Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven in the shit again

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't buy this you cant change before the W/cup,like to see Venables back! I think his tactics and game plan is sharper then Sven,s and i really do wonder, do the players respect Sven. I can't see us winning the W/cup,however we do have some players that make us a good outside bet,Terry,Lampard,Robinson,Owen,Rooney and Gerrard to name a few. When was the last time we had that many?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
NMH said:
I for one, believe that Hoddle or Bobby Robson would have bought home the World Cup last time, with the scalps of Brazil and the pathetic Germany hanging on his belt.

But hoddle is a c.unt and always will be one.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ernest said:
Now the Swedish CRETIN has said Premiership teams are taking BUNGS and one team in particular are always with their hands out.

SACK the Scandinavian CLOWN now and get a decent TRIED and TESTED English manager in NOW :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oi Din, What has he done wrong then?
Revealed corruption?
Sake

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
NMH said:
Every side we play in WC competition is 'well up' for the England game.
How and why can you consider any British Isles teams of any danger to us? They are weaker than us by far, and we know all about them so they shouldn't be able to surprise us.

Swain Boring Irksome has won nothing with England. I for one, believe that Hoddle or Bobby Robson would have bought home the World Cup last time, with the scalps of Brazil and the pathetic Germany hanging on his belt.

We were awful under Hoddle with probably as good a squad of players. Bobby Robson's record for his first three tournaments was:not qualify, quart-finals, and lose every game in group stages; sven's is quarter-final and semi-final

El Presidente said:
Neither have Robson, Hoddle, Keegan, Greenwood, Taylor, Revie and errrr Howard Wilkinson!

I think we can say that Robson and Hoddle got us close, to the point that we were feeling robbed by refs, desparately unlucky, or at least a penalty shoot-out away from greater success. Hoddle also won the Tournoi de France - meaningless as it was, we were OUTSTANDING and created the litmus for the next WC, for our passing and complete football. In most opinions we got screwed v Argentina, playing with 10 men for most of the game, outplaying them and scoring a goal that was controversially disallowed.

Sven got us to the quarters of two competitions (which we would normally be expected to get to even if your Gran was the manager). Sticking with Seaman until he cost us too dearly to carry on being the England goallie was perhaps understandable. Sticking with David James was NOT a successful tactic. "let's just play the weak link until he costs us a major trophy"??
Swain Boring has bumbled and blithered his way through. He's emotionless where emotion is required. Having the luxury of 45+minutes to adjust tactics against Brazil when it was glaringly obvious we lacked energy and ideas, same against Portugal when we lost the midfield once Rooney went off injured.

This close to a World Cup, NO SENSIBLE PLAYER IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to speak out against the muppet. They would be STUPID to jeapardise their place in a World Cup squad by speaking out against Swain. "I have no problem with the manager" is the correct thing to say Rio, even though the Swedish hired-hand with your England future called you lazy. Same for Michael, even though he threatened your football career with your new club and rabid fanbase by saying to some unknown stranger that you don't want to play for their beloved club that put out multi-millions for you.

Swain has clearly and embarrassingly abused his position, run his boring mouth, shown his true lack of colours.
FACT.

keaton said:
We were awful under Hoddle with probably as good a squad of players. Bobby Robson's record for his first three tournaments was:not qualify, quart-finals, and lose every game in group stages; sven's is quarter-final and semi-final

The first sentance was wrong, and the last was too - so I won't bother looking up Robson's record to refute the rest of that.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
NMH said:
I think we can say that Robson and Hoddle got us close, to the point that we were feeling robbed by refs, desparately unlucky, or at least a penalty shoot-out away from greater success. Hoddle also won the Tournoi de France - meaningless as it was, we were OUTSTANDING and created the litmus for the next WC, for our passing and complete football. In most opinions we got screwed v Argentina, playing with 10 men for most of the game, outplaying them and scoring a goal that was controversially disallowed.

