isn't that big a problem if all the major clubs operate at a loss, and the ones above us and many below at a significantly greater loss. It is worrying from a fan's perspective undeniably because we have seen other clubs tumble however we have a good owner in tony bloom, and im more than certain he and his advisors at the club like barber will assist him in reducing the loss to fit with ffp. We have huge attendances, an expanding fan base, and the infrastructure that allows us to push for the premiership. If we keep going to matches and buying programmes food etc we will boost our club and i for one intend to keep doing it. Also surely we are now a club on someone's radar to invest money in... We have a brand new top-notch stadium, good base of support, lovely city in which to live and prospects of the top league.. I mean if qpr, blackburn, watford have received considerable investment in the past surely we could. Not saying it would be the best thing but it gets you thinking.

The worry is we have record crowds we are selling huge amounts of food and the shop seems to be rammed every match day but we are still losing millions,ever thought crowds could go down???? Tony Bloom is a good guy and also a very astute in money matters but he ain't no oil billionaire,he can't carry the club losing money at this rate:(

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It used to be sort of funny as he at least had SOME ground to dig out a complaint to base a fishing thread on.

However, when he's now having to scrape the barrel to start a thread, it genuinly concerns you that THIS is one of the highlights of his life.

It's clearly all a big joke. However the joke isn't funny anymore.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Get yourself a girlfriend.

Oh dear flawful girlfriend of mine,

Will you ever learn. The toast was over-crisp. I could see clearly the callous scraping that had been undertaken to release the burnt rot you'd allowed to cake the surface of each slice. We have a toaster approved by European regulations, a gift i bought for you to aid your training in the basics of kitchening. Peer into its slots and you'll not find a crumb within. Simply a pure reflection of your own puzzled and mordant features. Do you need me to sellotape down the settings so that not a fragment of my regular breakfast is charred? You know full well that if it were the toaster to blame i would be on to them like a burning rod, but clearly this is all down to you. AGAIN. I have warned you of attempting to hide your sins by dumping them in the bin-baggage i provide. I am a close inspector and my x-ray machine and trained rat will identify any misbecomings inside for which you shall be lectured upon at punishing length.
Now, the beans themselves. Baked beans, for god's sake. Baked! How difficult can that be? Open the tin with the simple finger-pulls these tins now have. Have the pan slightly warmed for their arrival. Pour in the beans and never turn the hobflame up above half of its capabilities. They are to be simmered and stirred. NOT BLOODY WELL BOILED AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT. And, have you heard of a wooden spoon? I could taste the metal fork you'd useto detach the firmly-glued haricots to the base of the wit. REVOLTING. I have informed you innumerous times, 87 if you make me count, of the administering of beans per slice. I DO NOT exact you to get get it bean per slice correct, but i DO NOT ACCEPT THE ONE-SIDED CHUNKY DOSAGE YOU'D ADMINISTERED. And don't get me started on the sloppy sauce delivery, which was nothing like the perfectly round moat i expect around each breadpiece. Shocking.

What i do not understand is how you CLAIM to have read the job description of being my lover and punishee, yet fail on a daily basis to carry out the basic 318 tasks asked, nay DEMANDED, of you. You were clearly the best of a bad bunch from the interview process. I dread to imagine how badly misfed i would be if that hook-handed Gloria had been selected. Thank heavens for the assault course and falcon-nursing section. Still, you currently bring HEINOUS shame to the role you were hired to perform. My patience is withering and i shall not put up with these misdemeanours for much longer. Back to your hovel you will descend. The advert will be sent out and replacement YOU found in seconds.

Now, back to the typewriter with you to continue my autobiography entitled NUMBER ONE FAN AND TOP DOG BOYF. Words don't type themselves you know.

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
I say you are miserable and wrong!

- Murray was not our best player. Some games at the Withdean you wouldn't even know he was on the pitch, he was so lazy and anonymous sometimes (too often).

- Dobbie was shocking, end of story, a yard too slow.

- Our current team is very exciting and could easily be contending for promotion this year IMHO.

That is all. What's not to be positive about?

Spot on....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just because its WW.

