Meopham, Kent.
El Presidente said:
Germany 1 England 5
England 1 Argentina 0
England 3 Argentina 2
Qualifying results for WC and Euro Champs

P 24 W 18 D5 L1

Northern Ireland 1 England 0

Rooney looking pissed off at being stuck out wide left, the players not understanding the system properly, tactical changes not being communicated to the player, Beckham being crowbarred into the system playing as the holding midfielder, and looking completely bemused in the second half by the substitutions.

Yes, we qualified, but was I alone in thinking "that must be the easiest qualification ever" when the groups had been drawn out for that qualifying campaign?

The test comes AT the major tournaments when you are in charge of England, and so far he has failed that test twice by going out meekly against 10 men, and then a team who were there for the taking, but we decided to sit on a 1 goal lead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
Northern Ireland 1 England 0

Rooney looking pissed off at being stuck out wide left, the players not understanding the system properly, tactical changes not being communicated to the player, Beckham being crowbarred into the system playing as the holding midfielder, and looking completely bemused in the second half by the substitutions.

Yes, we qualified, but was I alone in thinking "that must be the easiest qualification ever" when the groups had been drawn out for that qualifying campaign?

The test comes AT the major tournaments when you are in charge of England, and so far he has failed that test twice by going out meekly against 10 men, and then a team who were there for the taking, but we decided to sit on a 1 goal lead.

How can it be an easy group with 3 teams playing each other from the British isles? they were well up for the england game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Turkey said:
NOTW - **** OFF :angry:

Last week, I tended to agree. It was a nothing story, but this week .... if this is a crucial step towards blowing the lid off the sordid dealings in football, then I'd be pleased.

If corrupt agents and managers are exposed, and hounded from the game then I'd be delighted. It seems that all of football know who is doing this, but no-one is prepared to speak up. If it takes "secret tapes" to start this particular ball rolling then good on the NOTW.

I do accept that this is NOT their motivation behind this story, but hopefully it will be the result.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
KinkyHitler said:
How can it be an easy group with 3 teams playing each other from the British isles? they were well up for the england game.

The classic "it was their Cup Final" eh?

Look at the teams mate. They are shite. It could have only been easier if we'd had Scotland in there as well.

If we have to be concerned playing against a motivated John Hartson and David Healy, then we really do have problems.

That was a piss-easy group to qualify from. FACT.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WATFORD zero said:
WTF is the NOTW trying to do to England in the run up to the world cup. When the wankers come up with their 'Get behind the boys' edition, i'm going to set fire to every copy in every brighton newsagent.

So we now have three incredible exclusives.

'Seven seeks job for after world cup'
'Rio is lazy'
'Managers take bungs'

What are these brain damaged cretins going to come up with next , Pope is revealed as catholic, Dolly Parton sleeps on back shocker.

These people really are the lowest of the low :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What he said. Tabloid journalism at its very worst. Good piece by Patrick Barclay in The Sunday Telegraph today

Quote "The fake sheikh who duped Sven Goran Eriksson will probably end up with an award for journalism. If I had my way, he would be slung in jail for unjustified entrapment. And I shouldn't mind a bit if his editor and proprieter joined him. I think Eriksson's legal action for breach of confidence is the least they should face. And I cannot remember the last time I felt part of such an overwhelming majority"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
The classic "it was their Cup Final" eh?

Look at the teams mate. They are shite. It could have only been easier if we'd had Scotland in there as well.

If we have to be concerned playing against a motivated John Hartson and David Healy, then we really do have problems.

That was a piss-easy group to qualify from. FACT.

which we did

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
National Tyres & Autocare said:

BRING IN STUART PEARCE

Stuart Pearce says that anyone who is claiming that he should be the England manager is "Pathetic, embarrasing and ludicrous".

He has never met you, yet seems to have described your personality very accurately:jester:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Ernest said:
Stuart Pearce for ENGLAND manager :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I too would like to see him as England manager but not yet, he himself says he needs more experience, but i reckon he could be the one to take us to glory in Euro 2008 maybe?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pearce is a top bloke, but on what grounds make him England manager? He has won nothing, has no international experience, and tactically is unproven. Have you ever watched City play in the flesh?

El Presidente said:
Stuart Pearce says that anyone who is claiming that he should be the England manager is "Pathetic, embarrasing and ludicrous".

He has never met you, yet seems to have described your personality very accurately:jester:

That just about sums me up! Wow if Stuart Pearce can psycho analyse me without even meeting me, his man management skills must be first class. Surely this only strengthens his suitability to the 'impossible job'!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
When has the truth ever mattered to a journalist. Their job is to write what sells the paper.

Isnt there 2 men 1 a financial journalist for The Daily Mirror just been convicted of talking up shares in the paper to raise their values and for them to make money out of it.

Did I read LI is a financial journalist, perhaps he could explain it to me.

Think it was the mirror and they might both be jailed for this offence.

KinkyHitler said:

Every side we play in WC competition is 'well up' for the England game.
How and why can you consider any British Isles teams of any danger to us? They are weaker than us by far, and we know all about them so they shouldn't be able to surprise us.

Swain Boring Irksome has won nothing with England. I for one, believe that Hoddle or Bobby Robson would have bought home the World Cup last time, with the scalps of Brazil and the pathetic Germany hanging on his belt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NMH said:
Bobby Robson like an incapable bumbler, and Hoddle like a madman.

Got those two right to be fair.

I have no time for the suits either, but if you have read 'Build a Bonfire' David Davies comes out of it reasonably well. Any one with a knowledge of company law will of course know that the FA have very limited powers when it comes to the internal workings of a private company.

This is true, I suppose I have to admit I'd rather have Sven picking the England team than Graham Taylor ( Geoff Thomas in midfield springs to mind!), however that’s as far as I can go.

Sorry Svens definitely not the man!

Come to think of it maybe I'm just jealous of his dashing good looks... lets face it, he makes Ian Dowie look like the perfect 'Nivea for men' model.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For a balding boring 50+ bloke with the personality of a can of dog food you have to take your hat off to him on the flange front.

Ulrika, Faria and Nancy are admittedly moving towards the vintage bintage category, but still all worth a scuttle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here