Sven got us to the quarters of two competitions (which we would normally be expected to get to even if your Gran was the manager). Sticking with Seaman until he cost us too dearly to carry on being the England goallie was perhaps understandable. Sticking with David James was NOT a successful tactic. "let's just play the weak link until he costs us a major trophy"??
Swain Boring has bumbled and blithered his way through. He's emotionless where emotion is required. Having the luxury of 45+minutes to adjust tactics against Brazil when it was glaringly obvious we lacked energy and ideas, same against Portugal when we lost the midfield once Rooney went off injured.

This close to a World Cup, NO SENSIBLE PLAYER IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to speak out against the muppet. They would be STUPID to jeapardise their place in a World Cup squad by speaking out against Swain. "I have no problem with the manager" is the correct thing to say Rio, even though the Swedish hired-hand with your England future called you lazy. Same for Michael, even though he threatened your football career with your new club and rabid fanbase by saying to some unknown stranger that you don't want to play for their beloved club that put out multi-millions for you.

Swain has clearly and embarrassingly abused his position, run his boring mouth, shown his true lack of colours.
FACT.

But if you're talking about showing emotion, you have to look at Mourinho - who shows no emotion, yet you'd probably wank all over him if you saw him.

I feel sorry for Sven, for certain people he can do no right - so we got beaten by NI, theyre more of a team than England, not because theyre better, or their manager chose better people - because they got the chance to play together more. If you have a look at the current England side, they play all around England, and our main star is in Spain. You cant build a team like that, but as far as im concerned, this is not Sven's fault.

We got beaten by BRAZIL - arguably the best team in the WORLD. It is no surprise or shame to lose against them.

Anyway, what divine right do England have at winning the world cup? England is a small country, whether people think it or not. Look at it on a map - it's tiny! We do not have the same amount of people as other countries by a few million, so therefore have slimmer pickings!

For God's sake people, have a look at Sven's record!!! If it were anyone British (and yes, i do think that there is a certain racist element in the tabs) then he would have probably been given a knighthood by now!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
But if you're talking about showing emotion, you have to look at Mourinho - who shows no emotion, yet you'd probably wank all over him if you saw him.

I feel sorry for Sven, for certain people he can do no right - so we got beaten by NI, theyre more of a team than England, not because theyre better, or their manager chose better people - because they got the chance to play together more. If you have a look at the current England side, they play all around England, and our main star is in Spain. You cant build a team like that, but as far as im concerned, this is not Sven's fault.

We got beaten by BRAZIL - arguably the best team in the WORLD. It is no surprise or shame to lose against them.

Anyway, what divine right do England have at winning the world cup? England is a small country, whether people think it or not. Look at it on a map - it's tiny! We do not have the same amount of people as other countries by a few million, so therefore have slimmer pickings!

For God's sake people, have a look at Sven's record!!! If it were anyone British (and yes, i do think that there is a certain racist element in the tabs) then he would have probably been given a knighthood by now!!

You forget that big sam would show emotion when we lose with his tactics, so thats ok

El Presidente said:
For a balding boring 50+ bloke with the personality of a can of dog food you have to take your hat off to him on the flange front.

Ulrika, Faria and Nancy are admittedly moving towards the vintage bintage category, but still all worth a scuttle.

Can't disagree with that. However, put Dowie on the top job in football, and in the papers and on tv every ten minutes, and slappers like those will suddenly find him strangely attractive. Even famous axe-murderers and midgets get birds, so not much surprises me when it comes to mercenary hookers . Fame, power, sexual politics..... love those soap-opera situations, such a turn-on. :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Listening to 5 live this evening and a caller came up with an idea that you send Big sam, curbs and Pearce out to the world cup to see what goes on to "groom" them and give them some insight.

I thought that wasnt the worst idea in the world.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Are people seriously raving about Hoddle???

The man was inept and horribly horribly misguided on his views over "Karma". Whether you believe the grounds for his sacking are justified or not, just take a look at his record as manager. He is remembered best for a 0-0 draw (against Italy in Rome) and I'm sorry, no matter how good the opposition, if your best result as England manager is a goalless draw then there's something wrong.

People seem to forget Sven is the man behind arguably the greatest England result of my lifetime - the 5-1 mauling of fierce rivals Germany.