He is RIGHT tho. With the SQUAD we have WE ARE underachieving. None of this look where we were 10 years ago with Santos and Marney if my granny had balls she would be my grandad bollocks. Bolton game, Wolves, Brum etc etc its TREND and NOT a one off. We now have TOP TOP LEVEL experience. This means we should AT WORST be sixth and in all honesty third.

Still a long way to go granted BUT at present NOT GOOD ENOUGH WITH HE SQUAD WE HAVE.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh dear flawful girlfriend of mine,

Will you ever learn. The toast was over-crisp. I could see clearly the callous scraping that had been undertaken to release the burnt rot you'd allowed to cake the surface of each slice. We have a toaster approved by European regulations, a gift i bought for you to aid your training in the basics of kitchening. Peer into its slots and you'll not find a crumb within. Simply a pure reflection of your own puzzled and mordant features. Do you need me to sellotape down the settings so that not a fragment of my regular breakfast is charred? You know full well that if it were the toaster to blame i would be on to them like a burning rod, but clearly this is all down to you. AGAIN. I have warned you of attempting to hide your sins by dumping them in the bin-baggage i provide. I am a close inspector and my x-ray machine and trained rat will identify any misbecomings inside for which you shall be lectured upon at punishing length.
Now, the beans themselves. Baked beans, for god's sake. Baked! How difficult can that be? Open the tin with the simple finger-pulls these tins now have. Have the pan slightly warmed for their arrival. Pour in the beans and never turn the hobflame up above half of its capabilities. They are to be simmered and stirred. NOT BLOODY WELL BOILED AND FORGOTTEN ABOUT. And, have you heard of a wooden spoon? I could taste the metal fork you'd useto detach the firmly-glued haricots to the base of the wit. REVOLTING. I have informed you innumerous times, 87 if you make me count, of the administering of beans per slice. I DO NOT exact you to get get it bean per slice correct, but i DO NOT ACCEPT THE ONE-SIDED CHUNKY DOSAGE YOU'D ADMINISTERED. And don't get me started on the sloppy sauce delivery, which was nothing like the perfectly round moat i expect around each breadpiece. Shocking.

What i do not understand is how you CLAIM to have read the job description of being my lover and punishee, yet fail on a daily basis to carry out the basic 318 tasks asked, nay DEMANDED, of you. You were clearly the best of a bad bunch from the interview process. I dread to imagine how badly misfed i would be if that hook-handed Gloria had been selected. Thank heavens for the assault course and falcon-nursing section. Still, you currently bring HEINOUS shame to the role you were hired to perform. My patience is withering and i shall not put up with these misdemeanours for much longer. Back to your hovel you will descend. The advert will be sent out and replacement YOU found in seconds.

Now, back to the typewriter with you to continue my autobiography entitled NUMBER ONE FAN AND TOP DOG BOYF. Words don't type themselves you know.

If only all members of NSC were Meade's Ball

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just because its WW.

He is RIGHT tho. With the SQUAD we have WE ARE underachieving. None of this look where we were 10 years ago with Santos and Marney if my granny had balls she would be my grandad bollocks. Bolton game, Wolves, Brum etc etc its TREND and NOT a one off. We now have TOP TOP LEVEL experience. This means we should AT WORST be sixth and in all honesty third.

Still a long way to go granted BUT at present NOT GOOD ENOUGH WITH HE SQUAD WE HAVE.

There's only 6 teams better than us at present. :shrug: No doubt they have good squads too. :shrug: Football isn't exactly an exact science.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well if Dobbie had just come into form I thank god we have offloaded him, I wanted him to be good and that shot against Leeds could have dropped a foot and gone it and that well taken goal v Peterborough were the high points, then his display at Charlton, that was probably the worst display for a forward I have seen in many a year. Who really cares if he scores a hattrick on Saturday if we get to the playoffs because we offloaded a high wage earner to shore up the defence then so what.

Personally I think it is funny that the only two players Palace's millions have attracted are Phillips and Dobbie. We have nothing to fear in March.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Just because its WW.

7th, with our squad is underachieving is it? Dear oh dear, you really do need a hefty dose of reality. Yes we have a nasty habit of dropping points late, but underachieving? Seriously, get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here