Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta Loses Premier League Rights

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
espn

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Now is definetly the time for them to enter the market, although I wouldn't mind seeing 23 games on BBC/ITV.
Give me Setanta anyday over ITV, 23 more oppurtunities for David Pleat to spout shit and that Tyldsley idiot to come with cliche after cliche, no thanks!

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
How many subscribers will cancel Setanta now? I am seriously considering it, but have ESPN America for the MLB which is part of their package.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Good. Hopefully Sky do too.

So there's no Football on TV.

I can dream.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Not me, I love me Blue Square footy and also Gaelic footy and Hurling are ACE.

hurling is the BEES KNEES - i thank f*** for setanta every morning when i wake up for introducing me to it :clap:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Now been revealed that Setanta also owe the tax man £50,000,000 and the scheduled takeover is now not happening. I doubt they'll survive the weekend.

Hopefully someone comes in and takes the rights off them for the SPL and BSP as it would be awful to see teams go into financial problems due to the massive over-spending of a company which wasn't likely to succeed due to its competition.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Get ready to put bets on Umar Gul to be the leading wicket taker in the 2020, then get told it won't happen cause he was shit in the warm ups :angry:

They counted?:eek::nono:

Oct 25, 2003
Give me Setanta anyday over ITV, 23 more oppurtunities for David Pleat to spout shit and that Tyldsley idiot to come with cliche after cliche, no thanks!

"make no mistake, the lads will be well up for this"

Andy%20Townsend.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here