I'm not entirely sure Sven is the right man for the job anymore but to suggest there is something wrong in him having ambition beyond his England job is a joke. Yes the man is motivated by money and power, but is that really news?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NMH said:

FACT.

I am not a big fan of Sven, but you are applying double standards.

1. Hoddle took us to the last 16 of WC98 and lost the first qualifier for Euro2000. Not a very good record. He went public with his 'diary' immediately after the WC which alienated him from the players. Outplayed Argentina in 'most'opinions? No, the sides were well matched and it was an excellent game of football. No doubt most Sun readers thought we deserved to win, but 90% of them wanted Kevin Keegan to be manager after Hoddle and now are in favour of Allardyce to be in control, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Good goal disallowed against Argentine, no continental ref would allow that, to me it looked identical to the one that we scored against Portugal in the Euro 2004 Championships under........Sven. The match against France we dominated, but the missed penalty and GOON like play by Gerrard and Heskey in the last two minutes cost us the match.

We lost against Portugal on penalties, according to you this is fine, provided the manager is English (Robson, Hoddle and Venables), but not if the manager is Sven. At least Sven prepared for pens by making the players practice them, your mate Glenn did not as he felt it unnecessary.

2. In WC2002 we looked out of sorts in the second half against Brazil. I would have liked to have seen Joe Cole come on, but he was deemed to be too risky by Sven, who is a very conservative manager, or loyal, depending on your viewpoint (or how much you dislike foreigners). David Seaman was probably still the best keeper in the country in 2002, age is not an issue, just ask Dino Zoff. He made a mistake, but other than that played reasonably well.

3. I am not sure what you mean by energy, I have watched City play a few times this season, and Psycho is very entertaining, but City are still shite half the time.

4. As for the Tounoi ( and I think you are scraping the barrel here) we lost to Brazil, but beat a half hearted Italy and France. Good results, but the equivalent of the Charity Shield in terms of who actually gives a shit.

5. I would love my gran to be manager of England, but this would mean she was more successful than England in qualifying for

a) World Cup 1974 (and remember we did not have to qualify for the previous two tournaments), 1978 and 1994 all had one thing in common. This mighty nation, who could be managed by a blind (and now dead RIP) Irishwoman failed to qualify when managed by English managers, who I suspect might have one or two more coaching qualifications than my nan (although the jury is still out in the case of Graham Taylor).

b) Euro 1972, 76

ben andrews' girlfriend said:

Mourinho is successful with Chelsea, but I don't get sexually excited by his football managing charisma, you've been hanging about with those other chaps too long luv.

What has player-placement got to do with anything? That they play all around England prevents sven from picking a winning team? How'd you work that out? Brasillians play all over Europe, our "main player" captain Beckham plays among them. Advantage England isn't it?

Since it's no shame to lost to Brasil, does it matter that we allow them to roll us over like a compliant geisha? When it comes to competition in the sport, Brasil is a nice name to start a football game with, that's ALL. Did you know that they feared us before the game? That many Brasillians expected to lose to us?

In the same manner as the last paragraph, we do NOT have any divine rights to win, just as they don't. It's about playing football with intent, skill, and passion. We didn't.
Population also means nowt, remember Cameroon in Italy? 22 professional players to the whole country. Again, it's about 11 v 11, passion and tactics. "It's the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight" See any fight in Swain? Let me know how to spot it if you do, please.

Racism in the tabloids? Well of course his race is brought to question, he's managing England yet he's incapable of national pride by birthright forfuxsake! Any one of us born English would dearly love to have his privileges, yet he RUBS OUR NOSES IN SHITE by his stupidity and in revealing his mercenary lust.
Knighthood? One time I'd love to be Queen for a day, swinging a sword over his bowing bonce!!
:bowdown: :mad:

El Presidente said:
I am not a big fan of Sven, but you are applying double standards.

1. Hoddle took us to the last 16 of WC98 and lost the first qualifier for Euro2000. Not a very good record. He went public with his 'diary' immediately after the WC which alienated him from the players. Outplayed Argentina in 'most'opinions? No, the sides were well matched and it was an excellent game of football. No doubt most Sun readers thought we deserved to win, but 90% of them wanted Kevin Keegan to be manager after Hoddle and now are in favour of Allardyce to be in control, hardly a ringing endorsement.

Good goal disallowed against Argentine, no continental ref would allow that, to me it looked identical to the one that we scored against Portugal in the Euro 2004 Championships under........Sven. The match against France we dominated, but the missed penalty and GOON like play by Gerrard and Heskey in the last two minutes cost us the match.

We lost against Portugal on penalties, according to you this is fine, provided the manager is English (Robson, Hoddle and Venables), but not if the manager is Sven. At least Sven prepared for pens by making the players practice them, your mate Glenn did not as he felt it unnecessary.

2. In WC2002 we looked out of sorts in the second half against Brazil. I would have liked to have seen Joe Cole come on, but he was deemed to be too risky by Sven, who is a very conservative manager, or loyal, depending on your viewpoint (or how much you dislike foreigners). David Seaman was probably still the best keeper in the country in 2002, age is not an issue, just ask Dino Zoff. He made a mistake, but other than that played reasonably well.

3. I am not sure what you mean by energy, I have watched City play a few times this season, and Psycho is very entertaining, but City are still shite half the time.

4. As for the Tounoi ( and I think you are scraping the barrel here) we lost to Brazil, but beat a half hearted Italy and France. Good results, but the equivalent of the Charity Shield in terms of who actually gives a shit.

5. I would love my gran to be manager of England, but this would mean she was more successful than England in qualifying for

a) World Cup 1974 (and remember we did not have to qualify for the previous two tournaments), 1978 and 1994 all had one thing in common. This mighty nation, who could be managed by a blind (and now dead RIP) Irishwoman failed to qualify when managed by English managers, who I suspect might have one or two more coaching qualifications than my nan (although the jury is still out in the case of Graham Taylor).

b) Euro 1972, 76

1.Agreed about the diary situation, it wasn't called for or appreciated. I do think we outplayed Argentina, not by much, but then we also had one less player. I'm not a Sun reader, and Keegan was always a dodgy prospect.

Our disallowed goal should have stood. When a goalkeeper is far from the ball as it is forced over the line, and all our player did WAS force it over the line, then it should stand. Is the keeper supposed to have more chance by privilege? He wasn't in possession, no-one got in his way who had no chance or control over the ball. Campbell did what every England player is required to do, and did it well.

Not "fine" to lose on pens. That wasn't the issue. We did NOT have to allow Portugal back into the game, that is the issue. The midfield was awol for most of the game, as soon as Rooney went off injured. Plan b is..... Swain didn't have one, just like Keegan wouldn't have had.

2.Out of sorts is right, it was pathetic. Some lsd in the water over there? Dodgy sushi the night before?
Risk would not have been defined by putting on a tricky thorn for Brasil's side to fathom out, when we were losing. Quietly, safely and sensibly securing a loss is much worse than throwing a outstandingly talented and risky unknown on and losing. We were losing, we were robotic, clueless, and then we lost. Like I said, playing Seaman was understandable, no-one could foresee his repeating a previous ineptitude. It was an amazingly lucky goal for Ronaldinho, talented as he is.

3. Enthusiasm and energy in a manager is not what wins games. The place for that is on the pitch anyway, not bubbling away madly in the manager. For all I know, sven has a party going on in his pants every game. I want to see a team fired up to try and get back into a game when we are losing, that's not a lot to ask. Passion and effort, desperate desire to win the ball and get it into their net at all cost. Yeah!

4. The Tournoi point isn't about the silverware, it is about the manner of play, the style and tactics. Tell me France didn't want it, or Italy weren't trying. You are disregarding it for the sake of leaning to your argument, and it's rubbish . ANY English player should want to win in an England shirt, as should any Italian in an Italy shirt. "we were trying and they weren't, so we barely won"? Give me a break!

5 a)& b) lol. Perhaps your gran would, at least, have had the players practise taking penalties!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here